Are you over forum response novel writing?

(Read this in your best Stephen Fry accent...) Also, through the use of the word "troll", did you perhaps mean, "trawl"? :) If not, then please enlighten us as to which meaning of "troll" to which you refer. I do hope you mean the definition referring to giants who dwell in caves in Scandinavian literature. They sound quite interesting.

Hi Jason
the word TROLL is used by the internet community (this by the way is from Wikipedia)
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families.

Trawling (according to Wikipedia) is a method of fishing that involves pulling a fishing net through the water behind one or more boats. The net that is used for trawling is called a trawl.

Stormy i'm pretty certain Jason's "Troll" post was meant to be witty. He didn't really want to understand the difference between Trawl and Troll. Did you Jason? :)

Although trolling is a form of fishing too ... troll, trawl, I wait with baited breath. :)

Moving house (twice), renovating the second house, starting Uni, running a pro shop, nothing much really...

OH Nitephyre! Good Dad joke! (No, really, I love a good Dad joke! I can make Stephen Cowland near-homocidal with them!) Always brush after the Tuna sandwich AJD, keeps the baited breath at bay...

Back to my assignment, (on online communities, BTW.)

Back
Top Bottom