GEORGE and the radio...part two.........

Hippy??

Heard a funny thing on the radio this arvo.....some people were talking about something called "tenpin bowling".

I know that most of you will find this hard to beleive but it is true that bowling got some media coverage that was (in my opinion) very positive and also informative to people that do not bowl. The interviewers sounded interested , and the interviewee was most informative and very positive about the subject. It was on Brisbane radio station 4BC (1116 AM on your dial) during the daily sports show at about 6.40pm.

I've got to say well done to George for a great job at short notice. He was a great ambassador for our sport and should be congratulated by us all..........(this statement will come back to haunt me one day.......I just know it will)....

Last time you and the radio crossed paths you copped a bit of flak......but this time you did us all proud...(does this make me the newest member of the G.F. fan club).
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Also got to say well done to B.F.C.C. for the phone calls and the e-mail to set it up. See even someone that big and slow moving can be useful for something.......
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

hi all , just wanted to say a big thanks to george for doing a great job on short notice,in the past i have given george a hard time about some of the things he has said but yesterday he did the right thing for tenpin bowling in general(this doesn't mean i not going to give u a hard time in the future george) our major sponor alley's asphalt was listening to the show and was very happy to hear his company name on the radio.

and to dave a card carrying member of the G.F fan club you will never live that down !!
icon_biggrin.gif
see dave not bad for a couple of lefties
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Well done george,great news for the game of tenpin.Hopefully this will turn into a more regular thing.
Now that you are a member of the george fan club dave,Will this mean that you will be turning up to bowl in muscle shirts as well?????
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
(soory george couldn't help myself,lol)
Also to Bfcc well done for the media exposure,who nows with a bit of luck this might lead to something on t.v. again.

Till next time
Tryhard

hi all, just to let everyone now thanks to george and his efforts on the radio on monday we now have a local newspaper running a story on the sport series and they will be there tomorrow talking photos and talking to the bowlers .

it might seem small to some of u but it is a start and hopefully it will lead to bigger and better things.

thanks again to george for his time and effort.

Back
Top Bottom