Australian Masters / AMF Masters

jimcross

So I'm nitpicking - or am I? When did The Australian Masters ( first contested in 1963 ) become the AMF Masters?

By what process / contractural arrangement did this occur?

We ( the TBA ) presumably have all the names of the various events run under our auspices, e.g Walter Rachuig Trophy, etc., registered, as do all Sporting Bodies, Corporations and the like?

Sporting Bodies do, of course, often sell "naming rights" to sponsors, naturally for a given and limited period of time. Presumably that's what we've done?

Yes. I think you might be nitpicking .... The Logo and promotional material entry form all stated "2010 AMF Australian Masters " So "Australian" Was still in the Name. Is that what you were asking? ... Secondly while I have no idea what arrangements where made, I would want the naming rights if I put up the funds that AMF have this year... Finally, AMF have been giving till the end of November to commit to the same level of support for the Nationals next year. If that happens they will will then be naming the venue else this will go out to tender... ( This was announced at the Rachuig Dinner ).

Yes. I think you might be nitpicking .... The Logo and promotional material entry form all stated "2010 AMF Australian Masters " So "Australian" Was still in the Name. Is that what you were asking?

No Morty,
that's not what I was asking, any more than I would ask it about the Emirates Melbourne Cup. THAT is a sponsored name change. It doesn't have to have " Melbourne" removed to be a name change. In any case, it was, and still is referred to on the TBA Site homepage, and other places, as the AMF Masters. Not my fault, I just read what was in front of me.

The rest of what you said about announcements at the dinner was helpful. It sounds like there may be some planned process which is being negotiated.
If so, that's good, but without TBA making some statement along those lines, if we weren't at the dinner, we really can't know, can we?

An official statement / news release would be nice.

Jim Sorry Do not quite understand your further comment. You asked when the Australian Masters become the "the AMF Masters" I corrected you as to the Fact that it is still the Australian Masters it is just now the AMF Australian Masters. Is that not a Sponsored Name Change?

I will try and lay my hands on it as well but there was an Announcement at last years Opening at Rachuig about the sponsorship.. Also at the Dinner and I believe that there was both a thread opened on total bowling last year and I am sure it was front page on the TBA Web Site at that time.....

And Yes I still think you are are nitpicking... :)

Cheers

Morty

Back
Top Bottom