AMF or Brunswick Pins

Which are better quality ?

• AMF

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Brunswick

Votes: 29 58.0%

• Total voters
na seriously is there a diffence besides the brand sticker or not just wondering someone plz explain it to me

who cares, a pin is a pin, they all end up in the back of the deck sometime.

amflites for wood, i dont think you can get a better pin (but they dont last as long), twisters to last through pretty much anything you can throw at them (but sound like you are bowling down rosin bags :eek:). Despite what people are saying there is a difference between pins (mainly between manufacturers), both in carry, durability and quality. Doesnt mean squat if the house you bowl in is well past their lifespan though.

The 9-pin wonderboy said:
Yes.. In my experiences - the AMFLite II's got split bellies/cracked bases more often than Brunswick, and the Brunswick ones got cracked necks/cracked bases more often than AMF. So that doesn't really prove much. And I've seen more than 3 sets of each. Brunswick did not prove to be any better than AMF, each brand just got a more common type of problem than the other.

argggh all this talk about pins and amflite reminds of the two weeks work experience i did boh at a bowling center and the ****ty jobs they made me do, washing pins and cleaning house balls with solvent.

This is a silly pole, most people in Australia hav'nt even Bowled at Brunswick pins, 90% of all pins in Bowling Centre's would be AMF Amflite 2's, which is the best pin in the World.

willey.

I like any set of pins I can carry pretty well on regardless of what company makes them.

I quite like the look of the old style Brunswick's with crowns on the neck.
Only bowled on them once in Townsville from memory, they sounded like Lego when they got hit.

i like new pins cause they sound cool. we got new pins at orange not long ago and you notice the differnce between new and old. but i dont think it friken matters about brand. people saying that you get a better hit with amf or whatever, pffft whatever. the pins make no differnce on how the ball hits. i rekon old and new one carry differnt but meh. who really bloody cares?

I know this is 15 years old but Qubicaamf make Brunswick's pins, and have for a while. Before that Vulcan corp did for a while and their max pin permit no. 370 was made by Winsome. The only 4 pin manufacturers are Qubicaamf, Winsome, SE and Twister. I'm not sure whats happened with Ebonite's UStrike which was Diamond Duramid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom