Ten pin Bowling Facts

May have been broken but highest 3 game series in ACT I know of would be Kevin Bruce with 827 (I think) I do know it was with an old pink hammer which would make Dousty most pleased.
Most 300s Matt Francis with 7? Not far behind Carl...
Damn right!

Thank God! A number bowled with a urethane ball that still stands!;)

I think I have six 300's! Not too sure anymore, they're all with urethane too, so it's a long time ago... BUT... I can catch up to someone! Woo hoo!

Jeez I fee old now...

727 with a pink hammer would be classified as impressive, definately the worst hammer ever made.

Tx for reminding me...lol....it was actually 94 but the worst part wasnt the score it was who I was bowling with at the time. I drew Mike Muir that year and the other two were a couple of hacks from out of town...messrs Andrew Frawley and none other than Tim Mack....Doh!!! Tim was really great and just told me to forget about it and I shot 220 next game...still missed the cut though of course. We still get a giggle out of it. Baron

As for that Graph on 300 games, how interesting, who said the scoring is out of control.

Also interesting is that in 1999 I bowled my first and only 300, and it looks like the Lanes were easy that year! Bugger.

willey

The multi-talented Christian 'Jesus' Kereszteny has bowled 2 sanctioned 300s, the first bowling 1 handed and the second bowling 2 handed.

I would say probably that the highest 4 game doubles series would be:

2026 - Brendan Duthie (1020) & Bob Whybrow (1006) at Blacktown, NSW on the 22nd of Februrary, 2007 in the Telstar Doubles League.

I think they came pretty close to the 3 game record for the first 3 games too... I know they had over 1500 for 3, not sure if they beat the 1516 record though, but I think they may have.

Sorry Allan,

Macca and I had 2035 :) (Macca 960 & Me 1075)

Im also pretty sure that wasnt the highest either.

Think Guy Corney and someone had high 2000's or possibly 2100+.

wow... I stand corrected..

That's some good shooting.

Did you, Rusty, H, your Dad & (i'm sorry I can't remember your 5th) a.k.a Blacktown ID team hold the 5 man team game record? does that still stand? I remember that a while back, you guys got a nifty plaque and everything...

I know the plaque your talking about. It's hung up in the back room of Mumsy and Dads place.

Id be pretty confident to say that has been broken now for sure to.

Think the team was Les Chown (Dad), Don McRae, Les Smith, H & Me. I think Troy Lott was apart of our team at the time to.

Most 300's in Tasmania - Ash Riley with 12 or 13...
The highest 3-Game series in Tasmania as far as I know is Ashley Riley with 837 up the Coast (Burnie I think) sometime in the mid 1990's.

The most 800-series shot by an individual player in Tasmania up until a few years ago was 3 by Ashley Riley - all up on the Coast.
I'm not sure if he's shot any more since, maybe someone from up there would be able to tell you.

The first 300 ever shot in Tasmania was by the then 17-year old Paul Lucock in the old Premier League at Moonah on 2nd August 1988.
Lucock was also the first Junior to shoot 300 in Tasmania with that game.

The first 300 ever shot by a female in Tasmania was by the then 37-year old Sally Golding in Birds League at Moonah on 23rd November 1992, throwing an 11lb Pink AMF Strikeline backup style.

The oldest 300-shooter in Tasmania would be Ray Tilla who was 65 when he shot his perfect game in Centre League at Moonah on 30th June 2006.

As for the youngest 300-shooter in Tasmania, I'm not exactly sure.
It would be a toss-up between Matt Burtt, Sarah Hyland (Peck), Nathan Arrowsmith, Nigel Hatton, Paul Lucock and probably even Matty Riley or Trent Pierce.

Lucock and Burtt were both 17, Sarah was about the same age, not sure about the others.

No doubt someone will be able to confirm the ones I can't remember.

Hay there i think that the first 300 by a female in Queensland was actually bowled by a lady by the name of Barb Richmond at Clayfield in the very early 80's

and I am the only person to bowl 300 in the TQI state championships and it was my first

Andrew Lloyd from NSW is the first person to shoot 300 in the East Coast Challange Cup and it was against Jon King and he shot a 299 at Sunshine bowl in Melbourne in 2003

"...a lady by the name of Barb Richmond at Clayfield in the very early 80's"
Heh, heh, heh... LMAO! Barb Richmond was the toughest little nugget you ever met on the lanes. A lovely person off them too! She was legendary in women's bowling in Qld! That's up there with "Terry who..!!" :cool:

Just some more details of 300 games from 1986
Ian Nicholls
re: http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3020&d=1172728611
OK, so reactive resin came out big time in late 1992. Scores go stupid crazy high in 1999.

So did:
* synthetics take over everywhere or
* did the lanes start getting blocked everywhere or
* did machines that wash and oil in one pass making today's giant backends become common in 1999
or did we all get sent PBA cards in the mail?

Something screwy has obviously happened.

re: http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3020&d=1172728611
OK, so reactive resin came out big time in late 1992. Scores go stupid crazy high in 1999.

So did:
* synthetics take over everywhere or
* did the lanes start getting blocked everywhere or
* did machines that wash and oil in one pass making today's giant backends become common in 1999
or did we all get sent PBA cards in the mail?

Something screwy has obviously happened.
I looked at that before and noticed a staggering jump (24, 51, 204) and wondered out aloud whether the fact that inadequate records were kept for sometime there when the old ATBC were struggling and then folded possibly had something to do with that.

That may have something do with it, I'm not really sure.
Very strange.

Jason, I worked as a Mechanic and Laneman for most of that period, and from memory I was convinced that Lane Oil Technology did not keep pace with Ball Technology. I found that prior to 1999, all AMF Centres had to use Oil supplied from thier Warehouse(no if buts or maybe's), the unfortunate thing was the oil supplied from AMF would burn out in 4 games, this created a poor scoring enviroment.

I had the NSW State Championships held in my Centre in that period and I knew the lanes would be Awful, but my hands were tied.

1999, the year I bowled my 300, the Centre I bowled it in was using "Legends Lane Oil", this is the oil used when Jeremy Sonnonfield shot his 900. So the oil Technology had finally caught up with the Ball Technology.

This is why I am an advocate for taking the Oil Off the lanes to decrease the High Scoring of today, as it makes the Reactive Ball useless.

willey

Back
Top Bottom