You know you love bowling too much when....

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Just to kick you off, he's a post that are very popular on the PBA forum, it had me stitches

* Instead of sneaking out to meet another women you sneak out to go bowling!!

* When your licence plate on your car says, "I'D RATHER BE BOWLING"

* You drive 300 miles out of your way to visit the Bowling Museum.

* The 8 bowling balls you take to league are worth more then the car you are driving in.

* You drive 120 miles each way to bowl league, because the "competition" level is higher.

* You honestly believe that the shoe spray behind the counter is your personal deodorent.

* You take this forum way too seriously.

* You would rather take a bowling magazine to bed than your wife.

* The hall you used for your wedding recption has a six lanes in the back (mine did, and yes, that was the deciding factor)

* You tell you’re in laws you can't make the "family" Christmas party because you have a tournament that weekend.

* You gotta bowl lead off in your early league, so you can get out of there early and make the late league in a center 30 miles away by the end of the fifth frame.

feel free to add yours
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Androo, I have been in that situation. In 1985 my house in Sydney burnt down the morning before the final day of the Rachuig trials and OF COURSE the bowling balls were the first thing out (followed by the golf clubs).

Fortunately I made the team in the last game, then went and looked for somewhere to live LOL

* instead of paying the power bill, you buy the latest and greatest hook monster

* your house needs to be evacuated, and your bowling gear is the first thing you pack

hmmm....stax......I seem to remember a line from an old pin action where Tom said (and I quote) "I Sleep with my '48"......i wonder how sandy felt about the '48 in the bed...

hehehehehe...

Hi from Qld Tom !!!

Dale
icon_wink.gif

I had a real good giggle.
Or Drives for 3 hrs in between squads to bowl in two tournaments at the same time.(Bunbury Cup--Rosemount cup).
Made sense to Frawls.

Forget about the 48 in bed,what is Sandy feeding you.
Really slowing down in your old age..how did you juggle the squads,or did you miss the cut in one.
Thats about 300k,s one way.

Good choice of topic George.
Thanks sticks,...not.
Just wanted to give another example of what a bowling lover does.lol.
The short answer is that I ran 2nd in Bunbury,and not sure 4th or 5th at Rosemount.
I played 12 games in Bunbury for the cut,then 8 games late afternoon at Rosemount.
The following day i played 15 games matchplay and 2 in the stepladder,getting the doubles against Bin Al scoops,but missing out against Harty.Getting back just in time to bowl the final 8 games at Rosemount.
Got a little bit weary around game 12 of matchplay on day 3.
So just under 60 games in 3 days and about 1200-1400k,s of driving,and two lane conditions like chalk and cheese.
Service station food was far from high octane energy stuff,but at least my 3 league games a week ensured I had tons of stamina in reserve.
I guess the thing that it brought home to me was not the money side,but the self testing.A checkpoint.Was i now only full of crap or could i still achieve a standard that i could sleep comfortably with at nights.I left the door open with the optimism that if I bowled 6 games a week I could have done better.
Thats why i love bowling,no matter as each year goes by,everything is still so tantilisingly reachable.
I was pretty chuffed that while everyone was working out which t,ment to go into,i was mapping out a schedule that covered both,I was the lone ranger,give a tick to experience... if i had any doubts about my intentions or sanity,Frawls gave me comfort when he said had he known about Bunbury he,d have done the same..another fanatic and lover of the self testing.
The challenge in bowling is to ones self.

Good to see I'm not the only crazy one who would bowl 2 tournaments in 2 days. I did that this year with Capalaba Knock out Cup, 34 games at Capalaba and 10 games on the Saturday night with only 3 hours sleep. Ended up winning Capalaba and picked up $100 at Logan at the skins.

To get on with some more humorous replies

* When you can't smell the bowl on your clothes when you get home

* You honestly think Lane conditioner is a form of cologne

* You walk around with an invisable bowling ball in your hand throwing at least 50 "invisable" shots every day, and your don't know you're doing it

* Your pet has a bowling name

* Your wife averages 210 in three leagues with a couple of 300 games. Your ex didn't bowl.

* You know where the remote control for the pro shop tv is kept, and have permission to use it with out asking.

* Norm Duke and Brian Voss both have restraining orders on you

* You strip and resurface the wood floors in your home with alley equipment twice a week

* You spend New Years Eve bowling

* The first question you ask a woman before going on a date is "how much do you bowl?" If she says she doesn't bowl, suddenly something comes up.

* You think the woman who bought the same ball that you have is your soul mate

* You bowled pot games on friday night 'til 5am and slept on the pool table because you had to bowl the 9am shift in the next day's tournament

and then...............

* 4 out of your 5 New Year resolutions revolve around the New years bowling calendar

..... On your first 'date' you take your girl to watch you bowl in a two day tournament......

Ahhhh so what! We're still married 15 years later.... something must have worked out ok!!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

* You went to school across the road from the bowl, failed most of your subjects miserably because you spent all your time chatting up your boyfriend who was a mechanic on the machines. The same boyfriend who scored you your first job at the front counter and you ended up marrying.

icon_smile.gif

*You come up with stupid posts about bowling gods in the late hours of the night/early hours of the morning. AND actually believe in them, lmao @ myself, Shameful isnt it?
icon_wink.gif

GL & HS

Big B

When your mother wants 2 go bowl leauge, but your father has 2 convince her not 2 because shes going in2 labor!

TRUE STORY...she still hasnt forgiven me 4 makin her miss leauge!

*Instead of sleeping in you wake up at 6 to get to bowling!

*Knock back a day at the beach with skool friend to bowl in a torny ( skool friends think im a bowling freak)

*Instead of writing "i love ***" on ya hand on borng days at skool you write i love bowling and seriously if you do do that you are OBSESED!

*when your about to rip up the floor in your hallway to replace it with 6ft of lane (it didnt happen it turned into a work bench instead)

Dont be too shocked CB my brother actually did that. He is spending the first week of his honeymoon somewhere in Qld and then he is coming to Cannon Hill for the second week to bowl east coast cup.

hey planning ur wedding around the bowling calender is fine

But to have ur wedding inside the bowl is a bit sad

I heard some guy in the West did a few yrs back

Back
Top Bottom