HIghest league average

philby

Ok lets find out the highest league average in Australia. Dont care if its on a ditch or a hard pattern. The aim is highest league ave. Must be over 18 games or more and if possible the type of league bowled in, ie singles, 5 man team, head to head, so on. And of course the centre bowled in.

I will start it off

Justin Lowe Super league. monday nights at Keon Prk. 5 man team head to head points ave 221 over 96 games.

Philby

highest league average I have held to date was in Hervey Bay in 2000-2001 over more than 100 games .. average.. 234.

don't have a proper average at the moment due to having a year off for shoulder surgery, still recovering, - but shooting in 190's (in a different and much tougher centre!).

PB

Sorry i dont mean averages that you think might be right i mean averages now. Current league aveage. And lets be accurate not guessing please otherwise theres no point is there.

I dont know how accurate this is, but i heard milton bowl in brisbane, has a few averging mid 230's, i think carl bottomly averages 237 or something

Dont know if its true

220 after 33 games at Sunshine, Two up (doubles league)
Not one to blow my own horn, but I am proud that whenever I step up to the approach that I have commanded a level of respect from fellow bowlers and it makes for good competition, those who bowl against me raise their game.
Never averaged so high in my life, just seems that I have dialled in to the conditions set week in week out and it makes my bowling a joy each week.

Tiger said:
Current league average 215: 4-man team.
Now 212 in one league and 194 in the other I bowl in now and then.
Both falling rapidly as the weeks go on.
icon9.gif

Sunday Night league @ C'town head to head, 3 man teams, 4 game series - 211 (approx. 60games)

Munday night league @ C'town, 4 man teams, team game, doubles game, singles game - 218 (24 games)

Thurs night league @ C'town, scratch singles, 4 game series - 208 (approx. 40-50games)

209 at Rosemount about 5 years ago before I gave the game away in a 3 man team. More recently 213 at Chermside, but only over 27 games before circumstances stopped me from bowling for awhile.

Ducati 851 said:
I dont know how accurate this is, but i heard milton bowl in brisbane, has a few averging mid 230's, i think carl bottomly averages 237 or something
Dont know if its true

Yes averages are quite high at Milton so that's probably pretty accurate.

Anthony Flynn of Geelong, Victoria, has a league average of 224 in the Ray Taylor Premier League.

The highest one I know of is Tony Hamilton at Aspley. 231 average over 120-odd games in the Haro's Triples league.

There might be someone at Milton or Caboolture who tops that though. Carl? George?

Belmo maybe?

Back
Top Bottom