2007/8 Summer of Cricket Thread

A few years ago that would've been unquestionably caught.

agreed 100% im guessing a few years ago people played cricket with alot more spirit aswell..not all just for de monies.

Pup's catch was out it didn't hit the ground as you would of seen dirt fly up off the ground. thats all i have to say.

but why no third umpire? if all it takes these days is a nod from the captian for it to be declared out then what is the point in having the third umpire? (semi-sarcasm).

the only other thing that ****s me is the fact that gilly is the only australian that walks when he is out..i mean clarky stould there for about 3 minutes even though we all new he was out straight away no doubt about it....whats with that?

Why should they walk straight away he doesnt exactly know everytime they r out it's proberly a stragtegic move if the umpire see them show nothing he shoul go to third umpire and they start to walk give them out gilly is my fav player along with simon's ...everything is going to 3rd umpire these days it's ashame alot of the umpire's call's have been stuffed cause of it why is there a umpire anway

It was decided at the Captain's meeting between Ponting and Kumble about the catch's at thats why Ponting put his finger up towards the umpire to say that ganguly was out. Thats from what i heard on the news but thats bits and pieces of the story about the catching.

And whats this garbage about Ricky Ponting being sacked as Australia's captain?
As far as i'm concerned, this has been the best test match i've seen, so I'm in support of the way he celebrated. I would've done the same thing, and whats the go with these aussies supporting he be sacked. We are on the verge of making cricket history here people, sacking him of captaincy is a deathwish.

Bunch on sarcasim they r doing it's only that 1 idiot who wants him sacked he prob neva achieved wat he wanted to do so takes it out bye writing crap and gets away with it

Bunch on sarcasim they r doing it's only that 1 idiot who wants him sacked he prob neva achieved wat he wanted to do so takes it out bye writing crap and gets away with it

yeah so true. the way he was talking its obvious he is still living in the past and abiding by his belief, but the style of cricket in the 21st century is becoming much more than the gentlemens game. some people go too far and serious these days...

Calling the Indians spoilt brats is so very true. After winning a second rate world Twenty20 tournament, the Indian government showered them with money and new cars. Our government must be pretty tight after 3 world cup wins and a 5-0 ashes win lol. India is a great team, probably the second best team in the world, but it's their overinflated egos that overshadowed there competitive on field performances this series. Lets get back to cricket. Australia have everything to play for to pass Steve Waugh's Australian teams record of 16 straight wins, but I think a very talented Indian team is going to be determined then ever after what has happened.

agreed 100% im guessing a few years ago people played cricket with alot more spirit aswell..not all just for de monies.
but why no third umpire? if all it takes these days is a nod from the captian for it to be declared out then what is the point in having the third umpire? (semi-sarcasm).
the only other thing that ****s me is the fact that gilly is the only australian that walks when he is out..i mean clarky stould there for about 3 minutes even though we all new he was out straight away no doubt about it....whats with that?
I am so proud of this young man who is brave enough to voice his opinion in a lion's den :D
This morning's news. A group of Australia's Sporting Legends plan to complain to Cricket Australia that the behavior of Ricky Ponting's cricket team is damaging Australia's International Reputation. What they are worried is the way the cricket team's attitude to win at all cost and not showing any respect for their opponents after their win. "Sports is only sports. It's not war",said John Bertrand.
Alex

Calling the Indians spoilt brats is so very true. QUOTE]

you give off a great vibe mate.....this is whats giving australia a bad name.
incase you havent noticed in india cricket is like all they have its either become the best and practise and practise....or get swollowed up by poverty.

so i beleive they deserve to be "spoiled brats" if thats how you want to portray them as. they are just as good as australia but beating australia in australia is not an easy job it seems.

If thats true then wouldn't the money and new cars the government spent on them for winning the Twenty20 be better spent on junior development or for those that are living in poverty???

You obviously have got no idea how much money the Indian government spends on the development of the game. And you can't get rid of poverty mate, it's in our own backyard :surrender:
Alex

1 new car to an already wealthy international cricketer that could have spent developing 50 young kids living in poverty into cricketers of the future, and that doesn't make a difference??

Back to cricket, good to see the 3rd test at the WACA is still going ahead. Looking forward to this one

1 new car to an already wealthy international cricketer that could have spent developing 50 young kids living in poverty into cricketers of the future, and that doesn't make a difference??
Back to cricket, good to see the 3rd test at the WACA is still going ahead. Looking forward to this one
They got a car each for winning a tournament not because they are rich or poor.
Totally agree, it's good to see the tour back on. Cricket is the winner! Common sense prevailed at last! At least umpires and player are put on notice. Play hard but also play fair. That should be the message they should be sending to all the kids and players that adore them. Like Gary said if the situation were to be reversed, the whole nations will be still :mad: :p
Alex

Common sense in whos eyes,

sorry India,patastan and sri lanka pretty much control the icc, if they dont like something then they create till it gets there way, look at the ball tampering with darrel hair, or the murila chucking incident, there all the same.

The turbinator was suspended but because appeal most likely wont be done till after third test then he gets to play, but if hogg found guilty he wont be playing

Just for the record, after the WACA test match, Mitchell Johnson's batting average is 99!!!

Back
Top Bottom