AMF Australian Masters Video

Very interesting to watch, here you have in the Womens Final, two highly experienced and Acurate Bowlers and they couldn't hit the same place twice. It seemed like the Break-point was too far down the Lane, so the Women were pointing the Ball at the Headpin and going through too much oil in the transition area.

The Men had, according to Mackie's coverage, had no outside area( which to me is indicative of some Synthetic Lanes because of the scollop effect from screwing down the Lanes), and because of the late breaking area the only bowler who could handle it was the eventual Winner because of his pronounced flip on the Backend.

So in my opinion too much oil in the transition area, for some Bowlers the Ball would have looked like it was floating, all this to accomodate the Big Hands, I always believed less oil will give you better scoring and you do not even need to wall up.

willey

Thanks to everyone who was involved for making this available for viewing. it was 'interesting' viewing to say the least.

with regards to the womens final just to let everyone know that lanes 15 and 16, where there final was played was a pair which was a little up and down in scoring all week...it could be good sometimes and very hard to score on at other times, so i beleive it was more the pair and what sometimes happened to it during transition, rather than the overall pattern laid.

cheers
Trotts

Back
Top Bottom