Bowled a 300 game. TBA wont recognise.

As stated previously, if Murray or Chris will be kind enough to post on this site the TBA Tournament accreditation number for the event in question, TBA will have no issues granting the 300 game award.

Can I ask when bowling is just going to get back to being bowling?

I mean honestlly all of this crap that's being flung around about accreditation and regulations and fees and red-tape.. so what?

Is nobody taking notice that the sport is dying?

Bowling is just getting rediculous with all of these procedures and lane conditioning policies and accreditation courses for managers of state teams and having High Performance coaches for Rachuig and the rest of it...

Get back to basics!

At the end of the day the sport is about enjoyment, and bowlers saying to each other "you think you're better than me? See you out on the lanes!!".

Get that back, and the sport will fix itself.

OK then! Northern Country Challenge people. The ball is now in your court. Post the accreditation number here ASAP. For the sake of preventing further angst from your bowlers who bowl in this event!

I put it to you, the committee organisers, to do as the TBA chairman has requested so that Daryl gets what he worked so hard for and is entitled to.

If you can't post it here, then we know who is to blame for this absurd calamity.

Looks like Daryl, you have some peoples' attention now mate. Can i also say that regardless of the TBA, the issue ssems to me that they don't have a sanction number for this event as per the chairmans' post obviously.

SO ONCE AGAIN NCC PEOPLE, POST IT, IF YOU EVEN HAVE ONE. IF YOU DONT, BE HONEST AND LET IT BE KNOWN HERE FOR THE SAKE OF THE BOWLER AT QUESTION AND HIS ACHIEVEMENT AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALL WHO BOWL IN YOUR EVENT.

Let’s be realistic here a little…I cannot see issues with accrediting an event whether it be a local association event right through to a National Event…Perhaps I don’t agree with the charges sure, but for people to ask why we need events accredited is a bit silly…I know that 290+ games, 300 Games, 800 or 1000 series mean a lot more to some people than others but at the end of the day people need to be recognised for their achievements regardless…It really is up to us as a bowler to check to see if the event IS ACREDITED before we pay our money, if it isn’t then, you as an individual make the decision to bowl in it or not…Shouldn’t take it a gospel that the event would be accredited…I have seen this happen just recently and feel for those that didn’t get there high games recognised…

Surely people understand why you must have accreditations in place regarding events, either that or anyone could put on an event and set the pattern to suit themselves and all of a sudden your bowling a 300 every game, and all sorts of scores…
If the event is sanctioned I cannot see and issue, if it isn’t I cannot see how TBA are at fault…

As for wondering why we need procedures and lane conditioning policies and accreditation courses for managers of state teams and having High Performance coaches for Rachuig and the rest of it, perhaps that’s for another thread topic…

Just my thoughts…

The problem here is not if Northern Country Challenge was accredited or not (it was as far as everyone was concerned), its what catagory it was accredited under. For the last 20 odd years it has been accredited as a travelling league (forms were sent in and processed by TBAL and certificates were recieved by NCC), awards were acknowledged including high games(a 300 only a couple of years ago). Now TBAL are saying that after all these years it should be classed as a TOURNAMENT and not a TRAVELLING LEAGUE.

Why this has changed is what we are trying to find out, why were our forms accepted and processed when they now say that they are wrong? Answers are few and far from the TBAL and that is what is getting everyone hot under the collar. If it was just a clerical error then well and good, but we as bowlers can only go by our governing body and our governing body (the TBAL) were just as much at fault as us.

In all good concience the TBAL should grant this young boy his 300 as it seems to be that errors occured on both sides and whether its a TRAVELLING LEAGUE or a TOURNAMENT there was an accreditation certificate its only the name on that certificate that is being disputed.

Sandra

When did TBA tell the NCC that accreditation had to under Tournament and not Travel league???Was it after they gave you an accreditation Number or before. Did they advise you in writing, about the changes or did they process your application and say nothing:confused:

The question I would ask is your NCC a travel league or not and if so why does TBA not recognise the NCC as a travel league.

What is the difference between a travel league and a Tournament accreditation. How many centres are involved in this challenge:confused:

Maybe NCC should get the TBA State Manager involved, is that not why Alex has appointed them to help sort out this matters.

In hindsight,if TBA has accredited this event as a travel League and they seem to have several years of history then they should bite the bullet and acknowledge the award. This might be a good publice relation excercise for TBA and let the bowlers thru-out the nation see how our National Body handles difficult situations:(

I don't see where the problem is or why the TBA are being blasted for this. From what is stated in this thread, it's a simple case of the tournament directors not accrediting the event even though they advertised it as accredited.

If an event or a league or a centre or a bowler is not accredited then why should the TBA hand out awards? You don't get one if you bowl it during practice do you? This may seem like a "technicallity" to some people, but then knocking back a no-tap 300 because you didn't really get all the pins down is also a technicallity.

It doesn't matter if every bowler there was a TBA registered bowler, the entry form said it was accredited, the entire staff of the TBA sat and watched every ball and the centre has TBA accredited lanes, the event wasn't a TBA event so to be blunt, tough luck. I understand the dissapointment in bowling your first 300 and not getting an award for it, I think a number of us have been there when we bowled one in practice or in an unaccredited league.

The lesson to be learned is maybe we should be more aware when entering leagues and tournaments and make sure we site the accrediation certificate or number rather than taking someones word for it. Isn't there a rule somewhere about Entry forms having to state the accreditation number? If not, there should be so that bowlers aren't left in this position.

If an event or a league or a centre or a bowler is not accredited then why should the TBA hand out awards? You don't get one if you bowl it during practice do you? This may seem like a "technicallity" to some people, but then knocking back a no-tap 300 because you didn't really get all the pins down is also a technicallity.
It doesn't matter if every bowler there was a TBA registered bowler, the entry form said it was accredited, the entire staff of the TBA sat and watched every ball and the centre has TBA accredited lanes, the event wasn't a TBA event so to be blunt, tough luck. I understand the dissapointment in bowling your first 300 and not getting an award for it, I think a number of us have been there when we bowled one in practice or in an unaccredited league.

Tough luck ?! Im not talking about bowling a 300 in a practice game or a 9-no-tap. I bowled it in a tournament, in front of 100+ people. They have been doing the paperwork for our NCC the same for the past 10 years or whatever and were never told that, A) the rules n regs changed and, B) That they were filling the paperwork in wrong for the past 6 years or so. Nobody done anything wrong here, its just lack of communication.

Let’s be realistic here a little…I cannot see issues with accrediting an event whether it be a local association event right through to a National Event…Perhaps I don’t agree with the charges sure, but for people to ask why we need events accredited is a bit silly…I know that 290+ games, 300 Games, 800 or 1000 series mean a lot more to some people than others but at the end of the day people need to be recognised for their achievements regardless…It really is up to us as a bowler to check to see if the event IS ACREDITED before we pay our money, if it isn’t then, you as an individual make the decision to bowl in it or not…Shouldn’t take it a gospel that the event would be accredited…I have seen this happen just recently and feel for those that didn’t get there high games recognised…

in response to this. of course he presumed it was accredited as this event has been running as a sanctioned event for over 20 years.

The problem here is not if Northern Country Challenge was accredited or not (it was as far as everyone was concerned), its what catagory it was accredited under. For the last 20 odd years it has been accredited as a travelling league (forms were sent in and processed by TBAL and certificates were recieved by NCC), awards were acknowledged including high games(a 300 only a couple of years ago). Now TBAL are saying that after all these years it should be classed as a TOURNAMENT and not a TRAVELLING LEAGUE.

in response to this! this is a total cop out. where do you get off saying something like that. are you on the organising committee? if you are, you should be sacked, effective immediately. that is an out and out excuse. ALL bowlers i know who bowl in this event (thank god i dont after what ive seen now!), some of which im led to believe have bowled in it for at least 15 years, believe that the appropriate sanctioning is correct and should not have to be concerned with those issues. this is why you have an elected committee to check, double, triple, quad check, that the correct paperwork is done and to the letter. people dont bowl in events and travel countless kms on a sunday morn to only be told that their achievements are null and void. this is hogwash!

I don't see where the problem is or why the TBA are being blasted for this. From what is stated in this thread, it's a simple case of the tournament directors not accrediting the event even though they advertised it as accredited.

then does the bowler deserve to be penalised for this? NO!

TOUGH LUCK. you are kiddin mate. i am not even going to dignify such a ridiculous statement with a response.

i cant believe this isnt sorted STILL. TBA and NCC people. get your heads out of your proverbials and give this bloke the recognition he deserves. stop dribbling excuse after excuse here and do something about it.

need i say anymore.

The lesson to be learned is maybe we should be more aware when entering leagues and tournaments and make sure we site the accrediation certificate or number rather than taking someones word for it. Isn't there a rule somewhere about Entry forms having to state the accreditation number? If not, there should be so that bowlers aren't left in this position.
i cant believe you said TOUGH LUCK how would u feel if you bowled your first 300 game and was told TOUGH LUCK it is not recognized would you be happy ? i dont think so. when i bowled my first one i was told that the pins were not legal and i was pissed off until i found out that the person weighing them weighed them the wrong way so id be pretty pissed if my first 300 was not recognized . some people can bowl alot of them but some only get one chance of perfection in their sport . all i am saying is dont pick on the bowler for bowling it was not his fault for being perfect on that day

The issuing of accreditations is one area that in the past has been not well done.

And that statement says it all.

John for heavens sake be realistic. These people sincerely believe they did the right thing with regard to the accreditation.
Standing on your dignity and demanding the accreditation number will win you no friends.

How many Associations or Tournament Directors even bother to retain the accreditation certificate after the event?

These aren't bowlers who are trying to outsmart the system, they are seasoned members of your organisation who genuinely believe TBA have made a mistake.
And it wouldn't be the first time would it?

At a time when you are struggling for members you need all the good will you can get and your current reaction may save the awarding of 1 high game but you may well finish up paying a high cost in membership renewals.

If the centre was accredited, the lanes were sanctioned every player was a current financial member of the TBAL & all the paperwork was filled in sent in & accepted by the TBAL then the award should be given out regardless if it was a tournament or a travelling league
In the early nineties i was involved in a similar situation where i bowled in a grand prix tournament at Southgate which i won & during the tournament i bowled a 300 which was initially rejected by the then ATBC on the ground that the lanes had not yet been sanctioned i argued how can they give out a sanction number to a tournament with unsanctioned lanes i also sought legal advice & was advised i could sue if it wasn't passed but it never come to this as they realised they were in the wrong & passed my 300. BUT IT SEEMS SOME 18 YEARS ON & PRESUMABLYA BETTER COMMITTEE NOTHING CHANGES & i will ask again what has the TBAL done to promote the wonderful sport of bowling
show some initiative & give the guy the award he deserves & perhaps it might be the first step towards the promotion of the sport

Its times like these Tenpin Bowling needs a players associations. I hope the TBA do the right thing and give this bloke his 300 award which he has earned.

Surely if the following three rules from the Accreditation Requirements were followed, then this dispute would have or should have been avoided.

3. All tournament accreditation applications should be submitted prior to the printing of entry forms and
promotional material. Tournament Accreditation applications that are submitted after the printing of entry
forms may not comply under the Tournament Accreditation requirements.
4. The minimum period for submitting a Tournament Accreditation application is (1) month prior to the
tournament commencement date. Applications submitted after the tournament has commenced will not be
processed. Tournament accreditations will not be issued if payment has not been received
5. Entry forms, poster and/or tournament rules must be submitted with the accreditation application. (These
items should be submitted in draft form as early as possible to enable TBA to counsel in event of possible
rule violations and/or discrepancies prior to the printing of promotional literature).

TBAL would have had time to request ammendments to the accreditiation and NCC would surely have had time to challenge or ammend TBAL's request.

Sounds to easy though.

Rob

The problem here is:
Is this a league or a tournament?

If it is a tournament then yes it should have been accredited with TBA
If it is a league be it travel or in-house does this need to be accredited with TBA.

If yes to the above then most of the 300's shot in leagues should not be granted.

Does this mean that every travel league needs to be accredited as a tournament every time they move from one centre to another?

Well after speaking to a few people tonight i am led to believe the following:

That the sanctioning that the NCC had was the same as it always has been and now the TBA are saying that this is worng and should have been sanctioned as a tourney, not a travelling league, which it is.

If this is the case, then i retract the statement i made with regards to the NCC committee and sincerely apologise for certain comments i have made towards them. Further to that, if this info as above is accurate, then the appropriate people at the TBA need to resolve this and rapidly.

You cannot have a situation whereby a bowler has achieved such a feat, which some bowlers go all their lives and never achieve the dream of being perfect for a single game, only to say, no you cant have this recorded in the record books because of arguing over wether the paperwork is right or not.

Bowlers fork out their hard earned and travel substansial distances in this event to enjoy themselves and have a great day and the event does not deserve to be tainted because of the TBA changing the goalposts all of a sudden.

So, TBA, to prevent a disgrace and further damaging PR, i now throw it to YOU, to fix this and urgently.

Many people reading these posts may ask themselves "whats all the drama over one 300 game being approved?" Well it appears to me that many of the bowlers in this region are asking the same question as I am. "What if had been me? If after almost half a century of trying to bowl a perfect game without success the miracle happened and I actualy produced one and through a technicality, a clerical error or what ever I was denied recognition." To say I'd be angry is an understatment.
It should be clear by now that what ever went wrong the intent of the N.C.C. was to be sanctioned, accredited or what ever you like to call it with the TBA.
In the past couple of years the TBA's committment to it's members has been called into question both on the Total Bowling Forums and in Bowling centres across the country. Surely this is the ideal opportunity for the TBA officials to show both leadership and compassion to their members and approve this young man's 300 game.

I think it would be extremely sad if Darryl missed out on being recognised for this feat over what sounds like a simple misunderstanding or miscommunication regarding the sanctioning of this event. This is my first year on the competitive bowling scene, and having come close on so many occasions without yet achieving it, I can only imagine how I would feel if I had bowled that 300 only to find out that it was not going to be recognised.

John Coxon, you acknowledged in one of your posts that "The issuing of accreditations is one area that in the past has not been well done".

In the few months that I have been a member of this site, I read a lot to suggest that there is frustration and in some cases anger toward the TBA for apparently not doing enough for the sport. I, myself, have not had enough experience to be able to make that judgement one way or another, but this is a very big chance for the TBA to restore some of the goodwill that appears to be missing by awarding Darryl the award that he, and just about everyone else, thinks he is entitled to.

Regardless of who is a fault for this apparent simple oversight in paperwork, surely there can be some flexibility in the guidelines at somewhere to be able to recognise this achievement. How about it John?

i think you are waisting your time, egomaniacs never admit they made a mistake
BOWLING CENTRES STOP PAYING YOUR ACCREDITATION FEES & i bet things will change for the better

This post has been blown out of preportion. The organisers and TBA are working on it so the NCC can be sanctioned properly and the awards recognised. The bowlers should not have been informed until the situation was resolved.

This will make organisers and bowlers learn to keep their mouth shut until situations are resolved as this has made the matter worse.

And yes, the sport is dying because nobody wants to listen to the people with knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom