Carl Bottomley - Mr. Consistency

granto

I would like to say to Carl - well done! I remember many years ago I was told to watch for this guy when bowling. I was actually told by my godfather, Jeff Chandler (owner of Koolfoam and major sponsor at the time). Since then I have seen Carl bowl in many tournaments over the years and even bowled against him once or twice myself. Carl is in my opinion the greatest bowler this country has seen over the last 15 to 20 years. Carl has been making finals and winning tournaments since I can remember and not only that he is a fantastic ambassador for the sport. My two young boys bowl these days and at a young age they said to me a couple of years ago "dad, who would be the best" and I did not hesitate in saying Carl. Since then they watch videos of Carl, we check live scoring when he bowls and it amazes them to see his name always near the top of the page (if not on top).

Carl congratulations, keep it going and thank you for being a role model for my two boys. I would love to see my boys have half the success you have had over the years.

Grant.

Well said Granto,couldn't agree more with your comments.I have competed against Carl for many years and he is a great player with a fantastic record over the years.I would class him as one of Australias best.
Cheers Lovey

I would class Carl as one of the greatest ever bowlers Australia has ever produced and is still competing at that level today, it's a pleasure to bowl aganist him.

Back
Top Bottom