8pins start for women, did it work?

We are all entitled to our opinions i guess Paul. Either way i dont mind what happens, if i dont get eight pins, i am not going to stop bowling tournaments just because of that.

Oh wow I didnt know you were grammer police as well Paul!

I dont see how you and Carlos are on my side because every time this issue gets brought up you guys argue with everybody. I am just standing up for the woman who dont want to bowl up against the men because they know they ain't good enough, the eight pins is just an encouragement for them.

Well said Bluey. I'd like to see you back up your word beck_girl and not take the 8 pins. Or will you be like the others and say you dont need the 8pins but will gladly take them while they are there.

So you'll ask them to remove your 8 pins at the next event, you do have the right to do so?
The grammar police would have pointed out the lack of capitals in the word America and Asia, as I said it's about respect for others.
We're on your side because we actually don't think less of you or your ability for being a girl and aren't afraid to say so.

My son who ave 160 and is 14yrs old bowled the VSS scratch last year, while the Vic and Aus reps got handicap, yeah the system puts the encouragement in the right place.

Here we go....Becka_girl to the rescue. Looking out for those poor defenceless low ave female bowlers. My question is who is sticking up for the men that have bowl against the great women that are getting an unfair 8 pin advantage...lets not worry about them, what do they matter.....they only make up most of the support for the tournaments. I don't mind losing to the best male/female bowlers but something has to be said when you give females that have represented their country at the highest level and unfair advantage just because of their gender. P.s I am NOT on your side.

My last post on this thread

How do you determine a low average male bowler or even female for that matter. At their home centre they could average 200+ due to an easy house shot but then come to a tournament and be lucky to average 170....

Another positive thread that gets hijacked.
The 8 pins was bought in for the good of bowling as a whole. Unfortunity the numbers for females at tournaments are dropping. Having the females bowl in these events is helping with exposing these bowlers to the pressure of bowling against the best.
Heaven help us if a female wins as this place will go into meltdown.

LMAO. Agree 100%.

Didnt bowl then how can you comment. I finished right in the middle of the field and think that the 8 pins helps some women climb the ladder and the final results are evident of this. Well done Bee BTW. Mick is right about the 40 20 0 for matchplay needing reductions when 8 pins are added as it does skew totals. I think it is a good idea personally but i cannot see it surviving beyond the year.

As I posted earlier Mothership, I do not shoe up in protest to the 8 pin advantage or maybe you just didn't bother to read all the post. It affects me personally because it is another bandaid idea for a much greater problem. Also, whilst you call it "having a whinge" I call it standing up for something I believe in, so you my friend, right at this point, would be well advised to listen to people who know me well and "choose your words very carefully".

Hmmmmm last I checked some of the people having a whinge here aren't bowling these events. Tell me how this is affecting you personally when you don't shoe up!
Sam as you would be aware my name was down for this event however I crushed my ring finger at work and have been bowling league for the last 2 weeks using only one finger. Shooting just shy of 600 may be ok on the house pattern at Dandy but I hardly think I would get through 12 games and be competitive using only my middle finger. The weekend cost me $350 without even leaving the house. Trott's booked my flights and acc which I paid him for and Mary received my deposit of $50. And yes seeing bowling going down the toilet does personally affect me, George put the question out there for all to talk about. What are your thoughts or are you just another of the sheep taking cheap shots at those that have an opinion?

Here we go....Becka_girl to the rescue. Looking out for those poor defenceless low ave female bowlers. My question is who is sticking up for the men that have bowl against the great women that are getting an unfair 8 pin advantage...lets not worry about them, what do they matter.....they only make up most of the support for the tournaments. I don't mind losing to the best male/female bowlers but something has to be said when you give females that have represented their country at the highest level and unfair advantage just because of their gender. P.s I am NOT on your side.
My apologies, I shouldn't have spoken for you on that. Cheers.

Sam as you would be aware my name was down for this event however I crushed my ring finger at work and have been bowling league for the last 2 weeks using only one finger. Shooting just shy of 600 may be ok on the house pattern at Dandy but I hardly think I would get through 12 games and be competitive using only my middle finger. The weekend cost me $350 without even leaving the house. Trott's booked my flights and acc which I paid him for and Mary received my deposit of $50. And yes seeing bowling going down the toilet does personally affect me, George put the question out there for all to talk about. What are your thoughts or are you just another of the sheep taking cheap shots at those that have an opinion?

Sorry I was not aware that had happened. If you want your opinion heard don't post it here, talk to TBA about it!

Sorry I was not aware that had happened. If you want your opinion heard don't post it here, talk to TBA about it!
If I thought they'd listen then I probably would, TBA have their own agenda and some "whinging lefty" won't make any difference. I am only one, albeit outspoken but for the most part I stand alone.
BTW, I have no malice in what I say and condemn no one for sharing their thoughts.
I do however "take the piss" whenever I can.

As I posted earlier Mothership, I do not shoe up in protest to the 8 pin advantage or maybe you just didn't bother to read all the post. It affects me personally because it is another bandaid idea for a much greater problem. Also, whilst you call it "having a whinge" I call it standing up for something I believe in, so you my friend, right at this point, would be well advised to listen to people who know me well and "choose your words very carefully".

So what if the best female bowlers have an extra 8 head start? If it gets more entries into tournaments the committee can take the list of X number of entries and gain sponsorships easier = more $$$ for everyone to play for, and when all of the events are full = more exposure.

If Asia, Europe and America are doing so well with this system then why can't it be the same for Australia. I'm aware people don't like change but sorry that's just too bad!!!

So what if the best female bowlers have an extra 8 head start? If it gets more entries into tournaments the committee can take the list of X number of entries and gain sponsorships easier = more $$$ for everyone to play for, and when all of the events are full = more exposure.

If Asia, Europe and America are doing so well with this system then why can't it be the same for Australia. I'm aware people don't like change but sorry that's just too bad!!!

Handicaps breed weaker bowlers, period.
Is that what the elite woman bowlers want ?
The rules of Bowling are designed to make fair for all competitors, alternating lanes, handicaps and moving across pairs throughout a Tournament are some of the rules designed to be fair to all competitors, there are many others all designed to make the sport fair.
The instant you apply a handicap to one player or group, you have to apply the same rule to all, otherwise you can no long be fair to all. You no longer have a Scratch Competition, you now have either an unfair competition or you call it a Handicap Comp and treat everyone similarly

"Talk to the TBA".....Oh you must be taking the PISS now LOL. Like Bluey stated before, George post the question for discussion and that is what he got. P.s Bluey no apology required but you can shout me a beer or 5... a man get real thirsty after 4 weeks on a Rig in the dessert.
p.p.s Mothership, maybe you and I can have a "one to one" conversation about "opinions and shoeing up" when I see you at the Mentone cup on the weekend. You can give me some "tips" about "talking to the TBA".

TBA have changed a lot in the past few years, they take everyones opinions on board hence why they introduced the eight pins and other stuff.

If you want to help our sport then start believing in our governing body

Back
Top Bottom