Doubles Skins Tourney

GUS

Having read posts about no tournaments in previous topics so I thought I would do something about it! I am going to put on a tourney at Lonny based on bfcc's Doubles Skins Tourney. (Thanx bfcc). I am only going to post the format and prizefund, and once i know of at least 20 bowlers that are interested, then I will find a date to hold it. We will soon see if you guys really want to bowl tourneys or not.

E/fee---Bowlers--Games--Total Games
$75.00----24--------8---------192

$4.40 Game Rate
$844.80 Total Games Cost

$1,800.00 Total Entry Fees

$955.20 Prize Fund

$100.00 Payout Per Skin Per Team
$20.00 Hi Game Award Per Game

Obviously, if we don't get 24 then payout will change accordingly. If we do get 24 i will even throw in the $4.80.(For those who actually sit down and work out the prizefund it is $4.80 short lol)
Any questions just ask
icon_smile.gif

hi gus , i can see what you are trying to do for the bowlers and thats a good thing ,but if you run the tournament on a sunday morning or saturday afternoon when the bowl is dead but the staff are there doing nothing maybe you can get a cheaper game rate($4.40 social play is cheaper than that for 8 games). half the problem is as bowlers if we want cheaper rates we have to work in with the bowling centre management. bowl when the centre isnt full of social players if that means getting out of bed early on a sunday morning so be it or a saturday afternoon before the centre starts its moonlight bowling thats works too.

i don't want to bagg you because it is good to see someone interstate trying to do the right thing for the bowlers, i wish you all the success in your doubles and post some results.

Hi Gus.

Good to see some one getting off their back side and trying to organise a SERIOUS TOURNAMENT.

I'm sure I will find some one who is silly enough to want to bowl with me - put me down as a definate.

hey gus,
is there an average limit to bowl in it because i was thinking of doing that is if i am allowed to, and if criky would go with me i woudl do it with you lol, my brother said to that he would be up for it, i reckon that i could try and get bowlers down here into it as well if you would like.

bowl to win
jaayson

Thanks for the encouragement bfcc. The thing is that I work for AMF at the bowl, and the chances of getting a better game rate are very, very slim. Especially now that if an AMF manager wants to give away any free games, the cost of the games gets taken out of their promotions budget at $5 a game! So $4.40 is prob the best rate I can get but I am going to try and negotiate anyways.

For the ppl interested in bowling, I was thinking of pairing everybody up by picking names out of a hat on the day just to make it a bit interesting. Thoughts??

And for jayson no average limits open to everbody and anybody.

Gus, count me and Tim Bessell in to be there. I think the draw for partners sounds like a plan as well... at least then I won't have to find someone stupid enough to bowl with me
icon_wink.gif

sounds good gus, but there could be the possibility that people wont bowl in it if they are partnered up like that, but any way i am all for it as long as you dont use 42 feet of oil lol kidding

Gus wats going on?, thats sounds good, is that high game per person or team??, i think u should let people pick there partners mate, then u get the person that u want, nothing worse and bowling with some one all day and u dont get along or u get a dud, just a thought. how much to enter??, i might throw in a ball, if u can get some other sponsorship.

regards
Mark Foster.
icon_smile.gif

HEY GUS

YOU CAN COUNT ME IN, IT SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN & PICKING UR PARTNER OUT OF A HAT SOUNDS GOOD CAUSE IM WITH KC I WOULDNT BE ABLE 2 FIND SOMEONE SILLY ENOUGH 2 OR ID GET STUCK WITH DAD THIS WAY I STILL COULD BUT IT MAKES MORE INTERESTING.

CATCH YA ALL LATER

JACK

Hey Gus
Brilliant idea you got going here!!! I am pretty sure you would get a lot of support from the north west coast for the double skins tournament!!!
I'm not to keen on the idea of drawing partners out of a hat though!!
You can defintely count me in!! It sounds like it will be great competition!

Beck

Hi Gus,

Sound good to me.

As Beck said you should get plenty of support from the coast.

Sounds like some people want to pick thier own partner and some want to draw for one.
Why not do it both ways.
Those that want to enter as a double can do so and the others can enter as a single and draw for a partner.

Also i yhink your phone will be back soon, it want via Bahrain.

Regards,
Brett
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

The idea with picking out of a hat was just a thought and as usual some like it, some don't. So we will go with brett. If you want to bring a partner then u can and, we will also partner ppl up if u want. I will do whatever makes everyone happy.

The high game is per peson per game. A bit silly to give a high game award to a team when they just won the skin. Think about it bruv!!

Jayson, we will be using an fiq standard pattern which might just be a sport pattern(hint, hint) and i was thinking maybe 50ft oil!!!! LOL

Brett, did u send my phone to scoops!! LOL

Just Fyi 9 entries.

gus your only going to make it 42 feet or above because your the only damn bloke that can still bowl on it with the exceptions of garry crick lol, but the idea is great it will sort out those who can bowl on the condition and those who cant(im more than likely going to fall under the last category lol)
cheers all

hey gus, what's happening???

not that I think you need me too, but i thought i would reply and let you know that i will be in. im with you on the partner thing tho, i think if you allow ppl to choose there own partners you will lose numbers because we will end up with 4 or 5 strong teams who most of the other teams feel they have little chance of beating!! i think we should pull the names out of hat, after all the entry fee is only $75, it will make the torny more attractive to a wide range of bowlers, and the 'elite' bowlers still get there chance to shoot for the high games and are just as much chance of winning skins as every1 else!!!

Not that it worries me, cos i would back myself to find a decent partner and have a fair dip, but i just think that is by far the best way to attract the most bowlers!!!

By the way, where are we bowling this torny .... pls pls don't say lton!!!!

PS: to Jaayson, there may be just a couple of other bowlers in the state who can bowl in heaps of oil ...... some rev it more than hayden, some less ... but they are about ....

that's my say .....
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

G'day all, just to let you know i have got the a formidable combination of myself and Garry Crick, SO SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! LOL,
lets get ready to rumble.

Cheers
Mark.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

To Scooter, what you said about the partner thing my thoughts exactly but you have to go with what ppl want so, so be it. As long as we get at least 20 I am happy and yes it is at lonny. You'll be right. TRUST ME!

To Andrew, just wanted to be fair to you hobart guys who don't know how to put your fingys under the ball in oil.HAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFLMAO Just Jokes.

That Gives us 12 Entries. Only 8 to go and we have a tourney. Only 3 from hobart tho!

So if you intend on bowling either post,email, or call me.
icon_sad.gif
icon_confused.gif

Thanks for the back up GUS, but there lies the problem with MOST tassie bowlers - too many bowlers who are only concerned about what they will get out of the torny ..... if they maybe thought in the long term a little more (ie: made a few concessions) then a torny like this would not be a one off but could be run a few times a year as i think it is an excellent format. we don't have a huge number of 'outsatanding' bowlers in this state, and i think it is fair to say that most simply do not bowl as they don't rate themselves a realistic chance of winning an event - after all with the money that is normally payed to bowl in a torny you have to be confident of giving it a crack!!!! i think this format could dispell that sort of thinking either by pulling pairs out of a hat or having a grading system ... (ie: 24 bowlers, select your top 12 bowlers put them in hat a, put the other 12 in hat b, each team consists of a player from hat a & hat b ..... makes the whole day a little more interesting!!!

Just my thoughts anyway, whichever way it is run, sounds like at least this one will be a goer!! You say you need 8 to go ..... guaranteed would be Ashley & Matty, more than likely would be Brett k, Trent, Matt D, Adam L ..... that's 6 more, and we still haven't scratched the surface with the Hobart bowlers who seemingly are the ones crying out for tournaments!!!! C'mon guys, show some support, give us some names so we can get this torny off the ground!!!!

Lastly .... if we have to pick partners .... GUS, how about it????
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

Count me in...I'm there already!!!

BTW.....GUS, why don't you put a 55' pattern??....just like normal up there isn't it?? LOL
icon_biggrin.gif

Scooter, my thoughts exactly!

We will have a vote on the partnering thing.
Most votes will decide what we do.
To pick your own or to pick out of a hat.
Vote now.

We could also re-pick after every game, bit more interesting.

I was also thinking of running brackets for games 1-3,4-6,7-8 at $5 per bracket. The winner takes $40 for the 1st 2 and $20 for the last one. Maybe the last one could be 2 or 3 sets.

Thoughts?

Gus, I will be in this tournament. I can only go in it if it's febuary or after as I have a fair bit of stuff on throughout january. But anyways, sounds promissing. This was the sort of deal my post concerning Tasmanian tournaments was directed at. Thanx for doing something Gus. It sounds pretty cool. As for the partners thing, I like Bretts idea of who ever has partners can enter like that, and who ever doesn't that enters the tournament get's paired. But I don't know, it might need some more disscussion among all keen entrants, but the first thing is to get the entrants first, and it looks like that is going pretty well. Thanx again for actually geting something going.

Back
Top Bottom