What keeps you coming back to the Game and Tournaments…

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Just as the thread title says… What keeps you coming back to the Game and Tournaments…

Year in year out people’s lifestyles change, family, work or even closed centres force you to make changes…
E.g.…Milton Closes its doors…people are forced to follow the league to another centre, NOT bowl at all or join other leagues…
Tournaments are still strong in some areas and weak in others…What is it that is appealing about some and not others…

Do you bowl in your leagues or tournaments for the…

• Fun
  • Experience
  • Enjoyment
  • Catch up with friends

Or maybe you have other reasons to rock on down and have a throw…

Tell us what makes you come back week after week…

For me, its about testing myself all the time. I feel the need to look for improvement every time I bowl.

I guess I am also trying to stave off the inevitable...

:surrender::surrender::surrender:

Mid life crisis is a bummer.

Well the tournmant scene in sydney and nsw is i think on the weaker side, i believe that this is due to living costs going up in NSW compared to a slower rise in other areas.

That being said however, bowlers call out for more this more than in NSW but when someone puts up something numbers are lacking so i dont know

To answer that jase l have givin up bowling for 6 to 12 month at the moment due to work and you want l don't miss it.. l have been bowling for 20 years in bendigo and just needed a break from bowling. sometime when l was bowling it was just a habit to go to the bowl every friday night.... l mit come back to bowling and l mit not who knows

Cheers Matt Hagley

Depends on if you are married or not I spose.. LOL

I come back because I enjoy alot of the social aspect of the sport. Catching up with a few people each sports, country or interstate tournament is better than sitting at home doing nothing. Teams events like Emerson really are the icing on the cake.

Even in saying that, while the social aspect will get me to a tournament, the fact is it is well run or not helps me decide whether I keep comming back.

Jase

Being on the larger side of life there are not many sports in which I can participate. Bowling in both leagues and tornaments gives me the chance to participate in teams and have a winning chance, as bowling is for all ages and all weight classes (so to speak). I love interacting with other bowlers and trying to achieve my best. Winning or losing doesn't matter as long as we enjoy ourselves.

• Fun
  • Experience
  • Enjoyment
  • Catch up with friends
It`s all of the above for me.. Tournaments are more for experience, but i also like the tournaments coz i get to see all my friend`s from other centres that i dont get to see everyday.

Bowling is the best sport... in my opinion
Because there is always room for improvement.. =)
cheers,

I came back to bowling about 2 years ago, after 9 years away from the game. I find i keep bowling because i want to better myself and my game continuosly, and want to compete at the highest level, when i can afford lol.

I, as Matt said, would like to see more tournaments in and around Sydney and throughout NSW but i also believe that something gets arranged and then the numbers are not just there very often. Dunno why!

I just love the game and the friends that I have made over the years. Where else can one compete with World Champions on the lanes and then have a chat with them later on. How many sports are there where Males & females can compete on the same level.

The thing about our great sport is that we can all enjoy the game regardless of age or gender and regardless if you are in the best centre or the worse. In the end it is what you make of it that makes our sport so good.:cool:

For me, its about testing myself all the time. I feel the need to look for improvement every time I bowl.
I guess I am also trying to stave off the inevitable...
:surrender::surrender::surrender:

The weekend was all about just that. Challenging myself every match, trying to find ways to a) hit the pocket and b) carry

Staving off the inevitable? Mentally stuffed afterwards.

the constant focusing of every ball i bowl, the challenge, the clean quick sound of pins knocking against each other when i hit a clean pocket

Back
Top Bottom