World Cup 2006

willey said:
but one must consider we could'nt put them away with only 10 players.

I'm well and truly fed up of hearing this comment. It is a total cop out. Are people forgetting that Italy are ranked 13th, Australia are ranked 42nd? It was a huge mismatach in theory, yet many people still expected Australia to easily put them away with 10 men, despite the fact they're one of the best defensive teams in the world. The tragedy is that the Socceroos probably would've put them away if they weren't robbed of a chance to take the match to extra time. Sadly, we'll never known what might've been...

For those of you with any doubt (if any) about the decision, here is the moment which shattered Aussie hearts....:(

Attachments

• italyDive.gif
    italyDive.gif
    445.1 KB · Views: 98
Which ever acting school he went to, he must have paid off the teacher in some way or another.. much like with the ref. Or perhaps the ref is his "teacher"..

Hmm.

If I were into boxing I'd ask to be shown that replay before every bout. I'd never lose after seeing that, makes me so annoyed.

Seriously these refs are either totally f*cking useless, or clearly favouring the bigger nations.
Brazil 1-0 up on Ghana, the Brazilians go 2-0 up, awarded the second when they were clearly offside, the linesman in typical Officer Barbrady style "Nothing to seee heeeeeeeeeere" ignores it and walks away. :rolleyes:

Tiger said:
Seriously these refs are either totally f*cking useless, or clearly favouring the bigger nations.
Brazil 1-0 up on Ghana, the Brazilians go 2-0 up, awarded the second when they were clearly offside, the linesman in typical Officer Barbrady style "Nothing to seee heeeeeeeeeere" ignores it and walks away. :rolleyes:
spot on mate

funny how the 50/50 calls always go the way of the big guns.

Just watched Johnny Warrens Football Mission....

I would love to see this sport become the number 1 sport in Australia. The amount of work he put into the game he loved was incredible. He longed for the day that Australia qualified for the World Cup again, and whilst he was not with us to witness the victory against Uruguay or the subsequent matches, he would be very proud of the boys for the way they played over the last 8 months.

Nothing should be taken away from the effort the Socceroos and the Australian public have shown. I know of a few people who are now hooked on this great game, and have become members of Melbourne Victory FC. This is great to see. Hopefully Johnny's mission becomes a reality one day.

Bring on Asian Cup qualifiers!!

Found this over on the Soccer boards at Bigfooty, where someone posted screencaps of where someone vandalised the Wikipedia entry for Italy :lol:

italylol.jpg

italianfootball-1.jpg

86435poorwiki.jpg

This one is obviously misguided because we all know that Grosso is the real diver, but the sentiment is still hilarious.

Feral said:
Great post Boston Represent.
Two things for discussion:
1. What was the "thumb in the mouth" by the goal scorer meant to represent?
Feral
I can help you with the first one Mr Feral.. it's for SUCKERS Lol
Regards
Alex :D

Tiger said:
Found this over on the Soccer boards at Bigfooty, where someone posted screencaps of where someone vandalised the Wikipedia entry for Italy :lol:

This is absolutely priceless! It puts a smile on my face:)

It goes some way to help ease the pain of our agonising World Cup exit...

Back
Top Bottom