Women's Adelaide Cup

FLOWER

Does anyone have any info. regarding entries for Women's Adelaide Cup?

With the Queensland Ladies Classic to organize, and extreme difficulities in obtaining enough sponsorship to give a reasonable Prize Fund to those dedicated women who need National Ranked Tourns. and are willing to travel, the number of entries is of immense interest to me.

The decreasing number of entries in men's (Open) tourns. at a national level is an alarming trend for organizers of women's tourns. with a much smaller base to draw from. Sanctioning for National Ranked Tourns. is quite a drain with such a small entry base - hopefully, for us around 45-48 bowlers - and keeping the Entry Fee at the lowest level possible to attract the 'not-so-elite' ladies is an added strain.

This does not sound like a very positive post - but maybe I'm running out of ideas and getting tired of fighting for Women's Open bowling when interest (both socially and financially) from a big majority of very talented lady bowlers is non forthcoming.

Maybe I will feel better tomorrow - especially when I see the grass grow after this welcome rain!!!!!

FLOWER

:?: Is this event still on??????....apart from Mary's preceeding post, there hasn't been a mention of this tournie on the forum, apart from its mention on the tournament calendar. According to that, it is running this weekend...
If someone knows how many bowlers, who is bowling, and if any one is going to post the scores, that would be great............

broni

Back
Top Bottom