Where do you target?

Actually, lets be fair on a house shot anywhere on the right half (or left for the lefties) is usually good for a pocket hit ;)

Actually, lets be fair on a house shot anywhere on the right half (or left for the lefties) is usually good for a pocket hit ;)

Interesting..........Apparently I've never bowled on a house shot in my whole life. Not Fair !! I want one!!!

I'll target around the arrows, making adjustments on the fly longitudinally. Usually no further than the far end of the splice and no closer than about 12ft, as the change in perspective seems massive beyond that. I use three point targeting with quiet eye. (Look it up, but don't get to hung up on the arithmetic.) As well as Bill Taylor's Target Lines. I also use Norm Duke's push away targeting to alter the loop of my swing according to my angle through the front of the lane. (Buy his DVD from Ken McLachlan. His number is on the back of my latest ball review. Worth every penny.) Cheers, Jason

I'll target around the arrows, making adjustments on the fly longitudinally. Usually no further than the far end of the splice and no closer than about 12ft, as the change in perspective seems massive beyond that. I use three point targeting with quiet eye. (Look it up, but don't get to hung up on the arithmetic.) As well as Bill Taylor's Target Lines. I also use Norm Duke's push away targeting to alter the loop of my swing according to my angle through the front of the lane. (Buy his DVD from Ken McLachlan. His number is on the back of my latest ball review. Worth every penny.) Cheers, Jason

You told me you just made it up as you walked down the approach lol

Well... There is that approach too! I have been known to alter the shot I committed to mid-approach. Must be my Piscean nature! :)

Whats all this BS, nobody really "targets" nowdays,
all you do is throw it towards a general area and rely on the Lane Tech and Management to take care of it for you.

I mentioned to my best mate recently, that I had not bowled a ball for weeks so when I had an hour to spare before an appointment, I decided to have a bowl. (you can't call it practice because I bowl so infrequently lately)
Anyhow, the point is, I knew due to lack of practice, that I would not bowl accurately so decided to use the edge of the house shot instead of my normal method of practice where I bowl through the centre of the pattern to reduce the assistance gained by the conditioning.
End result was 900 for 4 games. What a bloody joke !

A few years ago I may have been close to a 220 av bowler, when I practiced 3 or 4 days per week, travelled to tournaments regularly and in general, treated my bowling seriously. (unfortunately not so now)
There is no way I should be able to currently bowl a 4 game block, north of 750.

Why does the bowling industry think, the setting of such ridiculously easy lane conditions will entice people to bowl more ?
Surely this is not what brings people back to practice and improve their skills ?
As comparison, I'll use the other sport which uses handicaps, Golf, where playing a tough course is far more popular than playing at the Par 3 course. So why is bowling so different that it needs to be a putt-putt venue ?
If it gets any worse, you'll simply be able to phone in your 279/300av and not even bother to turn up. How boring and how long before the Lane Tech and Management find themselves out of a job because the place has closed down and the building turned into McDonalds

Back
Top Bottom