2011 AMF BOWLING - AUSTRALIAN CUP

Ah, what the hell. I'm going to be down anyway.

Can you please put Jason Doust in A Squad, Brett?

If you need my spot for a local who won't otherwise play, let me know and I'll swap back. (Fair's fair.)

Cheers,
Jason

Hi All

Im currently runnin the Youth Event.

I will be back in Melbourne on Monday and will post the updated squad list once im Back in the office.

Cheers

Brett

Just wondering, if there are say 25 bowlers now in A squad, thats $1500 less in the 'pot'. Is this covered by AMF or taken from the prize fund??

Fair point there by Andrew.

Im not bowling so it doesnt bother me but from an outsiders point of view with zero bias, what is the point of doing this if it doesnt really encourage anyone to move into squad B? I see the theory but in reality all that has happened is a shift to A squad.

I get that it has been done to get people into A but at the expense of B and a reduced prize fund? Not to mention the disgruntled people in B that cant move to A.

Interesting indeed.

It may be $1500 less if 25 people are in A squad, but if only 10 people were in A squad as it was looking it would have been nearly $3000 less. There have been quite a few people that have moved squads.

I think the reason it was done is because if theres less then 10 or so bowlers, it would probably be a waste of the managements time running a squad for so few people.

As an every tournament A Squader, i think this is great. Its no secret most of the better bowlers bowl afternoon squads (and have their reasons obviously) so as an A squader i very rarely can enjoy the same atmosphere unless i cut and bowl day 2.

Nothing wrong with spreading the talents around.

Morning All.. Sorry for the 36 Hour delay but attached is the latest Squad listings.

To answer your question Andrew

The Prize fund for the event was based on 70 entries. Despite lowering the entry fee for A Squad, we will base the prize fund around the basis of all entries received were "Full Price - $250" entries.

At present we have only 58 entries (not allowing for last minute drop outs) so obviously the number or positions paid out will decrease to possibly 25th.

The most likely result of any drop in the amounts paid will be an adjustment of money paid out to bowlers finishing outside the top 16. ie 17 - 25 but this will not be confirmed until Squad B has started and the final number of entries has been determined.

Regards

Brett

Attachments

• Adult entries.xls
    17 KB · Views: 122
Still plenty of spots left in both squads and much more evenly spread now, i think the discounted early squad was a great idea.

Ive been fighting gout all last week and it was finally gone this morning, but sure enough i had a big stretch and yawn to celebrate, pulled something in my neck. Cant win haha

Anyway cant wait till the weekend, been waiting for a pattern like this to come along.

Back
Top Bottom