Jason Doust - Total professional!

Hey guys,

I just wish to do something which seems to be rarely done on this forum, and that is to give a big wrap and show my respect for a bowler, namely Jason Doust.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jason and watching him compete in the AMF Blacktown Skyline Classic at the weekend, and although he didn't win, I must say that he was the most likeable, approachable, and totally professional bowler I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Despite the fact I am a bowler of minimal experience and he had never met me before, he was only too happy to chat to me and answer any questions I had in a friendly manner in between his games. For those of you who know Jason personally, you will know exactly what I mean. He is a credit to the sport of Tenpin Bowling, and an asset to any tournament in which he chooses to enter. If only there were more bowlers like this individual, the sport would be raised to new levels or excellence. If I was a tournament director/organiser, he would be the first competitor I'd want in the lineup. He conducts himself in a professional and courteous manner, and he is a pleasure to watch compete and is a source of great motivation for me to work on my own game. If you are a young aspiring bowler who is looking for a role model, look no further than Jason Doust. His posts on this forum are also very informative and well thought out. I always like reading his views and have learned a great deal from them. I believe he offers a great deal to this site and is one of the most valuable contributors. =D>

Hats off to you Mr Doust and I sincerely hope I haven't embarrassed you!:oops: All the best in the next tournament you enter! :wink:

Yours in Bowling,

Rob 0X

Hats off to Jason.

Every word is true.

Jason might not remember but as a young kid, there used to be a junior Blacktown tounament... im talking back in the early 90's here.

I remember the Friday night before they had a Pro-am event where some of the top NSW adults mixed it with the juniors.

At the end of it down on 23 & 24 i remember having a chat with Mr Doust about bowling and he was fantastic, answered everything and spent some time with me showing me a few tricks.

I know Russell had a great day bowling with you on Saturday as well mate

Hats off to you to again!!!

I second those comments.

I knew Jason (albeit not well) back in the late 80's when I bowled at Parramatta while I was still at school. The Skyline was my first competitive tournament, and after seeing Jason's posts in here, I got in touch with him. Saturday was the first time I have seen him in about 18 years. Although he recognised my name, there was no way he would have recognised me now from the teenager I was back then.

I only got the chance to chat with him for a few minutes, as he was in squad A and I was in squad B, and unfortunately I didn't qualify for the second day, but after watching me for a short while he still went out of his way to offer me a few pointers as to how I could improve my game, and it was done in a most professional manner.

I hope as I gain experience in competitive bowling that I have the chance to bowl alongside him in tournaments in the future. I know he is someone I could learn a heck of a lot from in a short space of time.

Hope to catch you soon Jason, and thanks again!!

yep totally agree with all of the above. I have never met Jason until i did my qualifying on Saturday & completed enjoy the days bowling & the finals. Jason your a top bloke mate & a real asset to the sport of bowling.

and Jas *F#%K your a good spare shooter* hehehe

Cheers
Russ

All so true, definitely my favourite high average bowler to stand around and talk to.

He bowls in a triples league on tuesday with Michael Cunningham and Rosie Willis, not many bowlers of his level choose to bowl all the time with our youth bowlers. I must say I've seen Cunningham's game improve a lot too, he shot a great 300 with Jason a few weeks back.

totally agree jason helped me out at brunswick adult showed me a few tricks. and was a great all round guy pleasure to talk to..

throws the ball pretty dam well i must say

Jason's professionalism may have started at an early age, back in the early 80's. I knew this guy who loved his bowling and his Mum. I especially remember his passion to be kept up-to-date on all the latest equipment. His knowledge of the game was and is exemplary.

He still remembers me and some other friends that bowled with us in the Leichhardt days. He was never short of a chat, and he always had the time to help with anyone's game, including my own.

Good on you, Jason.

Cheers
Michael

I have to agree with everything that has been said, i had the privliege of bowling against him at my 2nd attempt at the canberra open last year, Here i was thinking no one would say anything to me and just bowl, he came up and spoke to me at about the 4th game and spoke how he was bowling and commented that i was doing ok and that he had watched me bowl in the skins the night before.

Wish there were more bowlers out there who would give you the time of day, Hats off to you Jason, and Russle yes i agree he can spare some amazing shots

Jason Doust - Totally Humbled! :grin:

Wow... What generous words! Thank you all so much. I think it was Benjamin Franklin who once said he could live for a week on the strength of one compliment. I feel I could live for a lifetime on the kind words of this thread.

When I was a junior, a few helpful and kind words here and there were enough to boost the strength I didn't yet possess. They cost the speakers nothing. In fact their kindness made them greater and I try to repay their good deeds as best I can.

If ever I utter my familiar refrain of "Why do I bother?" Remind me of this thread's existence.

My humble thanks again.
Jason

well i am only new to this site and have actually been introduced to it through a good friend of mine Peter Miller. I had the privelege of going to watch the Australia Cup expressly to watch Peter bowl with friends as i tend to with many big competitions he goes in these days but i found myself not only enjoying watching Peter bowl but a lot of other great bowlers from around Australia bowl.
Which brings me to Jason Doust both in canberra and again in Blacktown last weekend and he was quick to have a chat and make you feel like you were not an outsider, a real gentleman in every sence.
We did not even talk about Bowling entirely either, he just goes out of he's way to make you feel good and there are not to many guys in the middle of Qualifying that will all of a sudden share a joke and have a chat like Jason does.
I must say that he has inspired me to have a go in the open tournaments and to improve my game at the highest level so although he may not remember me i would just like to thank Jason for giving me the reason to have a go at this level to push myself to be all i can be just by having a chat and a laugh.
Oh and also to Peter Miller another reason along with all our friends that i am going to push myself to be the best i can be in this sport.
Michael Mclaren.
Tickets for short lol.

Jason is just a true gentleman, he is willing to give hes time help you out or just a general chat. And a professional on the lanes.

See you in Orange.

Back
Top Bottom