Where are they now

CHIN

Im extremely surprised the usual people bagging easy oiling patterns haven't been on there rocking horse about the Asian School Championships. Sooooooo much ammunition.

I guess you can only bang the same drum so many times, in the end if people want to only bowl on a ditch then that's what they'll get. I was surprised how many people whinged about the pattern at Epping yesterday for state champs. It's too wet, it's too long, it's different from the last pair, it doesn't normally play like this, blah blah blah. Fucking whingers, adjust you sooks and get on with it.
Personally I thought they dried very quick so constant moves were needed along with equipment changes. Was good to be challenged, pity more people didn't find it rewarding to have to work a bit harder. It sorted the men from the boys I heard someone say.

That's a good way to stop people complaining.

Start a thread about why people haven't started a thread to complain. :rolleyes:

Shit did I get it wrong? I complained about people complaining, DOH, I've just done it againoooohhhhh the hypocrisy.

In defence to the juniors, they didnt know an easy pattern was going to be laid, they have just bowled on what they were told to bowl on. On paper and when the pattern was laid back in Australia, it played tough it definitely wasn't a walk in the park.

So true Bec!
To start the story...They all bowled on the same lane condition!

To end the story...THE GREEN AND GOLD DOMINATED!!!

It certainly seems to have played easier than it looked on paper - 4.5:1 ratio. We laid it here, and there was a bit of area (but certainly not wide open!), but the carry was phenomenal if you were in the right zone. Long patterns with a bit of hold are always going to score pretty well for quality bowlers.
Maybe someone should lay it for one of the seniors events, see how the average senior spear chucker handles it. :)

Back
Top Bottom