2011 AMF BOWLING - AUSTRALIAN CUP

K & K always had a cheaper squad to encourage local / closer bowlers to fill earlier squad and open up later squads for others further away. Tournament team trying hard to promote bowling and assist bowlers.

Leanne

Basic retail practice in action there. You have two products. One sells like hot cakes and the other isn't moving so well. So you discount the struggling one to bump it along. Still, you'll get unreasonable people who want the popular item for the cheaper price, but that's life in retail. You have to deal with people who will never be happy.

Keep your chin up Brett! I'm seriously considering A squad now!

Basic retail practice in action there. You have two products. One sells like hot cakes and the other isn't moving so well. So you discount the struggling one to bump it along. Still, you'll get unreasonable people who want the popular item for the cheaper price, but that's life in retail. You have to deal with people who will never be happy.

Keep your chin up Brett! I'm seriously considering A squad now!

Now if only they can move that first squad back a couple hours more, then I can bowl the first squad and get the discount haha.

Not a bad idea to discount the first squad, have to do something to get the numbers up, at least Brett is listening to what the majority want, he has already moved squad times to be more accomodating, which is great as now I don't have to leave home at 6-7am, but can leave around 9 and is now just trying to do something to entice extra bowlers. The $60 difference is almost 25% of the original entry fee, but I guess they felt that was appropriate under the circumstances. I think the only thing that could be done differently would have been to promote it as a locals entry fee reduction to entice the fringe tournament bowlers that are local to have a go.

question,

if a squad fills due to bowlers moving squads and a new bowler who wants to bowl and there are only spots available in b squad, but only can afford the 190 do they get special consideration.

sorry if i am being sinicoll, but at the moment that is just the way i am

Hey Paul since you seem to be organising everything for everyone can you organise a limo to pick me up from the airport, I'd like a gin and tonic (Henricks gin of course) with a slice of cuccumber in a tall glass please, a 25yr old Romanian girl to give me a light shoulder and neck massage on the way to the bowl too. Dont worry about lunch, I'll grab something at the Qantas club, cheers mate!

Hey Paul since you seem to be organising everything for everyone can you organise a limo to pick me up from the airport, I'd like a gin and tonic (Henricks gin of course) with a slice of cuccumber in a tall glass please, a 25yr old Romanian girl to give me a light shoulder and neck massage on the way to the bowl too. Dont worry about lunch, I'll grab something at the Qantas club, cheers mate!
I can help out here... Just had my second double shot of espresso courtesy of Miss Sylvia, so better double check the details...

(Makes bullet point list on notepad...) So George wants a Romanian Oil Wrestler... to give him a good rubbing... with a cucumber... in the back of a pantech... after plying him with G&T's... Got it! Will a quick Pimms do if I can't get Henricks, George? p.s. Igor the 350lb oil wrestler can't wait to "meet" you! :p

Hmmmm so all of B squad are moving to A squad, you do realise that B squad will have no entries in it if A is full

question,

if a squad fills due to bowlers moving squads and a new bowler who wants to bowl and there are only spots available in b squad, but only can afford the 190 do they get special consideration.

sorry if i am being sinicoll, but at the moment that is just the way i am

I think it is a first in best dressed scenario, I know if I had of already booked accomodation for the Friday night, I probably would change, but I am driving down Saturday and was always planning on doing so anyway.

I wonder what happens if as Sam says, that B squad is low on entries because the majority swap lol. Discount both squads!!!! Woohoo! ;)

I think it is a first in best dressed scenario, I know if I had of already booked accomodation for the Friday night, I probably would change, but I am driving down Saturday and was always planning on doing so anyway.

I wonder what happens if as Sam says, that B squad is low on entries because the majority swap lol. Discount both squads!!!! Woohoo! ;)

Why not just discount both, seems unfair to those who can't get in A squad once its full

Why not just discount both, seems unfair to those who can't get in A squad once its full

Then watch everyone move back to B squad, it's a great idea reducing the price to try and drum up more entries for A squad. Ideally if there are only limited entries for the tournament you want a full A squad and B squad as small and quick as possible.

You have to remember AMF are forking out money to have this tournament run, without expected entries the difference will come out of their pockets, not the bowlers. The centre has already pushed the squads back at a cost to the centres night social play because the bowlers asked for it and yet there were still no entries. From my perspective as the previous manager of the centre, I hope A squads fills so the centre gets the most out of turning away social play for an entire (most likely raining) Sarurday day.

Great idea reducing the price Brett, depending on this weekend I may put my name down for A squad, if it's not full by then of course ;-)

Craigy

Back
Top Bottom