what sort of tournaments do you prefer??

Would you rather participate in

• Mixed gender events (separate prize funds)

Votes: 78 73.6%
  • Mixed gender events (one main prize fund)

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Same gender events only

Votes: 10 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bm2

I'm still standin'
With recent debate about what is or isn't lacking within Australian tournaments, I was just wondering what do the bowlers prefer when it comes to the tournaments they bowl in - do the guys find bowling side by side with the women a bit of a drag, and want to bowl just with the men, (and the same with the girls!) or do both sexes simply prefer to bowl events regardless of the gender, and don't care if the field is mixed???:

I'vr found that most of the women I know who bowl tournaments do so to improve their game. By bowling in mixed gender events we have the opportunity to bowl against the men, most women will tend to lift their game and try to keep pace with them. It just makes self improvement that little bit easier. I'm not asying that there aren't great female bowlers out there, but the men just seem to be that bit more competitive. In some cases I prrsonally, would prefer to bowl in a male dominated field.

I think we should see one field of bowlers, men and women bowling in the same field but seperate prizefunds.

At various times my other half has said that bowling with or against a weaker bowler (male or female) in tournament play is not helpful - I think it is all in the mental game (I whimp out and only bowl league).

Janey

Bowling is the only sport where the field is so equal, seeing the sport is more a mental game than physical, then prise money should be the one prise, you dont need seperate money just to get women to bowl, as there are a lot out there that can wip guys ass

Anyone that is male, that doesn't love bowling with Australian Women bowlers must be one of them "Funny Buggers"

The last thing we need to see out there is a sausage fest. LOL

On a more serious note:

I love bowling tournaments with all types of bowlers. Sometimes slightly lower scoring bowlers can actually help your scoring, as you can watch where they *not* scoring and do something different. Its also great to read when a *weaker* bowler is doing something right that you aren't, you can really observe and make good changes!

I really enjoyed bowling with who I was paired with on the weekend, even though he didn't make the cut, it was great meeting someone new to tournaments!

If one uses the "Glass half full" theory, you will enjoy your bowling alot more!

Great topic for discussion!
Cheers!

Anyone that is male, that doesn't love bowling with Australian Women bowlers must be one of them "Funny Buggers"
The last thing we need to see out there is a sausage fest. LOL
On a more serious note:
I love bowling tournaments with all types of bowlers. Sometimes slightly lower scoring bowlers can actually help your scoring, as you can watch where they *not* scoring and do something different. Its also great to read when a *weaker* bowler is doing something right that you aren't, you can really observe and make good changes!
I really enjoyed bowling with who I was paired with on the weekend, even though he didn't make the cut, it was great meeting someone new to tournaments!
If one uses the "Glass half full" theory, you will enjoy your bowling alot more!
Great topic for discussion!
Cheers!

Don't agree with you most times but this one i will. This weekend i started bad ad then watched what the bowler that i was paired with and then changed to what i needed to do and i ended at making the cut and also did the bowler i was paired with who actually finished 4th in the Tournament.

Back
Top Bottom