emerson shild team

yes david fresh blood but can this guys bowl as will as the guys that you have had in the team befor like somin d mack mick and my self????????? who is you zone agains??

There were only 24 entries for the Sale Cup as of yesterday
A 9
B 14
C 1

Max - I still hope we are on for Poached eggs before Emerson

Brendan D

Emerson Shield

[quote="Eraser"]Yeah that wouldnt be far off the mark chucky...all four of the other teams are very capable. All bar perhaps a couple of the Ballarat side have the ability to shoot a mean 200 average on the day.
Its a bit of a rough trot for the other four teams, because i believe they are all capable of a good finish in the final. It's a shame that only two can go through....especially when your rolling off for one spot... :wink:

Not that it really matters, your only rolling for place money in the final anyhow!

I understand that the idea of the zone roll offs is to cut the numbers down competing in the final, and i understand that it's conducted in "zones" to keep travel down (especially for a clash of say mildura and warrnambool) but perhaps an alternative fairer way would be to randomise the zone finals. Put all the teams intending to roll off in a hat and draw out four or five teams for each roll off. I just find it a bit unfair if you are in a strong zone where gaining a spot in the final is difficult, as opposed to another zone where theres perhaps one good team and the rest of the teams are just making up numbers for the zones.
As chucky mentioned, the zone including Geelong, Warrnambool, Melton,Colac and Ballarat is a very strong zone, where all five sides are more than capable of mixing it with the best in the final. Unfortunately, 3 of these guys will miss out on making the final, even though they may have more ability than another side from a less competitive zone who has made the final.

Just food for thought...

DaN[/quote]

Just a note on your comments regarding Zone Finals. They were intorduced by Goldpin Victoria to give every Goldpin Centre in Victoria a chance to compete with using the lottery system. When ascertaining the zones it is unfortunate that some zone are stronger in players averages then other zones but at this stage that was the fairest way to conduct the tournament. As there are 21 Goldpin members in Victoria it was impossible to have a tournament that would allow everyone to bowl and still submit both a male and female team. However seing there are so many number crunchers out there I am sure that you could all devise a revised Emmerson shield that could cater for all centres in the group and still have some practise lanes available as well. :p :p

the system cant be fixed unless sunraysia is prepared to travel to sale for a zone final, because the only way the zones can be manipulated for fairness, is to allot them according to how they finished last year, and i don't think it would be fair or economically good to ask for these things to change.

am i bowling sale cup ???

been thinking about

Just remember...it was only 10 pins at Warnambool....10 lousy pins. We know you arent invincible, might have $100 at that 5/1 hehe

Emerson Shield

I figure that the odds on Geelong are way too short, After watching them struggle on their own lanes during the Vic championships I reckon they might not even make thru the Zone final. What a turn up that would be. Geelong holding the state final and not having the men's team there to stop the other centre's from taking home the trophy.
What are the odds on that.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the odds on geelong not making it past ballarat

1/1000000000000000

hey joe, whats happening down your way, your trials are finished, so who are the other 6 guys

i encourage you all to find reasons to why you all think you have the minutest of chances of pulling off an upset, it amuses me to think people, just can't face reality

IT'S A DONE DEAL, DON'T FIGHT WHAT IS NATURAL

MELTON 4/1

LATROBE VALLEY 45/1 (too much adaption from 20 units to 90 units)

BENDIGO 82/1

Hey Chucky

My apoligies there
You know how we are a bit slow in the country and no one told me that there are two months that start with J and have four letters :oops: so there is another four weeks to go
might give me a chance to practice on some oil :wink:

PS I was in Ballarat the other week and I can guarntee that the beer will be nice and cold, just make sure that you dont get frozen to the bar. Is there such a thing as bowling ball warmers

Hey Craig, Morwell won't know their team till end of July and you will be the first to know who is bowling. Like you thou we still have to bowl in the Zone final at narre warren and then we can work on a challenge for the Final............. I am sure that by the time we get to Geelong we will have plenty and plenty of oil on the lanes so the challenge is to have the right guys in the team that can handle oil..................

joe

are you unveling a secret ???

cause we know that its physically impossible to pour more oil out of that machine

can i smell kegel technology coming to morwell ???

would like to think so, cause its the only way to go

p.s CHALLENGE at narre warren, your jokin, you know you guys will cruise through the "DREAM ZONE"

see ya next weekend :wink:

LOL @ wozza

when drinking in ballarat, you must wear gloves when holding your pot, always wear a beanie, in case you have to think, and always wear socks for when you have to move anywhere important like to the loo.

i lasted 12 months in ballarat, that cold weather makes everyone cranky,

so the team plan is

i will turn up at lunchtime, bowl 4 games then go home, should avoid all that cold weather, and keep myself nice and warm and in form ready for some hot in ya face action at geelong in november :wink:

I reckon that's a good plan to come in after game 4. By that time Geelong will be so far behind that it would be a waste to bring you in for the last few games.Can you take a photo of Wazza in a beanie and gloves holding a pot for you........................

Socks in a pub??

What sort of night life do you have down there??

I believe that the correct term is mocassin :D

Not turning up until lunchtime - I think that might be a mistake at your age and with your crook elbow, I would be getting there a day earlier to warm up.

I wonder what drying (or is that oiling) patterns are worth on the Ballarat Black Market.

I have to agree with Joe there are no certanties in Morwell making it through the Zone final, Naree beat us 2 years ago in the zone final and Sale has come along way since the OLE OLE OLE days

Best of Luck to everybody bowling in the Sale Cup and hopefully return it to its former Glory

Joe - Be careful what you wish for as it might come true!

Chucky

Just a few words of advice, while I do agree that Geelong looks the goods. I would definately not be showing up after the 4th game or so...

Unless you have a talk to the tech's at Ballarat, the current condition isn't even holding up for one game of league, don't get me wrong it's better than what we used to bowl on but still a fair way to go yet.

I bowled on Tuesday and had to get out the old "Plactive Ball" for those who don't know this is the plastic reactive used for bowling between the camel humps.

i am only turning up cause i have to

the tougher the better

anyone heard from them warrnambool wimps yet???

and yes we know, that scotty is the only person online in colac, so we wait anxiously to find out whats happening there too

fear is for the weak

Hey maybe we can get some good odds on Geelong at Ballarat and Back up at Emerson.................

i asked chris mac after finishing at sale whether ballarat was as dry as the stuff i just bowled on

he assured me that they're not even close to being as dry as that

so geelongs odds off winning the ballarat - geelong double

1/100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"GAME OVER"

Back
Top Bottom