Toilets

mrglen

Toilets, a facility we all utilise on a daily basis... Except if your a ten pin bowling centre cleaner.

What's wrong with the centre managers who allow public facilities to get this bad? The state of some of the toilets in centres ive been to lately are disgusting.

An old favourite centre recently had a total refurbishment. Not the toilets. An illawarra located centre has four cubicles ( the mens, not sure of women's) and only one door that closed. My own centre in Sydney, they dont even flush and cant recall seeing any warning signs due to hazy stench.

I manage a business that has public facilities and know its not a difficult undertaking to maintain the toilets in working order and clean. Yes, at times it can be an unpleasant job, but not difficult or unncessary.

To the decision makers who look at the tenders of centres bidding to hold tournaments, PLEASE include in the bidding formula the state of the toilets. Because at present, its a disgrace.

I havent named the centres above, but i reckon other bowlers know of these three and other disgusting centres...

Have you bothered to take this up with staff or even the centre manager?

OH.. I THINK THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT ALREADY KNOW. THEY JUST DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR FACILITIES.

You'd think that with the current price of a game of bowling, that the bowling centre owners could afford to employ a porter to keep their centres clean. But then again I guess that's all in the past..today it's all about the bottom line..To hell with customer service. Just hand over your money and don't complain.

was going to say something here, but i gathered with your management success in this country wayne

i'd let your record speak for itself

The Illawarra located centre i'm familiar with. Just ram the cubicle walls to allow the door to shut :p

was going to say something here, but i gathered with your management success in this country wayne
i'd let your record speak for itself

Would you like to dispute any part of what I wrote? Or is innuendo your favourite form of response?

I served for a year as the general manager of ECHUCA KINGPIN BOWL, and you can bet your bottom dollar that our public areas were always well maintained, clean and orderly. I left their employ only when the business was sold and the new owners decided to run the place themselves.

That sir is my management experience in Australia. Before that, I managed two bowling centres in California as well. once from 1980-1983 and again in 1994-95.

yes Craig, my record does speak for itself...and I'm proud of it!

OH.. I THINK THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT ALREADY KNOW. THEY JUST DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR FACILITIES.
You'd think that with the current price of a game of bowling, that the bowling centre owners could afford to employ a porter to keep their centres clean. But then again I guess that's all in the past..today it's all about the bottom line..To hell with customer service. Just hand over your money and don't complain.

Mate I deal with stupid people every day but you take the cake. You must live in some Fantasy island or some thing if you owned a bowling center you would understand you cant charge $1 a game or what ever else u think is a rip off.

Here is a dare wayne next time before you write some thing take a long think and think to your self, Is what I am about to write going to make me look like i have a sausage on my head. Because i know that i am sick of reading your rubbish and i am sure most other people are.I have read through a lot of your posts and i am getting 1 common trend with all your post your a very negative person. I Think you need a group HUG.

I have read through a lot of your posts and i am getting 1 common trend with all your post your a very negative person. I Think you need a group HUG.

A GROUP HUG:confused:
Wayne involved in a group hug.
Would you find other people for this.:surrender::(:confused:

Grumpy;)

Mate I deal with stupid people every day but you take the cake. You must live in some Fantasy island or some thing if you owned a bowling center you would understand you cant charge $1 a game or what ever else u think is a rip off.
Here is a dare wayne next time before you write some thing take a long think and think to your self, Is what I am about to write going to make me look like i have a sausage on my head. Because i know that i am sick of reading your rubbish and i am sure most other people are.I have read through a lot of your posts and i am getting 1 common trend with all your post your a very negative person. I Think you need a group HUG.

More like he needs a psychiatrist and anti-depressants ;)

I am not going into the hug i just ment that is what he needs. :)

yea and maybe some zoloft may be in order to

I DIDN'T START THIS THREAD SO PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THE FACT THAT SOMEONE ELSE MADE THE COMPLAINT. I ONLY INSERTED MY OPINION INTO THE THREAD.

Now that the name calling has commenced, I'll ask the question once again. As a proprietor, manager, deskperson isn't it your responsibility to know where your problem areas are? And shouldn't you do something to keep your toilets, concourse and settees clean and inviting?..Too many times the "it's not my job" attitude has ultimately led to the downfall of a business venture. Wouldn't it be nice if we could return to the days when visiting a bowling centre was always an enjoyable experience in more ways than just having a good shot to bowl on.

So instead of waging a personal attack upon my person, how about some of you tackle the question at hand.

I DIDN'T START THIS THREAD SO PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THE FACT THAT SOMEONE ELSE MADE THE COMPLAINT. I ONLY INSERTED MY OPINION INTO THE THREAD.
Now that the name calling has commenced, I'll ask the question once again. As a proprietor, manager, deskperson isn't it your responsibility to know where your problem areas are? And shouldn't you do something to keep your toilets, concourse and settees clean and inviting?..Too many times the "it's not my job" attitude has ultimately led to the downfall of a business venture. Wouldn't it be nice if we could return to the days when visiting a bowling centre was always an enjoyable experience in more ways than just having a good shot to bowl on.
So instead of waging a personal attack upon my person, how about some of you tackle the question at hand.

Wernt you ever taught if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all the problem with that is you would never talk or type again

Wernt you ever taught if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all
So leave the toilets like they are? Because its not nice to say they are dirty or someone isnt doing their job to keep them clean?

OK this has just become too silly for words. Wayne and I will not ever agree on everything - and nor should we. Wayne has strong points of view - and so do I - and so do most people on this site. Wayne very often takes an opposing view of general opinion [I'm pretty certain] to ensure people think about what they are saying - and about the subject at hand. Wayne Chester brings to the table a lot of experience and a great deal of knowledge - lived knowledge - not text book stuff - agree or not - his input has very often inspired clear thought and has ensured a different approach and mind set to many topics -this is just one.

Belt his ideas - but leave the man alone.

OK this has just become too silly for words. Wayne and I will not ever agree on everything - and nor should we. Wayne has strong points of view - and so do I - and so do most people on this site. Wayne very often takes an opposing view of general opinion [I'm pretty certain] to ensure people think about what they are saying - and about the subject at hand. Wayne Chester brings to the table a lot of experience and a great deal of knowledge - lived knowledge - not text book stuff - agree or not - his input has very often inspired clear thought and has ensured a different approach and mind set to many topics -this is just one.
Belt his ideas - but leave the man alone.

Here, Here.

I do not always agree with Wayne, though, here he had some valid points and people come out of the woodwork to not debate the question at hand but to knock down the person.

Being subjected to this behaviour myself for no good reason, personally, I think that this mentality is the downfall of bowling and this site.
People attacking people rather than the PROBLEMS of this sport.

Also, for a moderator to be the second cab off the rank to insult a person rather than the idea is quite disheartening.

My $0.05

Rhyss.

Here, Here.
I do not always agree with Wayne, though, here he had some valid points and people come out of the woodwork to not debate the question at hand but to knock down the person.
Being subjected to this behaviour myself for no good reason, personally, I think that this mentality is the downfall of bowling and this site.
People attacking people rather than the PROBLEMS of this sport.
Also, for a moderator to be the second cab off the rank to insult a person rather than the idea is quite disheartening.
My $0.05
Rhyss.

Dude, you need to lighten up :p

When did humour get flushed down the toilet? :roflmao:

Bowling is supposed to be a fun and socially inviting sport. If there's any mentality leading to the downfall of bowling, it's fanatics on this site who spit the dummy whenever someone cracks a joke.

Sorry, but I agree in part with Wayne.

The only thing is with that idea Wayne, is that the general public have an unfortunate propensity to treat centres (in fact any public area) like their own personal toilet these days, I know personally because I (and the late Rodney Radcliffe) used to clean Moonah Bowl for a few years there.
Some of the things we saw, you wouldn't believe humans could behave like that.
And to maintain a centre all day after these filthy pigs have wreacked havoc you'd just about have to employ someone full time to look after the place and with centres trying to cut spending and having fewer people on the counter (at our AMF place anyway) it just won't happen and the counter staff don't always have time to run about performing cleaning work at busy times.
I look at our centre and find it filthy, but my first thought is not 'slack cleaner' but 'how little are they paying them' and 'how little time are they given to do their work in'.

When I found out the answers to both I could fully understand why!

i worked in the bowling centre in devonport and we were asked by the owners every day to mark on the sheet we had that the toilets were checked at least 3 to 4 times a day not when it was busy cause you just cant do it then but as soon as it got a little bit quiet just go and have a look and it does not take much to ask some one else to just keep an eye on the counter why you give the loo's a quick clean no more than 10 minutes is needed the same can be said if it is quiet and no one is in the centre give things a clean because by keeping things clean meens happier customers and more of them and by doing this you do notice that they keep coming back and usually with more people.

Back
Top Bottom