AMF/4BC Promotion

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Having been approached last week by Radio Station 4BC with a request for participants for their AMF/4BC promotion at Mt Gravatt this week, we were disappointed to be informed that we were no longer required.
To explain, initially they wanted some help for one of their Teams and could we supply 8 really good bowlers?

After quite a few calls we assembled 8 people, all of whom bowl around the 200 mark, only to get a call from the station 2 days before the event to say the bowlers concerned were no longer wanted as they were obviously too good and not typical 4BC listeners.
(I don’t know how they determined this as to my knowledge they didn’t contact any of the Team).

As the person who put the Team together I want to publicly apologise to the bowlers concerned for wasting their time.
I’m disappointed because the radio station contacted us, we didn’t approach them. We knew nothing about this event at the time.
Some of the 8 had made special arrangements to get to Mt Gravatt on time as it was a fairly early start.

I understand that the promotions dept at 4BC were the ones who canned us and not the drive time DJ who was the team captain.
Maybe a forward thinking promotions dept would have utilised this Team to the advantage of the event, however this was not the case.

Maybe the replacement Team will help boost the Stations ratings, however if this cavalier attitude is an example of station policy it will be a long time before they catch up with the other Brisbane stations.

On reading this..............

I changed my radio station to 4BC (this took some time. I couldn't find the am button) and then proceeded to change from their station to something else.

My protest was then complete.

Thank you for your support Shayne. I promise I will no longer tell people your wife is a better bowler...

Oh Lord... RAFLMAO ... We all know Who Where's the Pants.. In Fact there are some photo's of it floating around. lol

Back
Top Bottom