Tournament entry fees..where do they go?

Brenton,

We get it here in Mandurah Brenton - so what is the schedule please - or without suggesting you should act as my PA - where can I find a schedule for future events on C31?

Thx and good luck in team selection whenever that is - Steve

Shoey,
I think Wayne is referring to MAJOR tournament flyers, ie Australian Open, South Pacific etc where no such breakdown exists.

Brenton,

given the course of discussion your probably right. i guess in starting the thread Wayne was a little open ended with his remarks. however he did say follow the link and check any of the flyers, just happened to be Junior Nats that i checked that's all. but i take your point.

surely those that play these tournaments you mention regularly have a rough idea of how the entry would be made up anyway and who really cares. if it was a concern people would ask or simply not enter the tournament. but i do take the point that rules and regs set by TBA require a breakup and it should be on the form in order to be complaint and receive accreditation.

surely we as a sport have more concerning issues than the break up of bowling fees for an event anyway. it seems a little on the trivial side to me when its obvious to the majority of bowlers that there are more pressing issues to be considered and concerned about

Thank you Brenton..no one wants to listen to me, so maybe they'll listen to what you're said above.

And yes, the TBA is allowing their rule to be overlooked. That doesn't make it right though does it? Someone's got to take responsibility, so why not the promoter. Similar to real life situations you might find yourself in. Just because you might be able to get away with breaking the law, doesnt mean you should!

Hi Wayne, why dont you ask TBA if you could take over the position looking after the accreditation of all ranked events. Then you could make sure that all entry form comply with all rules and regulations. I am sure that TBA would love to have you on board.:rolleyes:

If I had been looking after tournament accreditation, the Melbourne Tenpin Cup would've had to change their payoff structure as paying 1 in 2 just wouldn't have worked. ..unless the prize fund portion of each entry only amounted to $100, which was the figure paid to the last cash spot.

RULE 813 DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZE FUNDS

Under application for and receipt of TBA accreditation the Tournament Management agrees that the fund derived from
that part of the entry fee designated as “prize fee” will be held in trust in the name of the tournament. Such funds must
be returned to the participants in accordance with the following conditions:

3. When there are 100 or more entries in an event or division of an event, first place will not exceed 40% of the
total prize fund. Second place will be paid approximately one half of first place. The last place prize including
those paid for each last place tie must be equal to at least the amount designated as the prize fee

nb. the 2005 Melbourne Tenpin Cup received exactly 100 entries.

Am I picky?..yes! Do I follow rules? YES, I DO.
Either follow them or change them...can't have it both ways because that leads to selective enforcemnt of the rules, which is why the TBA has incurred my wrath in the first place.

Fair treatment for ALL bowlers, not just a select few!

Brenton,
We get it here in Mandurah Brenton - so what is the schedule please - or without suggesting you should act as my PA - where can I find a schedule for future events on C31?
Thx and good luck in team selection whenever that is - Steve

Steve, here is the schedule as posted back in December. I don't think anything has changed in Perth since then.

ADELAIDE C31
TUESDAY 7.30PM
THURSDAY 5.30PM
SUNDAY 12.30PM

BRISBANE BRIZ31
MONDAY 7.30PM
SUNDAY 2.30PM

PERTH ACCESS 31
MONDAY 10PM
THURSDAY 5.30PM

BUNBURY UHF42
THURSDAY 5.30PM

ALBANY UHF54
THURSDAY 5.30PM

MELBOURNE / GEELONG C31
FRIDAY 8.30PM
THURSDAY 3PM

SYDNEY TVS31
TUESDAY 5.30PM
FRIDAY 7PM
SUNDAY 11AM

OPTUS AURORA SATELLITE C1
THURSDAY 5.30PM W.A time (7PM Central Daylight saving time)

Anything else I can help with Steve, let me know

Thx Brenton appreciate all the help and research. By the way - I came across, the other day, the first edition of Strikeout with you and Burgo on the cover - another Perth Cup win in 1991..how many did you win..was it 5?

Thx again

Steve

PERTH ACCESS 31
MONDAY 10PM
THURSDAY 5.30PM

Monday night is a good TV tonight on Ch31.

Monday Night Wrestling (from Perth's own Explosive Pro Wrestling) @ 9pm and the Tenpin Bowling Show replay @ 10pm - TV could not get any better :)

Great work Tony and Brenton. Its fantastic seeing Tenpin back on free-to-air TV again. :D

Reading through the entire rules section would suggest that section 8 in general only applies - or was originally meant to apply - to local, area and regional tournaments such as city champs, etc bowled as separate events at set squad times. For instance, a strict enforcement of rule 825 means a check-in time cannot be enforced for any tournament. The fact that it follows section 7 - the basic rules for Annual Tournaments, which is specific for local/state/area association events, would also seem to support this view.

Back
Top Bottom