Comments required by all TB Members and Tournament Bowlers

Yes Jeff SPC was only posted on this site in July, but you tell me how it is going to get to TotalBowling or on this new site any earlier if the National Tournament Director only had the entry form finished one week ago
Aha, now there's a valid point. Suppose last November when it was put on the calendar, it was added to this new site as "New Event", "Scratch", "Estimated Fee: $275", "Planned Location: Moorabbin". Note the Planned, and Estimated parts. I then register my interest in January. The Director now has a little more information (not much, granted) about the interest level when actually setting squads. So then he adds the entry form, and me who has pre-registered my interest gets the form in my email without having to remember in July to check back here.

Jase said:
…And Jeff sooner that people start changing the minds of those that think that crapping on as you put it still happens on TotalBowling, the sooner we can all start to move forward in the sport…If the site has it from time to time then don’t read it…Sometimes like this thread it’s a difference of opinion not crapping on…TotalBowling is more than just a forum…
Can't argue with that Jase!

I like Jase have sat back the last couple of days reading the posts on Total Bowling. It is good to see that the Tenpin Events website has created so much discussion – why else would we have such a great forum like on Total Bowling.

I have decided to answer some of the questions that have been raised through this site.

Firstly, Tenpin Events IS NOT here to work in opposition with Total Bowling, however it IS HERE to enhance the Total Bowling website.

Secondly, unlike the Total Bowling website, we have decided not to take funding from proprietors as we will be staying ‘neutral’. This is a website for ALL Tournament Directors, Associations, Clubs, Groups and Proprietors to market their events to US as bowlers.

Thirdly, this website was started purely from a marketing prospective. As you can see there are a lot of tournaments out there – bringing them all together into one website allows us all to see when tournaments are on.

Whatever the perception is on Total Bowling of us ‘taking over’ Total Bowling, or ‘duplicating’ Total Bowling, or even having a forum such as this one, is just not correct in anyway. Jase and his team run an awesome site here, and we will work to compliment each other.

To answer some of Jason’s questions…
Bowlers details as per the privacy act are kept confidential – however, if you are entering a tournament through the website, of course your details are sent through to the Tournament Director to enter that tournament – the same as completing a manual registration of a tournament.
With regards to favoritism and squad listings we have absolutely no control over that. When a bowler enters a tournament the information is IMMEDIATELY emailed through to the Tournament Director. We have absolutely no intervention in this process, registrations automatically get emailed.

Besides being an events website….
It is the intention of tenpin events to be involved in the development and marketing of significant tournaments and related events. When rolled out in due course it will become obvious to all the intentions of this company to be pro-active in the growth of the bowling industry.

Finally at the end of the day we are not forcing anyone to use our website. Like the Total Bowling website – or any other website on the internet - we all have a choice to look at it, and/or use it. Tenpin Events is here to assist bowlers find tournaments, and for Tournament Directors to market their tournaments.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions.

having looked at the site i can see there are merits in having it and the only criticism i have at the moment would be that the events should probably be listed in date order to make it easier to find.

Having read this thread and watched it over the last few days, I wonder how many of the people who have commented use the internet to book movie/show tickets or even to pay some bills??

You will noticed that most of these services are provided for a booking fee. it is purely an administration fee that covers the cost of a "middle man" looking after your transaction, I personally fail to see how you can think that charging a couple of dollars to handle your booking can be a money making scheme/operation as it is being described by some people. cause believe me it is not going to help this company/people make money (profit) once they pay to have the website hosted and register the domain name build and maintain the site etc etc.

And again it comes back down to the fact that we have a choice to either use or not use the service that is being provided.

Thats just my two cents.....Have a nice day/night.....

I wonder how many of the people who have commented use the internet to book movie/show tickets or even to pay some bills??

movie/show.........../bowling = sport

it is a nice site but u have to think y the fu#@ pay some one to mail off a dam entry form i dc what anny one thinks on the site but i just think FU#$ some one haz thaught of some thing verry simple to make cash i know its only some thing little but as my comments be 4 (whats the point wen thay dont fill up anny way) maby we should think of a new way to premote the sport in schools and outher activitys instad of just wasting time on outer things but i havnt been in the sport that long but watching/playing it over the years i have to say the numbers are depleting year by year (but for some reason queensland is gaining more numbers?) and is this the answer we are looking 4 well i dont think so but MEH what do i have to do with it but i could ague for manny hours but thats my litte go =p and tell me if im rong please? :D

Secondly, unlike the Total Bowling website, we have decided not to take funding from proprietors as we will be staying ‘neutral’.

Karen,

Could you please explain what you mean here...

Support for TotalBowling comes from two places...

AMF...
ONLINE Pro Shops... (Covers there adds that they have to sell there products to the Total Bowling Members)
ALL monies that are collected by TotalBowling throughout the year go back into prize funds or to the bowlers...

Any money that AMF, or Online Pro Shops pay, go to Tournament prize funds or Sponsorships or the costs for Advertising the Website in Centres so that we get more members, hence more people know about what is going on in our sport…Hence try and grow Participation levels in our sport…

Just so that its clear TotalBowling runs as a NON PROFIT organization…Yes you might find it hard to believe but I or anyone who is involved with TotalBowling do it for the Love of the sport…None of us draw a wage of any kind…When we travel to do live scores, we like Peter Coburn used to do it out of our own back pocket…Web hosting, Screens, Monitors I have purchased, Laptops everything, comes out of my own hip pocket and not what is supplied by AMF or the Pro Shops…

Tournaments we have sponsored or do sponsor since I have taken over the site…
  • Melbourne Tenpin Cup
  • Orange Open
  • Western Open
  • Twin Tour
  • South Australian Rachuig Team
  • South Queensland Rachuig Team
  • Darrell Holt Restricted Challenge
  • Total Bowling Touring Circuit
  • Caboolture Open
  • Numerous Skins and Dust till Dawn events…

Just to name a few...

We have also donated money or prizes for 300 Games in some Events…

We have also purchased balls and products to give away for competitions and also given away Petrol Vouchers, donated quiet a few shirts for different reasons also…

I don’t feel as though we take "funding from proprietors" as you put it!!!!!

I wonder how many of the people who have commented use the internet to book movie/show tickets or even to pay some bills??
it is a nice site but u have to think y the fu#@ pay some one to mail off a dam entry form i dc what anny one thinks on the site but i just think FU#$ some one haz thaught of some thing verry simple to make cash i know its only some thing little but as my comments be 4 (whats the point wen thay dont fill up anny way) maby we should think of a new way to premote the sport in schools and outher activitys instad of just wasting time on outer things but i havnt been in the sport that long but watching/playing it over the years i have to say the numbers are depleting year by year (but for some reason queensland is gaining more numbers?) and is this the answer we are looking 4 well i dont think so but MEH what do i have to do with it but i could ague for manny hours but thats my litte go =p and tell me if im rong please? :D

That has to be the worst post I've ever seen. If you wish to voice your opinion, please do so, so that someone can understand it. I've read that post 8 times, and still don't understand it.

If you need help, check this site out:

http://www.english-online.org.uk/course.htm
Thanks

Have to agree with Tonx on this post.

Makes me feel dyslexic :rolleyes:

Rob

Thats BeCoZ yOu DoNt UnDeRsTaNd Da NeT LiNgO tOnX

lol

here it is translated

it is a nice site but you have to think why the fu#@ pay someone to mail off a damn entry form. I dont see what anyone thinks on the site but i just think FU#$ someone has thought of some thing very simple to make cash. i know its only something little but as my comments before (whats the point when they dont fill up any way) maybe we should think of a new way to promote the sport in schools and outher activities instead of just wasting time on outer things but i havnt been in the sport that long but watching/playing it over the years i have to say the numbers are depleting year by year (but for some reason queensland is gaining more numbers?) and is this the answer we are looking for, well i dont think so but MEH what do i have to do with it but i could argue for many hours but thats my litte go =p and tell me if im wrong please?

Thanks for the translation Mankind 280.... it was 12am & my spelling goes haywire & I was on MSN at the same time ... but you got the message anyway!!!TYVM

btw i am dyslexic!!!

Back
Top Bottom