bowling on the radio

Chucky

This morning Nova in Brisbane had its catch 22 competition done. The challenge was for 22 strikes to be bowled in 22 minutes. It was done at the strikezone in the wintergarden. All 12 lanes were open for the competition.

The female bowler who took on the challenge had not bowled much at all got i beleive 10 strikes out of 153 balls bowled.

During the challenge they had a phone call from george stating that he thought it was a very tough thing to do. as 22 strikes is not a bad effort and he said that he even thought it would be tough for him, let alone any old person pulled off the street.

How many people reckon they could pull this feet off. 22 strikes in 22 minutes with 12 lanes running.

I recon it would be extreamly hard.

Wow what a great competition...

It is possible, but very hard i would say, as the average game on 1 lane takes around 20minutes or so.

I would love to give it a go!!!

p.s.
It would have to be with a plastic ball from what I have heard QLD is like, so it wouldn't matter if the lanes were ditched up!!! lol

I would agree, it would be pretty tough to do, especially with the pressure on.

I'd love to have a shot at it though...

yeah i would love to give it a try.. Might have to check with my centre see how nice i can be and give it a shot..

ps. not all QLD centres are drier then dead dogs door nail... lol just the ones further north then say the sunshine coast. most the ones in the SE corner are good. Just make sure you get frech oil.. :)

I think that it would be a fun challenge to do. I would have a go but I think that it would take a few attepmts to be able to do it. If you could warm up and have some practice attempts, it would be easier. I think someone who is not a bowler getting 22 strikes in 22 minutes would be near impossible. I think that person did well in getting 10 strikes in that time. Considering the presure and the speed you will attempt it at. I think that would be the major problem, you would rush your shot trying to get enough strikes in time.

I kind of rambled on there, but I would love to have a go!!!! :D :D

A Nova thing

It must be a NOVA thing. Over here (in WA) there has been a few challenges held up at Fairlanes City (home of the Brunswick Perth Tenpin Cup).

Its great to hear that it doesn't just happen here, it can only be a good thing for bowling across the country.

Hmmm ... tactics ..

OK ... 4 balls on each pair. If you get a strike - great .. move on to the next one.

If you left it open after the first ... throw one of the extra balls into the lane ... or the gutter to reset the pins to a full rack.

If you averaged 6 balls a minute, not including throw away 'rack fillers' .. thats about 120 odd potential strike balls.

You'd have to be a bit fitter than me though.... still a pretty tough ask ...

Spanner.

its funny how so many people think bowling is soo0o0o0o easy!... im selling raffle tickets for the sq state team at the moment and a few people have sed "Is that a sport!?!" and to their amazment i reply "Wholly sh*t it is"... its funny but its also kinda disappointing that our sport is not recognised as competitive and serious sport.

krystal

my school doesn't recon its a sport and refuse to enter the schools challenge because its a social pass-time and a game that oldies play... but yer i will agree with you on that kriddle that it is amazing how so many people think its so easy

Hmm yes it is a shame today i was told at school i have a test and i said i won't be here i'll be at the nationals and it wasn't taken seriously it is a shame that the sport isn't recognized as competitive in our society :(

Scooter,

Surely if you get a letter typed up and signed by the guardian who is taking you to the nationals (for whoever/whichever centre) it will be accepted by the school. When I was at school I did that, and never had a problem. If you haven't tried it, give it a go. I made a University take the sport seriously, so I am confident you should have no problems.

Cheers.

Hi Chucky,

It was the University of Queensland where I am currently studying. I was able to get exemption from an end of semester exam for the 2003 Nationals. I was allowed to take the exam in the special examinations period when I came back. It was a little bit of a fight to get it but I got there.

Cheers.

I got an exemption from some uni work when i've gone away for nationals or aussie rep stuff. Try and get your coach, manager, or even you state manager to write to the school. I that doesn't work, get them to ring them and talk to them personally.

ive told my deputy princple ill be away for a while from school because of nationals he sed jsut get my parents to write a letter and its cool... im watching big brother right now, and they have this very strange variation of bowling... lol... lol televised games :p

wonderboy.

i go to qut and three times now i have gotten exemptions from exams due to bowling comitments for my state at the states and nationals.

they did not care that it was bowling at all.

Chucky,

Different Universities have different perpectives on how they run their administration and examinations. You should no doubt know that this is also the case between individual schools/faculties within your own Uni - to a large extent they set their own rules.

UQ is known to be extremely tight in the Business school about special examinations/exemptions and at the end of last semester they made it even tougher with their rules. I have had no end of trouble with UQ administration wise, it's just the way they are. I don't know about your case Chucky, but I know other people that go to QUT and from what they tell me they don't have as many problems as I do with their admin section. It was very tough for me to get the exemption when I asked for it, and I have not asked since. I probably wouldn't get it now. UQ BEL faculty has changed it's policies.

The original point of this was to tell scooter that he should be able to get an exemption with a letter. That's all the direction of my post was taking. I hope I helped scooter in some way. Good luck to you Chucky if getting expemtions for bowling at QUT is easier. My experiences are different at my Uni.

Good luck scooter.

Back
Top Bottom