2011 AMF BOWLING - AUSTRALIAN CUP

Morning All

With no objections received, we have moved the starting times for the qualifying squads for the Adult Australian Cup.

Checkin for A Sqaud is now 10.15am with bowling starting at 10.30am
Checkin for B Squad is now 2.30pm with a bowling starting time of 3pm (approx)

Regards

Brett

Hi All

Attached is the latest squad listing for the Adult Cup

Attachments

• Adult entries.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 130
Afternoon All

Some important updates for the 2011 AMF BOWLING - AUSTRALIAN CUP

To try to attract more entries, AMF have reduced the entry fee for bowlings wishing to bowl in A Squad of the event. Those who wish to bowl in the event, who may already be entered into A squad, or wish to move into A Squad, will receive a $60 Discount. Thats right, Entry fee for A squad has been reduced to $190.

If you wish to enter, simply post you details on this thread.

The pattern to be used will be the Tokyo pattern. This pattern is being used for the Youth Event in the weekend prior and can be viewed at the following post:

KEGEL - Bowling Solutions / Pattern Library: Recreation Patterns, Challenge Patterns, Sport Patterns, Lane Machines, Lane Conditioners, Lane Types

Regards

Brett

Afternoon All

Some important updates for the 2011 AMF BOWLING - AUSTRALIAN CUP

To try to attract more entries, AMF have reduced the entry fee for bowlings wishing to bowl in A Squad of the event. Those who wish to bowl in the event, who may already be entered into A squad, or wish to move into A Squad, will receive a $60 Discount. Thats right, Entry fee for A squad has been reduced to $190.

If you wish to enter, simply post you details on this thread.

The pattern to be used will be the Tokyo pattern. This pattern is being used for the Youth Event in the weekend prior and can be viewed at the following post:

KEGEL - Bowling Solutions / Pattern Library: Recreation Patterns, Challenge Patterns, Sport Patterns, Lane Machines, Lane Conditioners, Lane Types

Regards

Brett

What about people who have to travel and can only do b squad, be unfair so if people move to a squad for the cheaper price and fill the squad, so the new bowler has to fork out 250 to fill b squad to cover people moving squads, how fair is that,

I have to agree with Dave on this. It is unfair to have two squads with different entry fees. I understand the tournament is trying to acquire more entries but don't think reducing the entry fee for one squad and the bowlers that can only make it for the later squad pays full price. I know the tournament is in it's last year this year but maybe it should have been moved to a state or centre that is reknown for attracting more entries (eg: melbourne or brisbane).

Works for me, if you want the cheaper price just leave earlier and bowl A..... It happens in most tournaments overseas, especially the High Rollers where they give discounted entries for earlier squads. If my flight got in before A squad I would but I cant, you guys driving have no excuse..... Might even pull a few more entries which can only be a good thing.

Nice work AMF!

Certainly appealing to us 'el cheapo' Novocastrians!

Move Jeff Cutts to A squad as well, thanks. (I also agree with CSP and Diecast, I wouldn't be particularly happy if I didn't have a choice but to bowl B squad, on by the same token though, I hope this decision isn't rescinded by next weekend because it's saving me $60).

Mate for a few years this tournament attracted more entries than just about all others. Unfortunately it probably lost a lot of momentum when moved to the gong last year. Good move by Brett and the team to try and get some more local entries into the unpopular squad time, add to the prizefund and overall tournament success. With any luck it will attract some who otherwise wouldn't have bowled and might decide to try a few more tournaments next year too. Bowlers asked for the early squad to be pushed back it was no one entered. Can't hurt to try something else surely.

Back
Top Bottom