High League Average ????

davybaby

THIS MAY BE OF INTEREST

What is the league average of the league you bowl in ?

Who has the highest in Australia ?

We claim the opening record, to start the ball rolling.

A singles league at Greensborough, Vic.

Mixed, 7 men, 7 women league average 202 as of 27/6/09.

Player list has 10 seniors and 4 under 40.

A few of them are legends, some that would like to be. Any guesses ?

Can others top this ?

David.

David,
There may be some interest as to who and where has the highest individual and league averages but in reality it is not a level playing field.

It is not so much a reflection on the bowling ability of those competing in the various leagues but more as to the "scoring" condtion of the lanes.
Some centres, regardless of whether they are part of a chain or private, make an effort to provide bowlers with an abnormally high scoring condition whereas other centres choose to save time and money on lane servicing with the result that scores are lower.

Cheers to all.

Highest league average? Guessing it would be someone in South Queensland. Everyone seems like they average 220+ there.

I'm currently avg around the 232 mark for 96 games at Logan but I am VERY sure there is a handful of bowlers at Aspley and Caboolture who exceed that :D

I did hear Matt Riley avg close to 240 for an entire season at Chester Hill a few years ago, thats the highest I have heard of........

Paul Robinson (Bluey) 227 ave over 69 games Boronia Amf Wednesday Nights
Doesn't count!
Lefty's can fudged it down anywhere they like, I think he might start bowling with his eyes open this season?
Huge series last night bluey!

Doesn't count!
Lefty's can fudged it down anywhere they like, I think he might start bowling with his eyes open this season?
Huge series last night bluey!

Get stuffed Darren. Keon Park has a bigger ditch than Boronia, I'm sure you will find higher averages over there. Thorpey finished Boronia season on 229.

Reckon Keon Park and Boronia might be on level par with ditchness?how many 300's have they both had this week!

ok fair enough our league has 96 bowlers 48 teams of doubles our league average is 186.with averages from 145 upto 216 is the high.

I'm currently avg around the 232 mark for 96 games at Logan but I am VERY sure there is a handful of bowlers at Aspley and Caboolture who exceed that :D

I did hear Matt Riley avg close to 240 for an entire season at Chester Hill a few years ago, thats the highest I have heard of........

thats about right George 239 for 39 weeks :)

wasnt exactly a tough shot :)

We mean high league average as per the standing sheet, all bowlers combined.

We bowl at Greensborough on a friendly pattern, Brunswick synthetic, wooden approaches. Our highest average is around 220 [ Andrew Tonkin ]

So can anyone beat this ??

David

David,
There may be some interest as to who and where has the highest individual and league averages but in reality it is not a level playing field.

It is not so much a reflection on the bowling ability of those competing in the various leagues but more as to the "scoring" condtion of the lanes.
Some centres, regardless of whether they are part of a chain or private, make an effort to provide bowlers with an abnormally high scoring condition whereas other centres choose to save time and money on lane servicing with the result that scores are lower.

Cheers to all.

Agree, but ours is not the easiest, but good centre. David.

Don't think there is higher at Aspley and Caboolture , George. Go to Overlanders league at Keon Park to see some unrealistic averages. There is also a Tuesday evening league with some high marks.

It's not how many you average, but what happens when the pressure is on.
Look at the national rankings.

David.

Hey Davy baby, go from country SA to Qld, 203 to 225 and you get to slow the ball down, and throw 6 300's in 9 months!!!!!

These days I try to stay away from easy houses. The only good they do is get you used to seeing lots of strikes on the sheet.

Back
Top Bottom