Are you over forum response novel writing?

Bucksby1976

10 x 12 = 300
Why cannot people just simply respond to questions?
Am totally over having to troll through mountains of drivel just to get to the point!
Am I alone?
Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Am totally over having to troll through mountains of drivel just to get to the point!
Am I alone?

Okay, I'll field this one!

Some of the questions asked do not have simple one or 2 line answers! Usually they have multiple alternative correct answers or the physics behind an answer need to be explained in order to give a properly explained response. Often in order to give an answer that the questioner can then apply to their own game, the responder is required to go through all the steps required to make the answer work for the particular player etc.

Conversely, ..... Oh wait, novel coming up. I'll stop now.

I wasn't going to buy into this one as I really did not know how to correctly put a response in words.

So I see it like this. Forums are for detailed responces, for "knowledge sharing" hence the reason for being called a Forum and are generally accessed by people with a keen interest in the topic whilst sitting at a keyboard.

Twitter is for short answer, designed for sharing ones opinion regardless of wheather the receiving audience wants to hear it or not and tweated from a mobile device.

I noticed the original question is from the later hence the obvious question :)

I wasn't going to buy into this one as I really did not know how to correctly put a response in words.

So I see it like this. Forums are for detailed responces, for "knowledge sharing" hence the reason for being called a Forum and are generally accessed by people with a keen interest in the topic whilst sitting at a keyboard.

Twitter is for short answer, designed for sharing ones opinion regardless of wheather the receiving audience wants to hear it or not and tweated from a mobile device.

I noticed the original question is from the later hence the obvious question :)

This^^^^^^^^^^^

Brenton and John have put it nicely. But maybe folks are doing their bit to improve the appalling loss of vocabulary, syntax, spelling, reading and comprehension skills so patently evident in society today! (Hope that's concise enough...)

Am I alone?

Dear Oh Dear, How we apples swim.
Do you mean “YES” as in an approbation of /or “vin ordinaire” of oneself?
Do you mean “NO” as in Noctambulation?
Both Brenton Davy and John Velo have been more than liberally abundant with help to assuage your concerns. Brenton and John are well respected for their views and should be congratulated for having the ability to say and do what is required to allay the feelings that influence a person’s behavior.
But wait, there is more….
A great number of other alternatives are available for consideration. I will list two thereof.
1…You may continue to stay in a suspended state of consciousness and let your metabolic rate decrease to drowsy/comatose.
2… Join the real world with real people.
But wait, there is still more….
Hopefully as you make an onward movement in space or time, you will learn from an old saying in our family that has been handed down from generation to generation since cocky was an egg.
“Without suffering, there is no learning”.

(Read this in your best Stephen Fry accent...) Also, through the use of the word "troll", did you perhaps mean, "trawl"? :) If not, then please enlighten us as to which meaning of "troll" to which you refer. I do hope you mean the definition referring to giants who dwell in caves in Scandinavian literature. They sound quite interesting.

Brenton and John have put it nicely. But maybe folks are doing their bit to improve the appalling loss of vocabulary, syntax, spelling, reading and comprehension skills so patently evident in society today! (Hope that's concise enough...)

Jason you have spelt AUSTRALIA wrong in your signature. ;)

Back
Top Bottom