Why the unusual/unfair Australian Open squad times?

wchester

Bowling Tragic
I've just had a look at the live scoring update and noticed that A & b squads flip-floped for the final 8 games of qualifying, yet C squad is bowling last for both days. i find it strange that C squad got to, or had to, bowl late each day, depending on whether or not you see it as an advantage or disadvantage.

I understand that with only two qualifying rounds it would've been impossible to have each squad bowl in all three time slots, but is this really a fair way to run a major tournament?

I think all squads should have moved, A to B's time B to C's and C's to A, that way all squads were adjusting to a new time slot

not sure about on a national level. but i mostly assumed different squads were catered for people who have to travel to the event. Example if you live locally or within a couple of hours drive u could bowl an afternoon qualifying. But if u travel from far away you will mostly get there the night before, and can bowl early.

Some people might prefer to bowl a certain time of day. Once again, not familiar with how it all works at the Nats.

Back
Top Bottom