COUNTRY CUP 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woody

Having the Country Cup in Colac is really a stupid idea. There are at least 14 teams with 12 lanes... that means its going to have to run for 3 days and its over the easter break!! Country Cup should be moved to another bowling centre that can actually handle the Country Cup for 2003 no worries.

Peter Emmett

unfortunately the centre has out grown colac, going back to 1985 when mildura became the tenth team, we all knew that sooner or later we would be forced with this dilemma, of out growing certain centres.

my opinion is, its time for change, sorry to the colac people, but nobody should oppose to progression, especially when it gives more players the opportunity to compete in one of the best tournaments in victoria.

the only thing that may worry some is, that in 15 years time, we might have more than 16 teams, thus eliminating, ballarat, sale, colac, mildura, albury wodonga and bedigo.......... just some food for thought.

heres a different idea for everyone

bowl 2003 at geelong, the top 10 teams in the overall division , will go on to bowl in the country cup 2004 at colac, and that doesn't matter if colac qualify or not.

and then the next year (2005) it will be at latrobe valley so everyone can go again.

Woody

Having the Country Cup in Colac is really a stupid idea. There are at least 14 teams with 12 lanes... that means its going to have to run for 3 days and its over the easter break!! Country Cup should be moved to another bowling centre that can actually handle the Country Cup for 2003 no worries.

Peter Emmett

unfortunately the centre has out grown colac, going back to 1985 when mildura became the tenth team, we all knew that sooner or later we would be forced with this dilemma, of out growing certain centres.

my opinion is, its time for change, sorry to the colac people, but nobody should oppose to progression, especially when it gives more players the opportunity to compete in one of the best tournaments in victoria.

the only thing that may worry some is, that in 15 years time, we might have more than 16 teams, thus eliminating, ballarat, sale, colac, mildura, albury wodonga and bedigo.......... just some food for thought.

heres a different idea for everyone

bowl 2003 at geelong, the top 10 teams in the overall division , will go on to bowl in the country cup 2004 at colac, and that doesn't matter if colac qualify or not.

and then the next year (2005) it will be at latrobe valley so everyone can go again.

Just wondering if there is anymore news on Country Cup next year. I don't feel it should held at Colac, there is not enough lanes at the centre to hold the tournament and the town doesn't have enough accomadtion for all the teams. Our manager booked our accomadtion late for this years Country Cup at Shepp and we ended up 30k's out of Shepp. Good one Russell!

Just wondering if there is anymore news on Country Cup next year. I don't feel it should held at Colac, there is not enough lanes at the centre to hold the tournament and the town doesn't have enough accomadtion for all the teams. Our manager booked our accomadtion late for this years Country Cup at Shepp and we ended up 30k's out of Shepp. Good one Russell!

who is bowling this year

hi all country bowlers i am just write to ask who is try out for country cup this year and what center they are from because i know bendigo team is missing a few that would always have a go but because of the time it is no good :?

It's a bad decision to hold Country Cup at Easter.
I just hope that this decision does not have an adverse affect on Country Cup in the long run. I personally feel that this decision was made and forced by proprietors so that in the future their centres will have the come back that "if it was changed for Colac it can be changed for us."
This was definately not a decision made by or for the bowlers!
Sad that Lisa & I wont be able to bowl this time because of this decision but good luck and good bowwling to all those that do participate.

Rob Garioch

Sunraysia Country Cup Team 2003

Macca

Since the C/cup is over the easter period, sunraysia hasnt got enough females for the womans team, so therefore only a mens side will be entering in the C/cup of 2003. The mens side consists of:

Cliff Roberts (co-captian)
Murray Holmes (co-captain)
Peter Emmett
Don Bowsley
Luke Roberts
Daniel Browne
James Rice

Brownyn Roberts (manager)

Hope to See you over the easter break for some fierce competition :)

Yes craig what did you mean by the dads army I am still a bit confused over that but really I am "LMAO" cause I cant wait to read your post......
Take care Kellie Hart
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey chucky,

just re-read the above posts.

a bit confused.

is there something happening up there that i dont know about???

or is it just my mind playing tricks on me??

rig

No Rob you did read it right chucky is going home, and that is back to Geelong, he got a job offer and he is going back there in two weeks time so no your mind wasnt playing tricks on you.
Kellie :lol:

yeah geelong it is

i miss the cold weather, the afl and the OIL

cya's at easter

p.s rig, explain to peter why i would say dads army :wink:

and say hi to boofhead

you interested in the werribee marathon, talk to you soon

hey chucky,

good to see you finally got to work,lol

am interested in werribee marathon.

will give you a call tomorrow

rig