Highest league average in Australia

mickyd213

I'm just interested to know what the highest league average is in Australia? You may ask why and here is my reason...

With all the talk of centres here in Australia being easy to score on and commonly referred to as "Ditches", surely this would be reflected in bowling averages. I know of a few bowlers who have (or had) averages in the 230's but with all our complaining it's interesting to note that the highest league average in the U.S is 257 (Or something around that number)

If we bowled on ditches why, with all the talent in this country are we not at those dizzying heights...

The Robot has not Bowled a 300 to my knowledge.

willey

Correct. The robot hasn't bowled a perfect game. It's problem is, it's too accurate, and burns the same spot up quickly, which means a move is needed. Pretty sure Chris Barnes bowled a match against the robot, the robot struck until it was time to move, then Barnes moved and continued striking while the robot started going through the nose.

Yep I've seen it. It's huge. I would of the thought though it's just a "jump to the left" isn't it?

You'd think it would e on some kind of runner.

Yep I've seen it. It's huge. I would of the thought though it's just a "jump to the left" isn't it?

You'd think it would e on some kind of runner.

Nope, no runners. They have to bolt it down. So moving it, even if it's only going to move a few inches, is a major pain in the ass.

One main reason averages reach those dizzying heights in America is because more technicians over there understand lane conditioning, surfaces, oils, etc a lot more than most Aussie technicians do. So they can further adjust their ditches to allow for the highest possible scoring.
I know of one technician who I won't name, though several people on this board may know who I'm referring to - who developed a condition which saw over 90 honour scores within a 10 month period, heh.

And I think his Main Ball was a Blue Hammer but don't quote me on this I have known to be wrong on a few occasions.

willey

How boring would it be being able to average that over an extended period. Different in a tournament where there is an immediate outcome but knowing you don't have to think, consider which ball or where to throw seems like a waste of time and effort to me. I think I would be trying all sorts of different balls, lines, releases etc just to add a little interest.

Back
Top Bottom