emerson shild team

Geelong being the team to beat... and the only team to beat them will be sunraysia... as i dont know the team as of yet... i have a feelin they will come close... rob, dean, ray, joe, dan, murray? umm i dunno who else.. but my odds are sunraysia with the upset of the year with the strength to also beat the home side at c/cup in 2005. its a big bet.. but im stickin to it.

Is it just a final this year without any zone qualifiers? think i'll ask ray whats going on next week, unless Haysey posts here first with something about it

no adrian the zone finals are still the go

geelong, warrnambool, ballarat, colac and melton

see you at ballarat, for some punishment for posting that pic

good minds remember these things :wink:

PETE ya dreamin, you been milking too many cows or something since you arrived in echoka

WOZZA

good to hear from you

if i wanted to scare people, i would throw this line up at you

craig chandler
david carmichael
anthony flynn
peter flynn
paul campbell
len hogg
steve kiss

then you would be having night mares, instead of wet dreams of maybe kidding yourself of having a chance :D :D :D

Chucky

What was wrong with the original team - having second thoughts already :? or is this a kink in the Geelong armoury? You know the story the bigger they are the harder they fall (I just hope that you have packed a parachute - wouldnt want you gettin concussion falling from that great height)

You know as well as I do it takes a team effort to win these tournaments and there is no I in TEAM
(We won CCup 99 with the worst lineup that Latrobe Valley had ever sent away and vice versa)

On a more serious note Is there going to be a dinner/dance or function organised for the Saturday night of Emerson Shield?????

Geez, no spot for Russell Smith in your dream team! shame on you [-X I'm guessing you haven't forgotten me bringing up the picture(dutifully posted by the the Boss Man) of that junior superstar in the white trousers from many years ago too.

my tip by a mile would have to be geelong, mooroolbark no chance as they proved last year take them away from a ditch and they become unstuck very quickly :D

russells body isn't as smick as it used to be, or he would have been ontop of the list

concussion, yeah i've had that, developed it in march, they told me we lost country cup and that you towelled me, but i just can't seem to remember, it seriously couldn't have happened :wink: :wink: :wink:

dinner dance no idea

mooroolbark 5-1 geelong aint going to be as hard as morwell

mentone 500-1 dark horse hey

melton 8-1 i know enough to not let me fall into any trap

hey mac, how come yourself, trotts etc dont bowl emmerson for mooroolbark???

bryan, what are you saying, i'm always serious :wink:

we dont bowl emerson shield for mooroolbark because they do trials during league and you dont always end up with not the strongest team as you could imagine.also we both only actually sub there now.dunn shield is our priority and if you guys blitz as much as you say i am sure the winning mens dunn shield team would be willing for a match to put you emerson guys back in your place. :D
thanks mac stewart
how about them apples

Geez i thinks themz fighting words!!! sounds like a good challenge. shall be good to watch.

i agree mac its not the best selection system at all. stringing 20 descent games across 5-6 weeks of bowling is not that hard especially at mooroolbark.

if we were to hav our best side who knows.......but id hav to say geelong will be clear winners

cheers

parlbs

Still agree that Geelong is the team to beat. Not to sure about the comment from Mac about take us away from a ditch Mooroolbark fail, as they did win the title at home and away (Shepperton at that), and the away win was not on an easy condition. Most people who bolwed would have to agree with that.

Yes Moorrolbark was very poor at Morwell last year, but the team did not really work together, as a team and that hurt. The team harmony from the past couple of years was not thier and the team suffered from that, as we did not work together to ensure the game & overall points.

Still no idea about the Mooroolbark team as yet. Or our format for team selection.

The fighting words have been around for the last couple of years of Dunn Shield vs Emmerson Shield. Still has not happened, but who knows maybe one day it actually will.

Hey Bookie

How about some real odds

First 300
then go the running double and pick the pair of lanes (11-12 would be firm favourites wouldnt they)

Team Crackin 1200 (Hate to be on the flispside of this)

Shouldnt be to hard on those magnificent lanes at Geelong

Actually i'd be happy if Melton ever got the chance to 'defend' its last Dunn Shield win one day(just boot Forest Hill for a year!, seeing thats who we got a$$ed for!!)

odds update

300 game - 300/1

300 game on 11 & 12 - 100/1

1200 team game - 25/1

zone odds

geelong - colac 2/1
geelong - melton 3/1
geelong - ballarat 10/1
geelong - warrnambool 25/1

shepparton - mildura 2/1
shepparton - bendigo 5/1
mildura - bendigo 5/1
shepparton - echuca / wodonga 50/1
mildura - echuca / wodonga 50/1

ed flemming - werribee 2/1
ed flemming - mentone 10/1
werribee - mentone 50/1

latrobe valley - narre warren 5/1
latrobe valley - sale 10/1
narre warren - sale 50/1

3/1 on millsy putting in a complaint about my tactics i employ to combat the tactics wozza and motta use on us

1/5 on me throwing another 250+ at millsy

10000/1 andrew and marin would travel over the border to bless us victorians with their talents, 20000/1 if they swam over the border

3/1 pete will get every game for echuca

2/1 on rooboy saying he isn't trying when averaging 220+

even money says mildura will not clean sheet geelong ever again

10000/1 says i will never wear white slacks again

heard late mail, that 2 geelong bowlers won't be turning up until lunchtime at the zone final, as they have no fear in the team functioning properly to that stage

i heard a rumour latrobe valley had oil, but that rumour was quashed in a game of country cup, after the bookie himself, told the field that there was more chance of finding "weapons of mass destruction" in his back yard, than morwell having oil

which put me onto a new idea, instead of calling it morwell, it should be named moroil :wink:

best bet GEELONG
worst bet PBA CHAMPION wayne chester bowling for his adopted home town of BENDIGO

who are in this team
warrnambool
colac
melton it should be a good sunday of bowling in ballarat and it will
be good to see hope the top two teams will be but i think if is going to be a good fight for 2 spot to go to the next stage

nice odds... but some i will have to disagree on... im sure others will as well... hehe hopefully i can get the time off to come down.. it will be worth it even if i wont be bowling...

Well havent been on here for ages because my computer is stuffed, bit like geelong were when we beat the 7-0 and cost them countrycup and craig it will happen again. Also whats the odds of me using one of the many tricks that you taught me on you again??? if u dont remember craig just think of the first time we played you at Country Cup this year. I couldnt beleive that u fell for it. HAHAHAHA

Oh yeah by the way Kev the G-String fits just nicley, could u pass that on to young Rowie..

Cant wait to catch up with all of ya..

Ciao for now.

Deano

AdrianS said:
Geez, no spot for Russell Smith in your dream team! shame on you [-X I'm guessing you haven't forgotten me bringing up the picture(dutifully posted by the the Boss Man) of that junior superstar in the white trousers from many years ago too.

I think i have the pic here somewhere still, maybe we could chop his head onto the old pic ? :lol: :lol: Is it just me, but the hair hasnt changed much since ? 8)

Our roll=off is on June 27th I believe...

And ironically, we beat Warnambool in pinfall last year in the zone roll-off, and were only 10 lousy pins behind Geelong, but lacked match wins and ran third :( If we get a few wins this year, we are unstoppable!

See ya there.
Adam

Back
Top Bottom