An open question to the moderators of this site

philby

To whom ever sees it there right to delete posts or threads with out explanation. This has happened to me on a number of occasions and while im fine if what i have posted has been deemed to be offensive i cant see why some things i have posted have been taken off. Also without the decency of an explanation.
The last post deleted was quite funny. Well at least i thought so. Let our beloved bowling community be the judge. George posted on the Vic forum that he would not be attending the Warrnambool cup. For those of you who remember last year there was a bit of tit for tat about George and Tonx and a side bet. I thought it was quite funny. My reply to George was "is Tonx bowling".
That was it no more no less and it was deleted. My question
WHY
Phil

For those of you who remember last year there was a bit of tit for tat about George and Tonx and a side bet. I thought it was quite funny. My reply to George was "is Tonx bowling".
That was it no more no less and it was deleted. My question
WHY
Phil

Because you know about George and Tonx, yet you still stir the pot, why because you think it's funny, well it's not. Thats why it was deleted.

We value people views and opinions, but just starting trouble is not funny and we take it very seriously.

So phil in finish if in future you have any problems please feel free to send a private message to the site owner Jase and I am sure he can clear things up for you, Or the other option is, don't like it than don't use the site, pretty simple.

surely all in the name of fun though??

we all had a bit of fun when Belmo's shoes were found in George's bag.....

my point: a lot worse has been allowed to stay. I'd rather see the funny side to it.

Because you know about George and Tonx, yet you still stir the pot, why because you think it's funny, well it's not. Thats why it was deleted.
We value people views and opinions, but just starting trouble is not funny and we take it very seriously.
So phil in finish if in future you have any problems please feel free to send a private message to the site owner Jase and I am sure he can clear things up for you, Or the other option is, don't like it than don't use the site, pretty simple.

Ok so i know about George and Tonx. Apart from the fact that a challenge was issued i don't know anything else. If you do, please enlighten us all so in future we don't offend our peers. (who apparently do not have a sense of humor)

I was asked by Tonx to pull your post, he didn't see it fit to bring up the past, when you are posting certain things about certain people, if they don't want it to start world war three or the other person think that they have put that person up to posting things to stir the pot well they ask for it to be removed, which is what Tonx did, which is why I removed the post, hope that helps you.

without trying to start an argument
i have in the past had posts deleted
stating they were off topic and should be posted in the lounge
i accept that the lounge is for off topic things
but what i have posted was a reply to a message in a certain board
if i had of started a new topic with my reply it would
have looked a lot more sillier than its original position
its not like people try to hijack threads by replying like i had

daniel d

Kellie had every right to remove the thread she did, and move the other ones in the past…Moderators of this site or any others that I am involved with are there to do a job, and do it at their discretion…

Of course the authors of removed threads are going to have a complaint…They posted them to be read and if they are pulled they haven’t served their purpose have they…

Posts that have been pulled of late have been because if left there THREADS would have had to be removed…End of story…

Everyone has a difference of an opinion and this is just another one of those cases…Some posts get removed as they are just plain stupid others because someone is stirring trouble…The moderators of this site do a great job of keeping it to a dull roar and have my full support…

Although Steve could have answered this question a little better, he has put up his hand to help run the site and he is learning the ropes and has had that explained to him since…

Thanks for your time…

Just one question. Is it too hard for the moderaters to send you a private messages or something when they move your post? I posted a new thread a little while ago in one place and couldnt find it the very next day. It just would have been nice to know where it had gone.

Yeah good Question, but wouldn’t it be easier for you to send a PM to one of the moderators and ask them rather than the moderator go searching for all the authors in that thread to tell them…Might not seem like it to you but everything takes time and they all have full time jobs to do and looking after this site and most of the time cuts into their day jobs…

If you cannot find something then ask a moderator if it has been moved…

Seem to remember trying that lately but had no reply??

In your post, that I removed, you were hanging it on a bowler that I had put into both squads by accident, did you bring it to my attention? No you decided to have a joke around and tell this person they would need to bowl both A and B squad just to get the games up, maybe that might be the case I mean god we all can't be as good as you. I pulled the post cause it was off topic and you knew it was, so why ask a stupid question.. We are sorry we all work full time and don't sit on the site all day like some, hope that helps.

Calm down Kellie. Yes I was hanging it on a bowler who I have known for about 15 years and is a very good friend of mine. He knows I am only joking. He would hang it on me if he had a chance too. I raised the question with Jase as to why my post got deleted because if I did something wrong I want to know what it was so I don't do it again. I am just trying to do the right thing. My point was that my question didn't get answered so I didn't know what to avoid doing again. Now you have pointed out that it was "off topic" so now I know, thank you. There is no need to say stuff like "we can't all be as good as you".:eek: I was not saying that I am better than him I was just having a joke with a very good mate.

Calm down, Kellie is calm, you don't want to see her mad and fired up;)

How true is that...:D:D:D:D:D

This is what I do for a full time position

www.pearsonautomotive.com.au

So I don’t always get time to Answer Everyone’s queries straight away…If I don’t reply then send Kellie, Chowny, Hammer, Pilko, Androoo, and da_cowman a PM also as they too are moderators of this site…

Over the past few months we have noticed that the responses on the forum under some threads have been getting overly hostile.

We at TotalBowling.com.au are here to have fun and enjoy ourselves and do not need members arguing and disagreeing between themselves.

We do not like removing threads on our forum but when they start to get to a point where members are being provoked into arguments then I feel we must take action.

Please remember to keep topics on track, by this I mean, In a Squad Listing section we do not need to know why you AREN"T coming or that you have something better to do, In a for sale thread we do not need to know that you will NOT be buying it or that you think it is crap or anything like that,

There are a few other examples but I think from the above 2 you get the point of what I mean.

This is not directed at any one individual it is to the entire forum in an effort to bring this situation back into check.

If this behaviour continues on our forum I will step in and you will be moderated and or suspended. If you then continue with this behaviour you will be banned from TotalBowling.

Nor I or the moderators would like to see this happen but we will do everything in our power to keep TotalBowling the fun and enjoyable place we all know it is!

Please remember we are here to have fun and get along.

If anyone has any issues with anything mentioned or has any problems please feel free to send me an email or give me a call.

[email protected]

07 3369 6288

Back
Top Bottom