Berri is on for 2009 - Squad listing below

That's good thinking Tony, you should apply some of that way of thinking to Seniors!!

I too will be there next year, made a deal with my daughter so I can attend every second year!! It is a good tournament, at our age Tone we just go to make up the numbers!!

Tony

Well guys l bowled in this tournament and being only a very average bowler thought at the end of my 10 games they can stick it l was not coming back, however after reading the more positive threads on here and thinking about it l thought bugga it l will go back but instead of throwing the shot that works on lanes in Adelaide (ditches) and then throwing the knitting in the air because it is not happening l will actually look for a shot that will work on the condition put down (one could call it a double challenge - beating the lanes as well as your opponents)... As for the bowl the management and the way it was run it was second to none and yes l will have another crack at it next year all being well.... To the finalists congratualations and well bowled....

Just about word for word how I summarised my weekend.

Great attitude to have mate....

Well after caling down and reading some of my post, i guess i am being a bit harsh and i'll take back some of what i said:sorry:. I bowled **** and i have no one to blame but myself. A little bit more practice would have been good but what the hell......Can some please tell me how we are ment to practice for such tough condition when the only time we see them is in a tourney such as berri. I mean there is genraly no need to play such a disiplined shot because our house patterns don't require it. Do we need to make it a little harder on a weekly basis?

Absolutely, you can practice for it during league. Try changing your angles, your breakpoints, your lines, etc, etc, etc. The more types of shots you become comfortable playing, the more chance you will have finding the line you need to play on any condition. A 15 to 10 board 210 ave wont work everywhere you go. Don't be pressured to shoot or hold a 210+ ave in league. If your goal is tournament based, focus on that, if its winning the league, play the house pattern. Its not always about the best score, some of the best games i have ever shot, have been mediocre at best.

Personally league for me is another form of practice, but the more competitions (with different conditions) the better you will become at adjusting.

I would love to see a league that puts a different professional conditions each week. I would join it without a second thought.

However that's just my thoughts. :)

Well after caling down and reading some of my post, i guess i am being a bit harsh and i'll take back some of what i said:sorry:. I bowled **** and i have no one to blame but myself. A little bit more practice would have been good but what the hell......Can some please tell me how we are ment to practice for such tough condition when the only time we see them is in a tourney such as berri. I mean there is genraly no need to play such a disiplined shot because our house patterns don't require it. Do we need to make it a little harder on a weekly basis?

Now you're thinking, bowling on a tough condition occasionally only highlights how crap most of us are. Bowling on it week in week out will get you playing shots and reading the lane rather than aimlessly sending the ball towards the gutter.

After calling Steve at berri today and apologising for acting like a D***head on this forum re the oil conditions...I realise that he is a great bloke who is doing the best he can to run a tourney for us which he doesnt have too. Steve, once again sorry and i'd like to bowl next year and i'll bring some mates if you'll have us:D.

After reading all the messages on here, all the good and the bad, I just want to say that, I had the best time ever...I enjoy meeting all the bowlers and having fun with them smome of them...It is so good to hear that the service we offer is appreciated...some of the bowlers didn't bowl as good as they hoped to and others did really well....some slept through and missed the the 2nd stage... In my eyes we achieved what we set out to do.. Next year will be just as good... I hope to see lots of you guys & gals back next year and new faces as well...Thanks everyone for supporting The Riverland Cup...See you all next year....Anne :)

Back
Top Bottom