Belmo in Sydney's Daily Telegraph

jhk67

Inside Back Page (Pg 87)

Picture and all, and all I can say is, About bloody time Tenpin Bowling got some mainstream publicity!

The Daily Telegraph must have stumbled over Belmo. Can't imagine that one of our organisations in Australia would of put out a media release to promote one of our greatest bowlers.
Thanks Belmo

Hi ... I can answer the question re where the pic was taken and possibly how the latest Daily Telegraph story has appeared - The photo was taken by News Ltd staff photographer Gregg Porteous in April 2006 at Manhattan Superbowl. It was a commissioned shoot, and George Selia agreed for his Centre to be used as it was the most convenient location for the Sydney-based photographer to access and coincided with one of Belmo's many overseas trips, which inevitably involve passing through Mascot!

With the enormous amount of publicity that Jason has been generating in the US recently, the national and international newswire services have been researching their files and getting updated material to circulate numerous stories about Jason’s two-handed delivery. Several years of keeping the Sports Editors of Associated Press, Reuters and of course Australian Associated Press aware of Belmo's achievements, coupled with his increasingly successful performances on the international stage, have resulted in the sports media again being prompted to realise there is a local hero in our midst :)

lynne

In the old days Steve Mackie used to do a column in Sydeny. Goin back even further i read about Jan Kozaki doing one too!!! Hopefully this is a start back to those 'glory days' in the mainstream press

Belmo has had full page articles on the Wall StJournal, & heaps of TV coverage of in the U.S lately, and all one of the major newspapers in Sydney can do, is run a 3yo picture & a paragraph about jason!!

Pathetic!!

Belmo has had full page articles on the Wall StJournal, & heaps of TV coverage of in the U.S lately, and all one of the major newspapers in Sydney can do, is run a 3yo picture & a paragraph about jason!!

Pathetic!!

This is a NEWS LTD paper mate
they are scum

They wouldnt be used to talking up a sportsmen
they are so used to trying to bring sportsmen and women down.

You wait there probably trying to dig some dirt on jason
because thats how those leaches roll.

Back
Top Bottom