Bowled a 300 game. TBA wont recognise.

BigDaz

On the 12th of August i bowled a 300 game at Gosford City Bowl when i was bowling in the Northern Country Challenge. I am a registered TBA bowler and as far as im aware of, the country challenge is sanctioned by the TBA, hence why i pay a TBA registration fee at the start of every season/year. I fail to see why they even sanction an event if they wont recognise these things. Im only 20 years of age, bowling for 8 yrs, And might not ever bowl a 300 game again, so i think its a bit unfair that they can sanction a league/comp/tournament but disallow the rules and regs.

Thats my rant.

What about the paperwork?? Was the paperwork for your 300 game submitted to TBA.

Also, were the pins weighed (there should be something like 40 pins in a pair of lanes that is 20 each lane). Also, the pins must be between 3lb 6oz and 3lb 10oz or at least that was what it was when I was secretary of our association. If any one pin is either side of the above weights then the high game being applied for may be dis-allowed by TBA.

If I were you, I would be contacting TBA in regard to this to find out the exact reason why the score wasn't recognised.

THANKS

DAVID.

the secretary/director of whatever *im no good with that stuff* rang me up and told me that they wouldnt recognise it. All the paperwork was submitted in full. Pins weighted/checked, lanes checked all that stuff. I was told its got something to do with how they setup/agreed on the rules for our Northern Country Challenge.

And as far as contacting the TBA i have sent emails and rang the phone number both with no reply/response.

Yeah ive had that happen to me, bowled a 300 in an invitaional league, you had to bowl in an accredited league to be eligible to bowl it, however the invitaional league I bowled the 300 in wasnt accredited. Sucks and I know how you feel, despite i still havent recieved the 4 other 300 plaques as of yet.

My best advice, at least you know you have bowled it, whatever the outcome.

Mirt

Not trying to stick my nose in too much here, but i work at the bowl daryl, as i can say 100% that ALL the paperwork from the centre was submitted to the TBA for sanctioning. i am led to believe that the sanctioning of the Northern Country Challenge was never done by the appropriate people who run this event.

if this is the case, of which i am unsure, then they are the people you need to contact. i am not trying to inflame the situation, but if it was my 1st 300 game i would be sending letters to the TBA, organisers of the Northern Country Challenge and busting balls (pardon the pun), any way i could, to have your game sanctioned and recognised.

if it is correct that the challenge was not sanctioned as a recognised TBA event/league/tournament, whatever, the organising committee MUST stand aside immediately for not showing due dillegence and this is only harmful in the worst possible way to all who enjoy bowling in such events.

having bowled my 1st 300 last November, i know how difficult it is to achieve and never thought i would bowl 1. so i sincerely hope that your efforts are recognised and wish you well in endeavour to do so and congratulations.

good luck

Jason Scott

NB this post is in no way associated with the opinions or directives of gosford city bowl or its staff, only of the writer at the time.

I had a 299 knocked back years ago I bowled in a centre roll-off for a SPC spot. Even though all the centre roll-offs were sanctioned.
As I was the only person that turned up for the final I was told I had to bowl the 8 games if I wanted the spot.
I was told we werent allowed to bowl with a pacer.
But the reason it was knocked back was that I was the only person on the lane. Got me ******.

Sounds like organizers arent prepared to outlay $200 - $250 (for what) to sanction a tournament these days. Waste of good money, better spent elsewhere.

I've had the same problem with my 6 300's, for my first game (2002) i had to wait 3 years before it was recognised, and all of my games were bowled in sanctioned leagues, i now have 3 recognised and 3 not.

We had a bowler at Sunshine who bowled a 300 in june last year i think it was and he didn't get his award till July this year. Somewhere around that time. But i think ours was more due to the manager leaving right around the time that the paperwork should have been submitted, then once the new manager came he had to pretty much go back and start all over again.

I had a 299 knocked back years ago I bowled in a centre roll-off for a SPC spot. Even though all the centre roll-offs were sanctioned.
As I was the only person that turned up for the final I was told I had to bowl the 8 games if I wanted the spot.
I was told we werent allowed to bowl with a pacer.
But the reason it was knocked back was that I was the only person on the lane. Got me ******.
Sounds like organizers arent prepared to outlay $200 - $250 (for what) to sanction a tournament these days. Waste of good money, better spent elsewhere.
I had one once (circa '93) qualifying in a house tournament, whereby you could qualify at any time (day or night) and if you scored high enough for your 3-game set you made the final on the Sunday - that was sanctioned, but the qualifying wasn't apparently.
I shot 300 with a Magnum 10 (which I bought off Steve Ahearne not long before that) in qualifying down on 19-20 after Sponsors League on the Wednesday night, but it was ruled out.
I did bowl it on my own though (with the two teams on 17-18 watching as they were finishing their matches for the night) - so maybe that was why.
I should've pressed harder at the time on the issue really.
Trent Griggs rolled 299 and 792/3 in a night league here and got the knockback because it was later found out that the league secretary forgot to put the sanction papers in, I think Androoo set the record for the highest average in a season at Moonah that season and that was also not sanctioned.
Ashley Riley and Aaron Franklin would be two others I can think of to shoot 300's down this way that were not granted because the events hadn't been sanctioned.

Not trying to stick my nose in too much here, but i work at the bowl daryl, as i can say 100% that ALL the paperwork from the centre was submitted to the TBA for sanctioning. i am led to believe that the sanctioning of the Northern Country Challenge was never done by the appropriate people who run this event.
if this is the case, of which i am unsure, then they are the people you need to contact. i am not trying to inflame the situation, but if it was my 1st 300 game i would be sending letters to the TBA, organisers of the Northern Country Challenge and busting balls (pardon the pun), any way i could, to have your game sanctioned and recognised.
if it is correct that the challenge was not sanctioned as a recognised TBA event/league/tournament, whatever, the organising committee MUST stand aside immediately for not showing due dillegence and this is only harmful in the worst possible way to all who enjoy bowling in such events.
having bowled my 1st 300 last November, i know how difficult it is to achieve and never thought i would bowl 1. so i sincerely hope that your efforts are recognised and wish you well in endeavour to do so and congratulations.
good luck
Jason Scott
NB this post is in no way associated with the opinions or directives of gosford city bowl or its staff, only of the writer at the time.

Thanks Jason. It was Murray Herd and Chris (dont know her last name) who have been chasing it all up for me, and fighting hard at it i might add.

We found out today that this is becoming a regular thing, Murray and Chris have fought through all chanels and even though Chris has all the accreditation papers from the TBa for the Challenge it seems that the TBA has moved the goalposts and hasn't told anyone. People are only finding out about the fact that they are not accredited (even though they have paperwork to say they are) when someone bowls a 300 or high series and the association applies for the relevent awards. The awards are being knocked back not because officials are or have not done the right thing but because the TBA has been to lazy to become proactive and sort through the mess, but instead seem to believe that by being reactive is a better option.
It is dissappointing that we pay fees to an association like this but even more disappointing for the people that through no fault of their own are being told that they cannot recieve things that they believe they are intitaled to.
Darryl has even sent messages to the TBA but it seems that he is not important enough to even get the courtesy of a reply from them.
IN SHORT THE TBA STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!

I have been advised that the event was not accredited by TBA. The payment of a fee to become a Registered Bowler with TBA has nothing to do with the accreditation of an event.

It is a sad fact that bowlers for ever have had to pay the price for event organisers who will not read the rules or follow the required procedures before holding events. The TBA Rule Book contains all the information required to apply for accreditation for an event.

The issuing of accreditations is one area that in the past has been not well done. Kathy Smith has volunteered to take the issue on and try to get some conformity back into the system. She is doing a magnificent job with it and a great many previous problems encountered by previous promotors have been sorted out.

If Murray or Chris will be kind enough to post on this site the TBA Tournament accreditation number for the event in question, TBA will have no issues granting the 300 game award.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if anyone requires more information regarding any issues.

email: [email protected]
Mobile: 0417 879 368

As quoted by John.........
It is a sad fact that bowlers for ever have had to pay the price for event organisers who will not read the rules or follow the required procedures before holding events.

Maybe john some organisers don't believe in the rip-off prices for tournaments to be accredited.

As I said before, whatever happened to the $5-$10 simple sanctioning of tournaments.

These days it's all about the big dollars that organisers and proprietors have to pay to associations. It's a bit like sanctioning lanes......????? how much is that these days and for what?

cheers

Tony

Hello Tony
When did you last pay $5 for anything? Are you still working for $2.00/hr? Times have changed but unfortunately, some people have not.

Apart from the Anti Doping Policy, the word "Sanction" has not been mentioned in TBA documentation for more than 6 years. "Sanction" since then only refers to the penalty imposed for contavening the Anti Doping Policy.

Lane accreditation, assuming honesty all round, means participants in the sport compete on lanes that satisfy world standard specifications.

Times may have changed John, but your return for what you pay these days certainly haven't? The more you pay the less you get.............

I see recently the barossa cup having to pay what a couple of hundred of dollars or so to be accredited and for what ?
A piece of lousy paper and the hassle in order to be credited.

Good value I say ?

You tell me, I certainly don't won't to hear about the jargon, come crap, come adoptive policies of today.

Anyway your right I'm too old school when it comes to this sport and associations......
But there certainly starting to look like the best of times...........Hey!

cheers

Tony

I have carried an ATBC, TBA or whatever you want to call it these days for around forty five years but now I'm having second thoughts. It seems to me that OUR beloved govening body is finding more and more 'technicalities' to knock back awards and yet still increase our dues. It has been asked many, many times on this forum what the TBA gives us ordinary members for our dues. It's about time the TBA realise that they represent ALL memebrs and not just the few at the elite level. I witnessed yesterday the anger of bowlers in the Northern Country Challenge over the non aproval of this 300 award and I can tell you that the concensus amongst many long time TBA members was "to hell with the organisation, we dont need to be associated with it any more!"
I couldnt agree more!

Back
Top Bottom