PBA Stars to Appear on Letterman

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Denny’s PBA Tour stars Chris Barnes, Norm Duke and Tommy Jones will make an appearance on the “Late Show with David Letterman,” Monday, July 30.

The three stars will perform trick shots on a portable lane throughout the late night talk show, which airs Monday night at 11:35 p.m.

Barnes is an eight-time Denny’s PBA Tour titlist who won the inaugural 2004-05 PBA Skills Challenge, a trick shot competition which made him famous for his “Flying Eagle” shot.

Duke, who owns 26 Denny’s PBA Tour titles, is also a past Skills Challenge competition winner, capturing the title during the 2005-06 season. Duke is known for striking with a ball thrown from a towel, as well as converting the 7-10 split with one ball ricocheting off a slow spinning ball.

Jones, the 2005-06 PBA Player of the Year who last season reached 10 Denny’s PBA Tour titles faster than any player in history, joined in the Skills Challenge competition the last two years as well. He became known for throwing a ball over a chair to throw a strike.

David Letterman is in his 25th year of late-night television, hosting nearly 5,000 broadcasts and 15,000 guests. He has garnered 14 Emmy Awards and 89 Emmy nominations in that span. After spending almost 12 years at "Late Night with David Letterman," Letterman moved his show to the CBS Television Network on Aug. 30, 1993, and is now in his 14th season on CBS.

Link : http://www.pba.com/news/feature.asp?ID=457

Jase,

Is that showing in Australia on Monday night or in the States on Monday night?

Cheers Paul K.

Jase,
Is that showing in Australia on Monday night or in the States on Monday night?
Cheers Paul K.

Hey Paul...Mate not 100% but i hope its here on Monday Night...:D

Sorry can't be of any more help!

Mike Aulby and Dick Weber used to appear on there a bit in the 90's, think they used to bowl at sauce bottles, watermelons and the like.

I'd say they'd be appearing on Letterman Monday night US time, so we'd get it either Tuesday or Wednesday night - all depends how much of a delay Australia has in getting the episodes.

I think Letterman is a day behind here
ie Monday nights show is telecast Tuesday night(Wednesday Morning)

Thats exactly what i was thinking Monday 11.35pm in the states should be Tuesday 2.35pm here (by here i mean EST) so the earliest we can hope for is Tuesday night. My guess would be Wednesday night.

Look forward to Watching it.

Craigy

Hi guys,

I just had a look at the Fox Guide and Letterman is on channel 115(digital) at 10:30 eastern.......but i still dont no which night......

Cheers

Paul K.

Well last night on Ch 10, the New York Pipe Explosion (18th July) just happened that day or the day b4 .. which puts us around about 2 weeks behind..

Will Have to keep watching!

Ash

I checked the PBA website and it will appearing on TV tonight over there in a few hours so depends when we might get it. Hopefully soon cause sound s like you don't wanna miss it.

I checked the PBA website and it will appearing on TV tonight over there in a few hours so depends when we might get it. Hopefully soon cause sound s like you don't wanna miss it.

I checked Foxtels website online TV Guide and on channel 115 as suggested below there is nothing on the Letterman show about PBA stars, just music acts and tv show personalities??
Is there another channel? These were at 2.pm and 10.30pm tonight?
Am i missing something?

I checked Foxtels website online TV Guide and on channel 115 as suggested below there is nothing on the Letterman show about PBA stars, just music acts and tv show personalities??
Is there another channel? These were at 2.pm and 10.30pm tonight?
Am i missing something?

It will be on US TV over there tonight not hear if you read my post right. So will hopefully be soon on TV over hear.

It's one of those on going segments they do.. the shots are being performed through out the show. If I had my vid capture card on this PC I'd record it.... maybe someone else out there can?

I'm sure it'll be on youtube later this week.

Chris Barnes nailed his shot.... spared a split by bowling into 3 stationary balls, one of which rolls into a ball at the pins.

Norm Duke stuffed his first attempt... and second attempt... slow rolling a ball down the lane then bowling a second ball to hit 2/4 pin pocket allowing the slow ball to spare the remaining pins.

Tommy Jones cracked the lane in practice!!! Put a hole in the middle of the pannel half way down... his shot was going to be lofting over a chair for a strike, till he broke the lane..... so he changed it to bowling under 3 chairs down the lanes for a strike.

Chris finished the show with the flying eagle, modified to be the flying trashcan.. the pin was to fly and be caught in a trashcan... he avoided the "pot-hole" but the pin missed, so they showed the practice shot where he made it.

All in all a good show. A few balls can be trashed after hitting the street surface, and that portable lane can be trashed :D

Back
Top Bottom