Are the Number of 300 Games Slowing Down?

Easy Tiger

As the title suggests, are the number of 300's slowing down in Australia as compared to previous years?

This year so far on the TBA website, updated to the beginning of April, there were 14 recognised 300's bowled in Australia. At the end of March there was 13 bowled in 2006.

Compare this to March last year, 2005, where there were 35 recognised perfect games shot by the end of March.

In summary:

March 2006 - 13

March 2005 - 35

March 2004 - 30

March 2003 - 34

March 2002 - 27

March 2001 - 27

March 2000 - 30

March 1999 - 20

March 1998 - 23

March 1997 - 4 (listed)

March 1996 - 15

March 1995 - 11

March 1994 - 9

March 1993 - 7

March 1992 - 6

March 1991 - 7

If this is correct, this would show a definate and significant drop in the number of 300 games shot so far this year. Makes for interesting reading and analysis if these figures are correct.

Interesting statistics, I wonder how this compares to the rest of the world?

There seems to be quite a few 300 games missing from the recognized list at TBA................I know of at least 6, 300 games bowled in and around Brisbane which do not appear on that list.

The number of 300 games IMO has not decreased, maybe the number recognised or sanctioned has, but judging by all the congradulatory threads on this site, a 300 game being bowled is a regular occurrence, if not an everyday event some where in Australia.

Neville

well i know luke raftons and mark robinsons 300 games at the brisbane roll offs arent up yet and that was before april

I also noticed that there do not post all 300 games , as I know 300 games at logan city over the perid of years are not on the list
I could be wwrong but is it out to the center to notify TBA about 300 games , but happen if there do not?

Missing from the list, to name a few...................maybe they weren't sanctioned games?

Adam Pringle
John Dunn
Brad Reggars
Ben Coupland
Steve Forester

I imagine the problem is a delay in processing the paperwork at the Coomera office.
I am pretty sure Peter Coburn puts all the info on the website as soon as he receives it from that office, and as there are several different Centres involved it can't just be down to the paperwork not being sent in.
There is an ongoing problem at that office with work processing and it does need fixing. Don't take my word, ask any Association Secretary.
This is not a criticism of the people in the office, however the present staffing arrangements do need a major overhaul.

Just looking through the listings there's a fair few honour scores - 300's, 299's and 298's - that have been shot here over the years that aren't listed.

As Andrew S said, probably a delay in processing the info, or in some cases, lack of info provided or misplacement of records as in the case of scores from a few years back.

We haven't had a sanctioned 300 in our centre since Norm Green shot one in early December 2004, quite a number of near misses though with 299's, 298's, 297's & 296's - there were four in 7 months leading up to that last 300.

One of those quirks of fate.

drfarek said:
I also noticed that there do not post all 300 games , as I know 300 games at logan city over the perid of years are not on the list
I could be wwrong but is it out to the center to notify TBA about 300 games , but happen if there do not?

the only 300 i know of at logan last yr is shane forst, i dnt think that is up and that was shot sometime ago

If this is the case, then I see it as a major issue.

Tenpin bowling is underfunded and all the rest, but we need to get our act together and not only act like a sport, but also have the administration of a sport, not a recreation.

If Matt indeed shot 7 last year alone, then why haven't they been put up? I mean that's last year, that should have been done and clarified a long time ago.

Records need to mean something, to be a part of our history. I mean the record for highest series by an Australian isn't even correct (on the TBA website it lists Paul Trotter in Latvia with 898.. it was 896. 300, 298, 298). I see these small things as important.

All major records should be up to date, including who has shot how many 300's. For example, George should be up there with 26 recognised 300's. Otherwise, who's counting? It's like saying "I've hit 32 First Class Centuries in cricket", except that Cricket Australia can verify that I haven't. Can TBA verify such claims about 300's in the way records currently are kept and "updated"?

This isn't a shot at anyone at TBA, they have done their best to update records from previous years with the resources available. What I am saying is that I believe records should mean something to our sport. I'm at a loss as to why those 300's mentioned aren't up there - "sanctioning" only involves checking the pins (I've been there when my 298 was approved as an honour score as I work in the centre I shot it so yes they do actually weigh the pins), check ball weights for legality (a 10 minute job maximum), and proving it was in an accreditated league or tournament. That's about it. I can't see why it would take so long to have those things verified? Then again, it took from July until mid-November to get my plaque, so maybe it does take that long.....

Also too, while I think of it, there used to be a site that had all the honour scores listed, not just the 300's like TBA site has now (there used be 299's and 298's listed on the TBA site as well unless I'm going senile LOL) - as well as documented 300's that had been shot and the tournament had not been sanctioned.
I think a lady by the name of Jan Morton used to operate it - and it also had a pretty reasonable number of state by state tournament records.
It was a very good site from memory, not sure where it is now.

Further to my comment re the processing of information in the Coomera Office, an additional cause of delays can also be put down to local processing. When your high game or series is bowled in League the league secretary gives the paperwork to the Area or Centre Secretary who should then pass it on to TBA for their records.
When it happens in Tournaments the Tournament organiser fills out the form and forwards it to TBA.
Awards themselves, - Patches and Plaques - come direct from National Awards in Beenleigh, and in fairness to them once they get the paperwork from the bowl their turn around is pretty good.
Not everyone understands that there are two different sets of paperwork which go to these two different locations.
It pays to question your Secretaries and TDs as to whether they have put the documentation in. Don't just sit back and wait. Get pro-active and ask the questions.

yea H fryer bowled opne at the old logan during the KaK that game is not on the lis tI think david bowling bowled on to on 2003 or 2004

If a high Game/Series isn't listed I also think it’s up to the bowler to chase things up if they are not happy. Some associations are not too quick to send the info to the TBA if at all. When I rolled my 300 last year I had to do allot of the chasing up myself, and in the end my local association didn't end up sending the info to the TBA like they said they would, I had to send it off myself 1 month later. After dealing directly with Peter from the TBA everything was done quickly with no issues. My name was on the TBA website and I received my TBA 300 plaque soon after.
I think allot of these issues come down to having all these groups and associations having different ways of doing things, and being organized at different levels.
Maybe we should look at cutting out the "middle man" and start dealing direct with the TBA.
Just my opinion.

Frosty:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom