TBA Director Resignation

Peter Coburn

Sponsor
There has been a number of posts on this website regarding my position and future with TBA. I'd like to thank Jase for removing these so that I can make the following official announcement (apologies to Steve Jones and Andrew Shinnie).

It is with much regret that I must inform all tenpin bowling stakeholders that I have tendered my resignation from the TBA Board efective as of the 2006 Annual General Meeting on the 13th May 2006.

This decision has not come lightly as I have endeavoured to give it my all as a director, chairperson and to the sport that I will forever feel very passionate about. However, due to increased and excessive (paid) work commitments I can not give this position the due time and commitment that it deserves.

Through this position I have committed 40-50 voluntary hours per week to the sport over the past 5 years. This has been at a personal expense of approximately $150,000 per annum in lost wages, cash and services to myself and my family. I have traditionally been away from home for up to 5 months of the year over this time. I have seen the need to re-arrange my priorities, instead of putting bowling first, as it is now time for me to start working towards building on a nest egg for my retirement.

We have received four very good nominations for Board directorships this year to be voted on at the upcoming AGM. I feel that whoever gains a
position on the Board this year will be a very valuable asset to the company.

I would like to thank the TBA Board, Alex Popov, TBA State Managers, proprietors and all stakeholders for their support over my past 3 years as Chairperson and the 2 years before that as the Victoria TBA State Manager. The future looks bright for TBA with new governance and operational policies in place and with a positive move forward to a full membership model in 2007.

I will continue to bowl and help the TBA Board, TBA CEO, the TBA office and all stakeholders in anyway possible, subject to my availability. I will also continue looking after the TBA website and be involved in the co-ordination of the national championships. I certainly look forward to catching up with my extended bowling family at these events well into the future.

Peter Coburn
TBA Chairperson
CTBF Vice-President

PS I have tried to personally inform key stakeholders either in person or via email of this decision. Please accept my apologies if I missed some.

Peter,

Thank you for all you have done. Good luck with the 'retirement'.

Thanks for always being approachable on all matters.

Sincerely

Peter Martin.

Bowling in Australia will not be the same without you old man :p, Good luck to you and ingrid with all your future endeavors, cya next week at nationals.

Michael Craig

Peter... Thankyou for all your hard work over the years.

Best wishes for the future

Andrew Phillips

Thank you for the apology Peter - which is indeed appropriate - perhaps not from you, but certainly from someone. A few might care to think long and hard about dictating censorship before they elect to do so again for what, frankly, is a relatively minor issue [despite your own personal view and feelings, that would be only natural given the circumstances].

If this medium is to be relevant and not compromised at all it needs to be open - moderate for good taste and accuracy - certainly - but close out open discussion or ban Forum topics on what is [as it has proven to be] a reality, simply at the whim of an individual [no matter how just the intent may appear] is, I would suggest, a long stride backward. I doubt Total Bowling's integrity is for sale - but if it is, could someone please let me know the price?

Have fun in the after life Peter - recently I have found it rewarding being at arms length.....it's surprising the clarity of the view.

Steve Jones

Thanks Peter for all your help and support over the years. You will be missed.
Good luck for the future.

Regards
Brett George

Many thanks to you peter for all your hard work and dedication to our sport over the past few years. I am sure you will dearly missed. It is great to see that you will still be attending the nationals each year and i will look forward to seeing you at those.

Have fun in your "retirement" and best wishes for the future.

Matt Watson

Peter Coburn said:
We have received four very good nominations for Board directorships this year to be voted on at the upcoming AGM. I feel that whoever gains a
position on the Board this year will be a very valuable asset to the company.
Thank you Peter. When will TBA announce the names of the nominees?

Thanks Peter for the fantastic job you have done while you have been at the Helm. Good luck in whatever you decide to do in the future.

Andrew S. said:
Thank you Peter. When will TBA announce the names of the nominees?

Well we all know 1 nommination would be Peter Martin, he nominates for everything:p :p

Power Penguin said:
Thanks for all your hard work Peter.
Have fun in retirement.

After speaking to peter today its hardly retirement he is contimplateing.

I think it goes without saying that Peter will leave the helm of the TBA in a far better shape than when he took it over. I hope that the current/future TBA committee of management continue Peters hard work and dedication and take bowling in this country where Peter invisiged it to be. One of the leading sports orginisations in the country. With your work Peter it is well on its way. I thank you for your hard work and dedication to Bowling and hope your future life brings you much pleasure and enjoyment because you certainly deserve it.

Phil

Peter,

All the best for your future travels, you have done a wonderful job at the TBA, you will be missed.

Take care, see you at the Nationals in Tassie.

Danny "Speedbump" Simpson.
QS De Veer Mens Captain '06.

Hey Peter
Thanks a bunch for all the hard work you have put into bowling over the years. Best of luck to you in the future.
Cya at Nats in the next few days!
Jen
P.S. Oooh look 1000th post! :p

Ps: On a lighter note Peter bowled ( dont quote me ) his first AO in 5 year's and made the cut + 29............. well done.

Gary..........................................................:cool:

Hi Peter ,
Thankyou for everything you have done for bowling and your commitment and dedication we wish you all the best for the future and hope to see you round .
Good luck with your retirement and thanks again

thanks peter for everything you have done for tenpin bowling in australia best of luck with your retirement see you at nationals

Tash said:
Hi Peter ,
Thankyou for everything you have done for bowling and your commitment and dedication we wish you all the best for the future and hope to see you round .
Good luck with your retirement and thanks again

I read the post wrong , I ment to say good luck setting your retirement nest egg up peter! lol , look forwadr to still seeing you round the traps.

So once again good luck with your future endevours

Back
Top Bottom