What is your Highest Game with a Plastic Ball only?

methomann

Hi All, I would just like to put this out there and see what the responds would be.
Tonight at AMF Redcliffe i decided to put away my high reactive ball and use my plastic ball.
In my second game i shoot a 274. Have you ever done this and if so what was your ever highest game with plastic bowling ball.

bowled a 300 game over 15 times with a plastic ball....but then, you have to realize that I'm old.

I'm old enough. Can I sneak in a black rubber ball I bought in 1960/61 ? Several 279s and several 250s and a 268 that I can remember. When I started bowling again some 30 years later ( in 1994/5 ) I bought one of the early reactives and a plastic. Was in a Tourney at Mt. Gravatt ( late 90s probably ) - don't know what it was - but it must have been of some standing because I remember Cara was bowling and so was Brenton, and other notables. I don't move the ball much, but when I hit a light Brooklyn instead of the 2 pin, I felt lucky, and was running about 2/3 (or lower) down the field, so in the last 2 game block, in desperation, I used the plastic, moved left as far as the ball return would let me, and threw it hard at the R/H gutter about two thirds down the lane.
Bowled two 260 somethings. Really wasn't me or the ball - it was the #@#$^%#!! lanes!

277 at ringwood 20 odd years ago with brunswick ball and in recent times 266 at narre warren with columbia white dot

Looking at all the above - makes you wonder about all the expense of reactives. Specially for those who think they have to have the latest, to keep up.??????????????????????????

Ummm... Because they hook and hit about 6 times harder, Jim? ;)

300 & a 239.8 average for 16 games SP qualifier 1980
Thanks for reminding me Peter!

227/16 games at a SPC spot in Orange in 1990 with a Wayne Webb Gyro 1. Back when a 16lb ball gave you better carry! I think I had 256-256-257 back to back in there. (Or something like that.) Aldo will remember; He often reminds me of missing that triplicate! :)

Ummm... Because they hook and hit about 6 times harder, Jim? ;)

Thanks for reminding me Peter!

227/16 games at a SPC spot in Orange in 1990 with a Wayne Webb Gyro 1. Back when a 16lb ball gave you better carry! I think I had 256-256-257 back to back in there. Aldo will remember! :)
Right Jason - 6 times harder, right, got it. Let me see now 256 by 6 =, and 257 by----Right mate, message received. Jim.

/\/\/\/\ Grumpy as...:cardR:

268, white dot, bowling fast backup......man that was a long tome ago.

Rob

Right handed a 289 and left handed a 268 both at Caboolture, although left handed was just practice, never quite been able to do a 300 with a plastic, and never grew up in the era where a plastic was required all the time. I have sometimes bowled league for long spells with plastic gear but thankfully very few tournaments, held a touch over 230 avg when I first moved to Newcastle with a plastic for a league round. Have used one a couple of times this year and not shot under a 220 game in league with one.

Sometimes good just having something that reacts consistantly 99% of the time.

Right handed a 289 and left handed a 268 both at Caboolture, although left handed was just practice, never quite been able to do a 300 with a plastic, and never grew up in the era where a plastic was required all the time. I have sometimes bowled league for long spells with plastic gear but thankfully very few tournaments, held a touch over 230 avg when I first moved to Newcastle with a plastic for a league round.
And who said they like 'em dry in Newcastle..?

Once i bowled something like 168, 138 then Mick Little suggested i bring my arm closer to my foot on my follow through and then 300, thanks for letting me lend your towel that night too Pete :p

290 with a 12lb Olympic Striker at Melton (VIC). Was quite a while ago in the Wednesday night doubles league and hubby bowled 180!

279 with w/dot, 278/279 with Roto Star SR 1982/1983

Gordon Robinson

Double points there like Jim earlier! Rubber ball 270-games! With a silver streak too! Those things went long!

I once saw a guy bowl 291 with a conventional AMF Strikeline. Wasn't pretty, but they kept falling down. Up to a point. :) Poor fella... I really felt for him!

Back
Top Bottom