A Christmas present from the TBA

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Wouldn't it be a nice Holiday surprise if our Tenpin Bowling Australia CEO, Chairperson, or board members would end their unwritten policy/boycott and actually post on Totalbowling.

I for one would consider it a step forward, and the beginning of a strong relationship between members and NSO.

I don't think it's specific content wayne is suggesting, geoff.

Having TBA board members, etc, post on this website would increase the level of communication between us & them (& the quality as well). Theoretically speaking, an increase in PR may just help the sport get to where we want it.

More chance of it snowing on Ayers Rock.

There idea is, if you want to communicate with them they have a web site of there own we can do it on.

There idea is, if you want to communicate with them they have a web site of there own we can do it on.

And despite what other sites exist and how good they are (or aren't as the case may be) the TBA shouldn't be dictated to by anyone, much less someone who has a personal gripe against them.

I have no issues with them having their own site as a sporting body and taking feedback etc through it instead of some other site, in this case total bowling.

You have a method of communicating - use it. If you don't want to then that is your choice.

I don't think it's specific content wayne is suggesting, geoff.

Having TBA board members, etc, post on this website would increase the level of communication between us & them (& the quality as well). Theoretically speaking, an increase in PR may just help the sport get to where we want it.

It may surprise some of you to know that I am on the board
of the NSW TBA

I like the site and think it can and should provide a place to help the game

It may surprise some of you to know that I am on the board
of the NSW TBA

I like the site and think it can and should provide a place to help the game

I think we'll find most state boards are active here in some fashion.

Maybe Wayne has a point! Would be nice to be able to USE the official channel!

I tried to send a question through the official channel the other day. I figure the phones wont be on as yet (due to christmas and all), so I tried via the email provided on the contact us page(http://tenpin.org.au/index.php?id=17): [email protected]

The response:
Warning: could not send message for past 8 hours

** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **
** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **

The original message was received at Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:30:15 +1100
from xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.xxxx.com.au [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

This message was generated by mailxx.xxxx.com.au

----- Transcript of session follows -----
451 4.3.5 Error getting LDAP results in map ldapmra: Unknown error 325
... while talking to mailguard.hotspace.com.au.:
>>> >>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
<<< 452 4.2.2 Message would exceed quota for <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>... Deferred: 452 4.2.2 Message would exceed quota for <[email protected]>
>>> >>> DATA
<<< 503 5.5.1 No valid recipients specified
... while talking to mailserver.hotspace.com.au.:
>>> >>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
<<< 452 4.2.2 Message would exceed quota for <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>... Deferred: 452 4.2.2 Message would exceed quota for <[email protected]>
>>> >>> DATA
<<< 503 5.5.1 No valid recipients specified
Warning: message still undelivered after 8 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old
Probably all the christmas spam clogging up the tubes out TBA way :D

I wonder if it has got through yet?? I suppose as the five days of retrying is up tomorrow, I will find out then! ;)

Maybe they need a sys admin to help out! Depending on remuneration, I might be available ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom