Highest league average in Australia

How boring would it be being able to average that over an extended period. Different in a tournament where there is an immediate outcome but knowing you don't have to think, consider which ball or where to throw seems like a waste of time and effort to me. I think I would be trying all sorts of different balls, lines, releases etc just to add a little interest.

I think the numbers and your comment Carl, pretty much sums it up.

No doubt, Jeff Carter is a fantastic bowler. 261 average, and at one point he had 97 300 Games. Not sure what he has now.

Yet, in 14 years on the PBA. He has earnt $441,000. ($50,000 less than Jason Belmonte has in 5 years)

At first glance, it seems a fair bit. It's only $31,000 a year.

I dont try to score huge at league, I prefer to try different lines and different gear.

Tournaments are where the big scores matter the most, league is just another practice session.

League bowling like tournament bowling still requires discipline , judgement & focus to get a result , various oil patterns still create the challenge in tournaments but at the end of the day its still bowling we need to keep it real when it matters.

There comes a point in ones game where league becomes a mere practice session.
I honestly don't see the point in putting as much effort mentally into a league night as I would into a tournament where there is real money on the time.

I totally agree with bec, league for the more elite is to try out different lines and equipment and shouldn't be compared to a bowlers true skill or potential.

There comes a point in ones game where league becomes a mere practice session.
I honestly don't see the point in putting as much effort mentally into a league night as I would into a tournament where there is real money on the time.

I totally agree with bec, league for the more elite is to try out different lines and equipment and shouldn't be compared to a bowlers true skill or potential.

That attitude has come about because of the cost of a practice game

I used to Bowl 3 leagues a week then bowl at least 10 games a week practice

Practice was practice and Leagues were important and a training ground for Tournaments

Practice was practice and Leagues were important and a training ground for Tournaments

Makes a difference when a Bowl is run by bowlers, e.g. Emma and Cameron Walsh ( and indeed the rest of the Walsh family putting their shoulders to the wheel.)

You're just living in the wrong place, Geoff; move to Ballina and get you're ( bowling ) lifestyle back again. See you soon ???

Makes a difference when a Bowl is run by bowlers, e.g. Emma and Cameron Walsh ( and indeed the rest of the Walsh family putting their shoulders to the wheel.)

You're just living in the wrong place, Geoff; move to Ballina and get you're ( bowling ) lifestyle back again. See you soon ???

Hahahaha !! Your a funny bastard Jim !!

The cost of practice games has nothing to do with my choice to use league as another practice session. I still bowl games after my league is finished and I train for two hours on a Tuesday with my coach. You say league use to be a training ground for tournaments, that's exactly what we are using it for, training for tournaments

To the original poster, the highest at AMF Moonah is Norm Green on 228 in Centre League.
That is on course to break the all-time record which was a 227 average for a season set by Paul Lucock in Centre League about 4-5 years ago.

We currently have in our league at Boronia:

Matt Lambrick 237 ave for 21 games.
Stephan Huseyinoff 230 for 39 games.

I finished with a 236 ave last time I bowled a full league season there.

No point getting shitty at the bowlers with these averages, they just turn up and bowl on the condition the centre provides.

I was just throwing some more numbers out there in response to the original question.

Yes I understand it is a ditch and so are the majority of league patterns, I guess it is more the bowler understanding that they are bowling on an easy condition..

centres cater for the majority. 95% of people dont want to outlay $25-$30 for 3 games in league to shoot 480 series

No point getting shitty at the bowlers with these averages, they just turn up and bowl on the condition the centre provides.

I was just throwing some more numbers out there in response to the original question.

Yes I understand it is a ditch and so are the majority of league patterns, I guess it is more the bowler understanding that they are bowling on an easy condition..

Unfortunately Andrew, most people don't understand they are bowling on the great wall of china in their league shot, I see an endless stream sometimes of people posting scores up on FB and whatever, tooting their horn, but come playing on the tougher patterns, those scores aren't anywhere to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom