Highest 3game seres in aust

With the 3 game series, pretty sure it used to be games 1,2,3 or 4,5,6 or 7,8,9 in a series of games in tournaments. Then it was changed to any 3 consecutive games, i.e. 2,3,4 or 6,7,8. Pretty sure works the same way with 4 game series.

A lot of the decent money leagues I have bowled in have been four and sometimes five games. Really enjoyed the old five game league at Caboolture.

In regard to the post, I think Flynny's series will take some beating. Eventually we will have a 900 series here but I can't see it happening for a while, as easy as our league lane conditions are they certainly aren't as easy as those in the US.

I think Glen Loader's 4 game block at the Australian Open should be registered as the Australian record as it was simply an awesome display of bowling. It was an 1100 series and that will take some beating.

Couple of questions regarding these records, why no four game records? And what qualifies as a four game record? Just leagues with four games or a four game block for a tournament etc.?

HAROS' DOUBLES at Aspley ~ Tuesday night @ 6.30pm ~ 4 games

DARREN SUNA has rolled 276+232+247+247=1002
Averaging 250.5 per game.

I think Glen Loader's 4 game block at the Australian Open should be registered as the Australian record as it was simply an awesome display of bowling. It was an 1100 series and that will take some beating.

Mate think you will find a few ppl at Caboolture when they first got the Kegel would have posted 1100+ series for their four games, Manhattan would have been similar you would think and just about every other ditched centre going. Massive scoring in a tournament though.

Lolz Caboolture, I remember there was a period for a few months a couple of years back when every few days there was a 300 there. Combination of a ditch and a huge cash league. Anybody who was anybody bowled in that league. Pretty much every top bowler in Brisbane bowled that 5 man league.

There was an un-sanctioned 899/3 bowled by Matt Riley back in 2008 (during a practice session).

Not sure which centre (lidcombe i think) but according to the thread in the TAS forum (page 2), it was on a sports pattern.

Agreed when even my 862 didn't even rate a mention on the TBA site when that was the Australian Record at the time before Anthony Flynn passed it with his 887 at Geelong.

Jase, were you wearing those special thongs at the time? ;)

Jase, were you wearing those special thongs at the time? ;)

He is a very talented spotsman with his thongs. Caught his soccer skills with them on last weekend.

Wonder how he'll go steaming in on the long run up tomorrow? Lol

Hey Andrew,
Skippy here...oops my bad only just got onto totalbowling after couple of weeks. You are spot on with my series at World Cup mate..even got the pin leaves spot on.
Also had another rippa series in late 2004 in league at Frankston Vic. 290 299 289..878. 3 pin in first frame of first game from shocking shot. 10 pin in second game and 10 pin
in third game.

Paul T

Back
Top Bottom