when bowling do you look at the arrows or the dots?

bigman

just wondering i look at the dots been doing it since i started bowling reactive about 1year 2 months ago and just tryed to change and been using the arrows and ive been all of the place since lol but looks like im going back to the dots again i have 1 game looking at the dots bowled 209 missed few spares lol lucky for the 5 bagger and the rest looking at the arrows 170-190 and bowlings going every where lol.
i only tryed it for a while cuz people sed you'll pick up better and all and its been the complete other way around lol.
in the one game that i did look at the dots i bowled alot more consistant i wasn't to phased about the score lol normally i would but yeh.

Look at your breakpoint instead, its not 1988 anymore. 40ft down the lane is your target and thru the arrows is more like a 'gunsight' Sort your angles out that way!!

Look at your breakpoint instead, its not 1988 anymore. 40ft down the lane is your target and thru the arrows is more like a 'gunsight' Sort your angles out that way!!

Does that mean I am actually doing something right?

The ball needs to get to there then turn...........ok, lets do that and see what happens.

I use dots when playing wet lanes, or down 5 board (silly inability to hit 1st arrow, too scared of the gutter I guess) Other than that, I feel there's too much error when missing dots, so i sight the arrows & break point normally.

We once had a techy who would sight just his break point 40 ft down the lane. He would also just walk up & bowl, & still managed to average over 200.

just wondering i look at the dots been doing it since i started bowling reactive about 1year 2 months ago and just tryed to change and been using the arrows and ive been all of the place since lol but looks like im going back to the dots again i have 1 game looking at the dots bowled 209 missed few spares lol lucky for the 5 bagger and the rest looking at the arrows 170-190 and bowlings going every where lol.
i only tryed it for a while cuz people sed you'll pick up better and all and its been the complete other way around lol.
in the one game that i did look at the dots i bowled alot more consistant i wasn't to phased about the score lol normally i would but yeh.
In answer to your question, YES, I do look at the dots and the arrows. Also I look at my stance location position, my alignment with the dominant eye in a centred line with the ball centre line in relation to the ball hand holding position....... But wait, there is more.
I visualise and look at my target line to the pins and see how it lines up with my visual target, exit point and the focal point. (three point targeting)....But wait, there is more.
All this and I have, as yet, not bowled a ball whether it be plastic, reactive, proactive, urethane, wood or rubber. I think to myself "it's hard here so I will play safe and use a
rubber". I can do all of the above and more well within the time constraints, from stepping onto the approach area to ball release, a total of ten and a half seconds.
All very mysterious and yet so easy to do. This and a lot of other stuff aids in creating and maintaining "repeatability"..........But wait, there is still more. Let's get down to the nitty gritty and reflect a little.
By now you should be, to use your words, "just wondering" when some assistance will be forthcoming. Well here it is for what it's worth. What you describe in your post tends to suggest a classic case of "knee jerking". There are two very simple and ever so easy ways of overcoming this very common complaint.
Firstly, consult a a sports physiotherapist, arrange and have a massage for the affected area and possibly buy a thermal knee support to put in an appopriate place.
Secondly, check the TBA website listings under the heading "Coachs and Officials". Select a coach, of your choice in your area and arrange to have some lessons to help you overcome these somewhat difficult, frustrating and tension laden bowling problems. I would suggest Ms. Gail Torrens (subject to availability) as she is extremely well versed over many years, a top of the line national coach, an excellent HP2 level and distinguished coach person and best of all "a class act".

Here's hoping you have some success in the not too distant future.
Fatblack.

On the soft, cuddly conditions these days, do people still aim?

I know I didn't this last season.... Stand left, throw right.... If that didn't work, hit it harder.

Back
Top Bottom