Where are they Now?

beammeupscotty

Hey thought i might see just where some bowlers and coaches are now, past president shield bowlers where they are now if there still bowling or not, even what job they are in now. Even if you can post on behalf of a bowler

cheers

People from all states please post

wow no replies... guess everyone's gone missing!

i moved from lismore to brisbane because lismore was a ****-hole basically, scored a job as a stevedore working for P&O ports - no, not the cruise line :p
still bowling after all these years and living it up in the big smoke.

well, i was a part of northern nsw for a fair few years so i guess i'll rattle off some names i'm aware of. you may or may not know of them...

anthony maguire - still living in lismore, married with 2 kids and is supervisor or something of a call centre at telstra

his sister katrina lives in south australia and is engaged to paul (cant spell his last name sorry) "long-a-roo"... anyone know if either of them got their drivers license yet? lol

kym mcpherson - joined the police force, was in sydney - recently moved back to the north coast.

his brother jamie also joined the police force and lives in ballina

phill ramsay - still lives in lismore, working as a builder with his dad and jason walsh (i think?)

nathan jenner - a friend ran into him in maitland last week, no idea whats hes doing with himself nowdays.

troy iuliano - as far as i know hes in maitland still, not sure what hes doing either i think he works with his dad.

lisa kotz - living in maitland still, works as a nurse

jess everingham - living in tassie, and cops every tassie joke i can throw at her on every possible occasion :p

leigh hayman - living in grafton, not sure where shes working but i heard along the grapevine she recently had a child, congratz leigh if u ever read this!

joy hayman - no idea hey... last saw her in 2003 she was living in sydney and training to be a field athelete (shot-put, discis, hammer etc). i think she's given up bowling, which was a shame

nathan young - moved from tassie to brisbane after juniors, recently given up bowling league and is doing uni to become an accountant

thats about all i can think of right now because i have to go...

does anyone know what dane from nt, scotty too hotty from wa, and the likes of those guys from around the 95-02 "era" are up to nowdays?

one of my good mates Steven Paterson who's from bathurst is still here, he works with he's dad if memory serve's me laying carpet, but ya he is still around, one of the great central bowlers and i dont know if im right about this but he is the only nsw junior to win the NSW junior state master 2 times in a row.

Hey patrick, Is that patrick egan from lismore ur sis was deane?

Dunno if ull rember me cause i was a little kid back in 1999 to 02,Liegh did have a lil girl, And joy is marriad and living over in england she gave up bowling for kick boxing i think or boxing one of em.

Do u know wat happened to the ones like mellisa franke or her sis and erin mills?

Can any 1 else tell me wat happened to rodney and rachel sparks? from newcastle.

hey peeps
yeah i actually quit bowling this year but that only lasted what 4 months!! i start a league on monday and doing SOME tournies but work gets in the way of it so can't do it as much as i used to
yeah i work for the good old railways woohoo...
my eldest brother Phil Astill works for the railways also still bowls league and in Thunder..
my other brother Steve still bowls league and thunder also. he is married now and is ecpecting his first kid any day now. (Oh and him and his wife also work for the railways!!)
Dunno much bout anyone else but yeah ill post it in here for ya if i find out :cool:

yeh john its pat egan from lismore.
yeh my sister deanne still lives in lismore. she gave up bowling a fair while ago and hasnt really been interested in going back to it. she got married in october 04 and they bought a house late last year.

i was back in lismore last weekend and caught up with some of the old gossip channels, apparently melissa frankie is engaged and they recently bought a house. i think carly frankie quit bowling a few years ago and shes just been working but i only bumped into her for a second.

is patto still bowling tournaments or did he quit after juniors?

hey michelle, whats your dad up to nowdays? is he still coaching or anything? i ran into an old mate of his the other weekend.. ask him if he still remembers ron roet from lismore. hes working at lismore bowl again.
your dad was part of that team with ron and a few other guys that set the most pins knocked over in 24 hours record or something wasnt he? ... damn that'd be nearly 20 years ago now!

hey guys,
beammeupscotty asked about dane from the nt.
he gave up bowling after he hurt us shoulder i think a few years ago. he had a great girlfriend and i believe he is still with her.

When i left darwin to live in brisbane, he was a car sales man for ford back in 2003-04. not sure what he is up to now a days.

ciao
bobbie

hey pat yeah dad was part of that team and he does remember him it was around the time i was born he did that and im 21 so yeah was pretty close to 20 yrs ago!! He is also working for the railways himself he doesnt coach anymore he just has a bit of a hissy at us kids of his at bowling and thats the most coaching he does now! he is involved in the thunder team at bateau bay but thats about it.
:cool:

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to let you know that I know both Dane Cuthbert and Scott Andrews as I was a president shield team member for both NT and WA. I don't know what they are up to these days as I have lost contact with most the bowlers I bowled with in shield which is a bummer but oh well.

My situation is that I recently moved up to Brisbane from Melbourne just over two months ago and now working at AMF Kedron.

My question to anyone who knows of Brett Fox who bowled for SQ in 1997 and 1998 and my good mate Kylie Garraway who bowled NSWC and if you know what they are up to these days???

If you have any specific questions to bowlers from NT and WA, from the years 92-98, I'll try and fill you in as much as I am able to.

Good luck to all those one's who are still kickin' butt!

Danni

Saw Scott bowling league last year. Don't know whether he's just doing it as a once a week thing, or if he's thinking of getting back into tournaments etc

patrick said:
nathan young - moved from tassie to brisbane after juniors, recently given up bowling league and is doing uni to become an accountant
That's a shame he's given the game away, he could throw the orb pretty well too.
I knew he was studying something at Uni up there and was devoting less and less time to bowling, when I last saw him here a year or so back.

As for some of the others around here from the '95 to '05 era:
Ben & Sam Harriss both quit bowling about a year or two back, not sure what they're up to now - although I caught up with Ben at Brahm Price's 21st last year and he was going pretty well - walked into the pub with a chick on each arm - nothin's changed :D

Melanie (Mel) Collins quit bowling about a year or so back, I think she's quite high up in one of the store chains here (Chickenfeed or one of those), running some of the operations or something - doing really well anyway.

Anita Brunacci was doing Uni in Hobart last I heard, I last saw her about 10 months back. No longer bowls, but used to pop into the bowl on Thursday nights and say hello to everyone.

Gavin Hawkes quit bowling about 4 years ago, and came back for a short time and quit again, works for an IT firm in Hobart, and last time I saw him, he was playing Gridiron and had bulked up massively.
Hates bowling, will never come back - shame really because he had bucketloads of talent.

Adam Carr quit bowling at the end of 2002, got married about two years ago and they moved down the country somewhere and built a house down there.
They had a little baby girl last year.
He's pretty high up in Tascon Construction around the corner here - 2IC I think - they were based in the UK for awhile there as well but are in back in Hobart now.

Amy Huxley doesn't bowl tournaments very often now, still bowls Centre League at Moonah and the odd tournament here and there, plays hockey a fair bit too now.

Sally Hyland quit bowling years ago and unfortunately had a quite a few troubles down here but happily started a new life up in Queensland and apparently things are good now.

From the era I played in (early 90's), players such as Matty Riley, Hayden George, Mark Foster, Peta Jones and probably Brenda Cox over in WA, Adam "AJ" Johnson resumed bowling after virtually ten years out of the game (and still rolls it sweet), and yours truly still bowl, but the rest have dropped off the face of the earth.
Players like Matt Burtt, Dave & Andrew Robinson, Scott Leary, Nathan Bricknell, Kevin Redmond, Jane Gibbons, Tanya Prestage (quit a couple of years ago), Danielle Firman, Helena Jones, Sarah Huxley (lives in Melbourne), Allison Burtt (married some guy and lives in Adelaide).

Geez a lotta people have quit the game :eek:

Danni,

Yeah my sister and I were and still are good mates with Foxy. Don't see him as much as we used to. He is still at Maccas @ Nerang and runs the joint! He doesn't bowl anymore though, gave up after Juniors!

Thanks for letting me know nay_lea. Much appreciated. If you get a chance to see him again, tell him I said 'hello'. He might not remember me since it's been over 7 or 8 years since I last spoke to him in Sydney (Bankstown). Good to hear that he's doing well for himself. :)

Danni

I had the priveledge of bowling one President Shield for VICTORIA in 1998. Of the guys team, Peter Flynn i think is still bowling a bit in Geelong, Dean McKinnon is also still bowling a fair bit - Country Cup and tournaments still, Alan Jackson i think is now playing poker quite a lot and quite good at it from what i hear, Ian Hogg i am not too sure about, David Cardona is still bowling and getting back into tournaments now (Danni i think you would remember David-he rode a shot during shield and cleaned u up), Chris McKenzie is also still bowling a lot and ding quite well for himslf.
Of the girls team, Nat Shelley we all know is still bowling everything and doing very well, Rebecca Robinson also still bowling in alot and also on the receiving end of Paul Trotters 878, Suzy Medwell from what i know is no longer bowling but still in America doing some scholarship, Kristy Frichot now living somewhere in Queensland and i dont think she is bowling anymore, Ilea Hinkley is not bowling any more from knowledge (saw her bout 9 months ago), Lauren Woolard not too sure what she is up to, was working at Narree Warren bowl and Tammy Battle i have seen or heard of since we finished bowling that year.

Thanx for reminding me Muels and to everyone else who was bowling in that year! And, I do remember the incident quite well when David rode his shot and cleaned me up as you said in your post. Something that I rather forget about now that I am back working in a bowling centre. Not that it matters because I am sure there isn't too many people who know me up here in Brissy.

to correct Tiger, Mel Collins is now a Trainee Business Manager with Target at Glenorchy. She has given bowling away to concentrate on her career.

Back
Top Bottom