Who influenced you as a young bowler.

Can't be bother deleting my own posts... however, I will ban myself for 3 days. ;)

At least they bowled the tour, and Ron Williams was "Mr. King of the Hill"

Vic Bubniew? Talked me into buying my first bowling ball? From memeory it was a Columbia Yellow Dot (Ithink ?) Followed up by Steve Lovell and Ron Powell. Ian Bradford and Frank Ryan followed a few yeras later.

Jesus I'm old?

Cheers

David

Vic Bubniew? Talked me into buying my first bowling ball? From memeory it was a Columbia Yellow Dot (Ithink ?) Followed up by Steve Lovell and Ron Powell. Ian Bradford and Frank Ryan followed a few yeras later.

Jesus I'm old?

Cheers

David

Hi David,

Did you also take up wearing two tone flared pants. Those were Vic's trade mark tournament pants.

I can remember as a kid watching the colours change as he bowled, pretty impressive when you where only 8 or so. Pretty sure I saw a photo recently of them.

John.

I can recall having VHS tapes of PBA events delivered to our home (i think they might have come from Terry Maher??), and ripping the packages open to see if Amleto Monacelli or David Ozio had made the show that week... Amleto had those Brunswick Rhino's just destroying everything in sight, while Ozio was just so smooth and effortless...

I used to love watching guys like Steve Lovell, Billy Gardiner and Andrew Frawley bowl. But they were also great guys who were happy to have a chat and share their knowledge of the game.

Back
Top Bottom