Anthony Mundine ?????

Cam S

BEEEEEEEEEAVER
Im really curious of what people think of him, i know he polarises people, some love him and many hate him.

I am a fan of choc's but I do believe at times he speaks rubbish on issues he doesnt know alot about.

People we bag him and condemn him for some of the things he blurts out but they over look his actions.

Hes a successful indegenious australian, who has excelled at the highest level in 2 sports the majority dont even excell at the highest level in 1 sport.

Hes also a great role model to indegenious kids, hes finiacally secure and doesnt drink or do drugs come to think of it hes a great role model to all australian kids black or white.

I would be interested to hear what others think.

To be perfectly honest, I don't like Anthony Mundine at all. While I acknowledge his undeniable talent, I truly dislike his attitiude and arrogance towards his and other fighters ability. When he played rugby league, he made countless ridiculous claims, my favourite was when he accused NSW State Of Origin selectors of being racist and not selecting him due to being Aboriginal. He also claimed to be the best five eighth ever to play the game and believed he was far better than Laurie Daley ever was. He also accused Melbourne Storm of being cheats in the 1999 grand final, and promised to destroy them and get revenge in the 2000 replay, only to be thrashed 70-10! His comments about the September 11th attacks in the USA were absolutely disgraceful and an embarrassement to all Australians. This is why he will never fight in the U.S. I also think it was poor that before his fight with Danny Green, he displayed an Aboriginal flag and Torres Strait Island flag instead of Australia. He clearly does this to antagonise his critics. I believe it showed arrogance and disrespect. I am also rather sick of him walking around raising his finger and saying "I'm number one baby, I told you I'm the best, nobody can beat me, I proved it to you'se all." I got news for Choc, check the current super middleweight rankings, he isn't number one so he should stop saying it, unless he thinks near enough is good enough. He's been saying he is the best for years but until he defeats either Mikkel Kessler or Joe Calzaghe, then he should keep his mouth shut. He even said that anyone could drop Markus Beyer and that he was in the bottom half and a blown up super middle weight. Well how would he know? I'd love to see him try and beat Beyer over in Germany.

His recent Union Jack and John Howard burning antics took the cake in my opinion. I think he has truly gone too far this time. As a huge boxing fan, I've tried to like the guy and respect him, but I simply cannot bring myself to do so.

This is an appropriate thread as Mundine takes on Sam Soliman on Wednesday at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. The winner will be crowned the WBA Super Middleweight champion. I hope Soliman stops Mundine inside the distance and shuts his big mouth once and for all. Their first fight back on 3rd September 2001 was a farce and Mundine won on split decision when Soliman was clearly the better fighter. I feel that things will be very different for Mundine this time around.

Bring it on! \\:D/

Their first fight back on 3rd September 2001 was a farce and Mundine won on split decision when Soliman was clearly the better fighter. I feel that things will be very different for Mundine this time around.
Bring it on! \\:D/
on mainevent on foxtel yesterday they were showing there last fight in 2001 and when Soliman hit Mundine in the chops Mundine points to his face as if to say "is that all you got" if i was Soliman when he was doing that i would of went for him big time :p i really hate it when Mundine does that it makes me want to jump in the TV and punch him in the face :p :cool:

I HATE Him :twisted:
Can't wait for the day that somone smashes his head in and just for the record no I'm no a racist

W A N K E R.....
Think that says it all..;)
Hear hear!

Although I was entertained at his first fight, anyone else see it? Came prancing down the race, climbed up on the platform, jumped not-quite-over the ropes and face planted. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He calls himself "The Man" because he is "The man". It ain't bragging if you can back it up and so far, whether people like it or not, has backed up every word he's said since he became a boxer. Like him or hate him, he is Australian and Australias best boxer

He calls himself "The Man" because he is "The man". It ain't bragging if you can back it up and so far, whether people like it or not, has backed up every word he's said since he became a boxer. Like him or hate him, he is Australian and Australias best boxer

BIG CALL... You can't compare him to Australia's boxing greats... Lionel Rose, Johnny Famechon, Dave Sans, Les Dunn, Tony Mundine (dad) and Tony Madigan... who some believe beat the great Ali (Clay) at the Olympics...

He may be a great in his chosen field, but, you just have to listen to what he says to know he's not a role model or the sharpest tool...

on mainevent on foxtel yesterday they were showing there last fight in 2001 and when Soliman hit Mundine in the chops Mundine points to his face as if to say "is that all you got" if i was Soliman when he was doing that i would of went for him big time :p i really hate it when Mundine does that it makes me want to jump in the TV and punch him in the face :p :cool:

thats why he does it to agrovate his opponent into something out of character so they throw stupid hay maker punches

he is a very good boxer ( score points - dont get hit ) very fast
but so is his mouth
i recently went to wooloongong to visit my family and while at the pub i said something to my cousin about mundine to which he said " shut your f$%#@ing mouth in hear about that not even i can help you if someone hears , everybody hates him "

but if he is paying any more than $2 i will be betting on him

daniel d

He hasn't proven a damn thing yet. All he's trying to do is emulate the great Mohamed Ali. The difference being when Ali said he was the greatest, he was speaking the truth.

Mundine was a good footballer, but not great. All to often he cost his team one way or another.

He also accused Melbourne Storm of being cheats in the 1999 grand final

LOL yet he doesn't mention the try he blew in that Grand Final because he was show boating. The right team won that Grand Final. It's ridiculous to say things like "I'm better than all the immortals" and "the selectors are racists." Mundine forgets that Mal Meninga was the Kangaroos captain at one point. This hardly makes the selectors racists. If he was good enough, he would have played for the Knagaroos. The worst thing I have ever seen was Mundine in a Broncos jersey. God, I almost threw up.

Show him the respect he deserves - isn't he an "ELITE" sportsman? :rolleyes:

He is a racist trouble maker. Most would regard his burning of the Australian flag as treason. His time will come - the sooner the better.

Searching youtube found this quite enjoyable.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okrW8uuLzGQ"]YouTube - Mundine[/ame]

Anthony Mundine was very impressive in beating Sam Soliman last night with a 9th Round K.O to become the first fighter to stop Soliman inside the distance. The writing was on the wall for Soliman as early as the second round, when Mundine sent him to the canvas with a fierce right-hand punch. Soliman showed he had a lion heart by battling on bravely to reach the 9th Round, only to be finished off after Mundine landed a fast left-right, left-right combination to knock him out. There was no doubting Soliman's fitness and courage though.

Mundine was just too good, but you have to wonder what he is going to do next? Sooner or later, he is going to have to be taken out of his comfort zone and face a world class opponent abroad, possibly is Europe or the U.S. He offered Mikkel Kessler 80% of the purse to fight him, but Kessler declined and instead fought Markus Beyer and beat him to take the unified WBA/WBC title. I guess Kessler considers Mundine to be old news after he already beat him in June 2005 at Sydney Entertainment Centre, and seems to only be interested in fighting undefeated Joe Calzaghe who currently holds the WBO Super Middleweight title and is undefeated (42-0). Mundine now holds the WBA title which Kessler vacated by default after he unified the WBA/WBC title. It seems obvious that it's not about money for Kessler (otherwise he would've taken Mundine's 80%), rather going after an undefeated champion who he has never fought and which holds a belt which he wants and is yet to challenge for. If he beat Calzaghe, Kessler can be regarded as the undisputed Super Middleweight Champion of the world. Let's face it, this is what its really all about. This is what Mundine dreams of too, but outside Australia, he won't be taken seriously any time soon.

After the bout, Mundine hinted at stepping down to Middleweight to see what the future holds. It could be just the ticket, however he would have to wait in a long line to get a crack at current WBC/WBO Champion Jermain Taylor, who would almost certainly destroy Mundine in a short time.

It will be interesting to see what Mundine does from here. In any case, I still hate the arrogant son of a bitch! :x

For all the people out there who hate mundine's arrogance,(is it arrogance or confidence?) let me remind you that we are talking about a sport where the object of the game is to hit a opponent more times than getting hit yourself (or until you knock him out).

If he did not believe he was the best why would he do the sport at all. You would have to be pretty stupid or be getting alot of money to get into a ring and fight with someone who you don't believe you can beat.

Anthony Mundine has totally single handed revived a sport that was totally dead in this country. Can anyone name another fighter that can fill pubs and clubs to watch his fights they way Mr Mundine can? To be able to charge $50 for pay per view in homes is incredible.(even with all the sh*t fights on the undercard).
Maybe the TBA should try and get into contact with him and after his boxing career he could take up bowling, surely the publicity would be good.

Love him or hate him [U]MUNDINE IS A CHAMPION.[/U]

Back
Top Bottom